Does anyone know what year this is from?

BurntOrange&White

On 3/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, TxEx84 said:

Kill the OP.  One of the worst days of my Longhorn fandom.  I was a student sitting in the end zone.

Me too.  Listened to Nebraska-Miami on the way back to Houston and it just kept getting worse and worse.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:13 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I listened to that game on the way back from our game in Collie Station where we scored 45 points in less than 15 minutes, something I don’t know has ever been equaled. 

I was at that game as well.  The wind was howling from the north and Rick McIvor was just slinging it when he had it to his back in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  

On 3/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, tbone_ said:

I thought it was supposed to be Jitter Fields.

Fields was deep, behind Curry - which I have always believed was the first mistake.  No one should have been back there to field the punt or Fields should have been where Curry was standing.  Curry should have been lined up over a gunner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

Gields was deep, behind Curry - which I have always believed was the first mistake.  No one should have been back there to field the punt or Fields should have been where Curry was standing.  Curry should have been lined up over a gunner.

Jitter Fields returned kicks earlier in his career. That is different than fielding punts, but I suspect he had at least practiced punt returns. Curry should have been told to run away from the ball. It was 4th and 25, for crissakes. I understand leaving the defense on the field, but no one was told what to do it it was a punt.   

On 3/2/2020 at 5:49 PM, tbone_ said:

I thought it was supposed to be Jitter Fields.

I was near the opposite end zone on the punt. I also blamed Jitter for over 30 years till read it was Curry OTOS a few years back.  Blame the double boot flask.

1 hour ago, Gambrinus said:

I was near the opposite end zone on the punt. I also blamed Jitter for over 30 years till read it was Curry OTOS a few years back.  Blame the double boot flask.

Well, Jitter did have a clear chance to recover the muff, but the ball squirted out. He may have knocked it away with his own knee. I can’t bring myself to research the exact details.