Super Tuesday - 1,357 Delegates at Stake

washparkhorn

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Trip Gabriel, in Charlotte, N.C. Just now

One clue to Sanders’s tough night so far: Turnout by voters under 30 in Virginia and N.C. is proportionately lower than in the 2016 primaries, according to exit polls.

It's the only chance he had to beat the terrified olds

Just now, Message Board User said:

Trip Gabriel, in Charlotte, N.C. Just now

One clue to Sanders’s tough night so far: Turnout by voters under 30 in Virginia and N.C. is proportionately lower than in the 2016 primaries, according to exit polls.

If this holds nationwide that's ballgame for 'ole Bernard.

His gambit was to turn out the youth vote and the non-voters. He does that, he wins. If he doesn't, he loses.

Keep fighting his ass off all the way through and, if Biden wants Bernie to withdraw early and endorse then Bernie should force Biden into adopting M4A and other planks from Bernie's platform.

I don't think Bernie should try to fight in the 2nd round (and I don't think he would even think to try that), but there's no need to drop out early or stop fighting.

It's the movement and issues that matter, not Sanders himself.

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Dude on CNN just said that Virginia's vote total, with only 80% of the vote in, is already over 100K more than the total 2016 primary vote.

that's AWESOME!

re: the debates...SNL needs to bring Woody Harrelson back, he was the best Biden. 

soooo...black voters turned out for their guy, and the youth (at least in the south i guess), as usual did not? 

if that's what the takeaway is from tonight...then i think everybody coalescing around Biden will prove to be the right choice come November. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If this holds nationwide that's ballgame for 'ole Bernard.

His gambit was to turn out the youth vote and the non-voters. He does that, he wins. If he doesn't, he loses.

Keep fighting his ass off all the way through and, if Biden wants Bernie to withdraw early and endorse then Bernie should force Biden into adopting M4A and other planks from Bernie's platform.

I don't think Bernie should try to fight in the 2nd round (and I don't think he would even think to try that), but there's no need to drop out early or stop fighting.

It's the movement and issues that matter, not Sanders himself.

M4A should be on the platform.

”Oh, it’s going to cost $3k to test me for coronavirus?”

If you gave me a button to press that would make Bernie Sanders drop out but put M4A, free college, medical/student debt forgiveness, and marijuana legalization into legal effect I would do a Randy "Macho Man" Savage flying elbow onto the button while screaming "OH YEAH!"

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Oh  hell yeah "it all comes down to coverage" what a wonderful system the centrists are eager to maintain. We can't even tell people how much it costs to test themselves or their kids.

Fucking kick ass country and system. Love it.

WOO!

11 minutes ago, mchookem said:

that's AWESOME!

re: the debates...SNL needs to bring Woody Harrelson back, he was the best Biden. 

soooo...black voters turned out for their guy, and the youth (at least in the south i guess), as usual did not? 

if that's what the takeaway is from tonight...then i think everybody coalescing around Biden will prove to be the right choice come November. 

It’s what we’ve seen from the beginning.  Bern doesn’t turn out voters.  New voters show up and vote for everyone but him.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you gave me a button to press that would make Bernie Sanders drop out but put M4A, free college, medical/student debt forgiveness, and marijuana legalization into legal effect I would do a Randy "Macho Man" Savage flying elbow onto the button while screaming "OH YEAH!"

You act like people like Bernie's policies but hate Bernie.  To me Bernie is easiest the most likable candidate but, for the most part, I don't like his policies.  No need to take it personally, bros. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
engrish
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

jesus are we at 'bargaining' already?  it's still light outside.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Blooberg with early Okie lead. Figures.

His black agenda is literally named after a black Tulsa neighborhood that was destroyed by whites in a 1921 massacre. A former mayor was supporting him hard and a lot of black leaders supported him here, so not too surprising. Bernie beat Hillary here in 2016.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You act like people like Bernie's policies but hate Bernie.  To me Bernie is easiest the most likable candidate but, for the most part, I don't like his policies.  No need to take it personally, bros. 

My view as well. If you took Bernie's personality and history but dropped the extremely unpopular positions he has that poison him in the general, I would be a huge fan.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

So, you don't want them as allies?

Got it.

lol what?

No I'm just making fun of white liberals online who are acting like they speak for black America because Bernie is losing. Let them speak for themselves. 

Just now, henrygandorf said:

jesus are we at 'bargaining' already?  it's still light outside.

I already lived through 2016. I've got no interest in denial, anger, or depression. Hell, I'm not even interested in bargaining for Bernie's candidacy. If he loses a fair fight I'll go straight to acceptance.

Bargaining for the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Americans who will die under Joe's dogshit healthcare plan? The millions who will suffer needlessly? Yes, I'll grovel for that.

Bargaining for the lives of the people who will lose family members to suicide over medical debt that Joe will jeer at for his Delaware finance buddies? Yes, I'll grovel for that.

Bargaining for the lives of civilians who will die when Joe is goaded into more wars and extralegal actions? Yes, I'll grovel for that.

I'll fill your mug with leftist tears for it if it'll help.

Back in the day when I was counting votes, the earliest returns we got into the newsroom were always from the absentee/early voting ballots. I presume that’s still the case, so many of the votes making up the current tally were from a week ago, when it appeared Biden’s campaign was dead in the water. Then SC happened. He may gain even more strength as the night goes on. 

Just now, FWD said:

My view as well. If you took Bernie's personality and history but dropped the extremely unpopular positions he has that poison him in the general, I would be a huge fan.

If Bernie would just let poor people die from want of healthcare I would do vote for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

You people claim to hate Johnny Sack and people like him but deep down many here are no different, even if they like to pretend otherwise. 

Oh yes, completely sane far left person, please tell us how crazy all of us are.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Whatever system VA uses for vote counting needs to be used nation wide. Already at 93% reported.

It closed earlier.  VA and VT were the only states that closed at 6 central.

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh yes, completely sane far left person, please tell us how crazy all of us are.  

I’m just saying that you and him both prefer a system that is extremely cruel and causes untold suffering and immiseration just so the very rich can be a tiny bit richer. That’s who you are.