Does anyone know what year this is from?

BurntOrange&White

Craig Curry.  I was there.  I told him not to even try to catch the ball.  Apparently Coach Akers did not, nor did anyone else.

I guess he didn't hear me from the upper deck.

Will not neg OP, but really want to do so.

Edited by smwhorn

This is one of the worst OPs in the history of internet message boards. For one thing, all he had to do was type 

Georgia Cotton Bowl Texas

into Google. Literally in the same order they appear on the cap. Didn't do that. Not to mention the OP's username references a Bevo from the mid-60s. So lack of historical reference shouldn't be an issue. Then there's the fact that only 14-15 months ago this particular Cotton Bowl game was discussed a lot on the message board because of the Sugar Bowl matchup.

I award you no points etc. etc.

I am going to throw this out and then duck and cover. I know Texas was number 2 and undefeated but, based on what happened in the Orange Bowl, does anyone have doubts that Texas would have been MNC if they had won. The entire media circus was devoted to pushing Nebraska/Miami as the MNC game and they jumped to number 1 from around 6 after winning.  I could see an undefeated Texas suffering the same jump. Not going to say it was absolute but the possibility exists since the NBC media machine spent an entire month convincing writers that the Orange Bowl was it.  And I'm still mad about that season. Auburn lost to Texas and played something like 6 teams in top 10 while Miami lost badly to Florida. At number 3 we had a better case for being MNC than anyone else that year after 1 and 2 lost. Nebraska was nothing but hype since they opened with a huge win over Penn State (defending MNC) and played no one else.

Edited by AUinHsv

No way.  Texas would have been the only undeated team left and beat Auburn.  Would have been #1 (to go with our baseball championship that year).

A better arguement could be made that Nebraska wins Orange Bowl that night if Texas won earlier in day.  Miami (and fans) would not have been as motivited.  

Edited by TxEx84

I don't think so.  An undefeated Texas team would be #1 over a 1 loss Miami.  It's been a long time, but if memory serves the voters relied heavily on won loss records in their rankings.  All the analysis and SOS stuff came into play way after this game, IIRC.

Also the Longhorn outside linebacker was tackled by an O lineman on the TD run.  No call, fucking bullshit.

23 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

I know Texas was number 2 and undefeated but, based on what happened in the Orange Bowl, does anyone have doubts that Texas would have been MNC if they had won. The entire media circus was devoted to pushing Nebraska/Miami as the MNC game and they jumped to number 1 from around 6 after winning. I could see an undefeated Texas suffering the same jump.

you can see the walls of your rectum based on where your head is planted

2 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Craig Curry.  I was there.  I told him not to even try to catch the ball.  Apparently Coach Akers did not, nor did anyone else.

I guess he didn't hear me from the upper deck.

Will not neg OP, but really want to do so.

I was blaming Mossey Cade for that muff for the longest time.

I had seats next to some Georgia fans. They were talking all game long about how Texas was kicking their asses. Well, almost all game.

And their OT tackled Mark Lang on that last touchdown. The QB was Lang’s man on that option. 

And I’ve had to listen to Nebraska fans talk about Tom Osborne missing out on a MNC by going for two against Miami later that night. Well, if we each get to take back one play, Nebraska loses the MNC because a tie isn’t gonna cut it if Texas goes undefeated. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

And Nebraska and Texas had a common opponent in OU sucks. Texas kicked OU’s ass while Nebraska avoided a tie by tipping the pass away from Buster Rhymes on 4th and goal with less than a minute to play. 

I listened to that game on the way back from our game in Collie Station where we scored 45 points in less than 15 minutes, something I don’t know has ever been equaled. 

We ate at Beans on W 6th St right after that OU-NU game. There’s probably a high rise in on that location now. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I had seats next to some Georgia fans. They were talking all game long about how Texas was kicking their asses. Well, almost all game.

And their OT tackled Mark Lang on that last touchdown. The QB was Lang’s man on that option. 

And I’ve had to listen to Nebraska fans talk about Tom Osborne missing out on a MNC by going for two against Miami later that night. Well, if we each get to take back one play, Nebraska loses the MNC because a tie isn’t gonna cut it if Texas goes undefeated. 

The worst non-holding call I have ever seen.

19 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I hope you find a sex tape of your mother next

Shouldn’t be too difficult. She has a lot of em floating around out there. 

14 hours ago, cochamps said:

I don’t have many on ignore, but this jack wagon is one.

Yep. I would’ve had a lot more respect for this OP if it actually was a troll post.