Chris Matthews retires

RPM

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He may have been wrong, but if he is being forced out because of the comments reported in the GQ article then that is way overboard from MSNBC.   

Did you read the articles? 

Warning - Matthews' workplace behavior will get you fired. Don't do it. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

But good riddance to that braying man-goose. 

I enjoyed his Northeastern Three-Bottles-of-Nyquil Slobber Talk. No need for peasant consonants when you an ju alk li thish, isher a prolm wizheewayital? Nosherioully I douit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I enjoyed his Northeastern Three-Bottles-of-Nyquil Slobber Talk. No need for peasant consonants when you an ju alk li thish, isher a prolm wizheewayital? Nosherioully I douit.

Philly. Them and Baltimoreans talk like they've got a mouthful of Chesapeake mud.

Complete side note. It cracks me up when people who know better go around saying that there's only five or ten distinct accents in America. There's Philly, Baltimore, Jesey, Outer Banks, several different ones in NYC, Boston, rural New England, Tidewater Virginia, over-mountain Virginia, North Carolina with those weird O's, Charleston,  Gullah (maybe more a dialect or a pidgin), and Savannah, all on the East Coast alone. And I am sure I am missing a few

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He may have been wrong, but if he is being forced out because of the comments reported in the GQ article then that is way overboard from MSNBC.   

No way in hell someone who has spent the last 25 years of his life analyzing politics and elections "retires" the night before Super Tuesday in the primaries.  He got Olbermanned.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

But good riddance to that braying man-goose. He can go to Fox and be a pet Liberal / useful idiot like Colmes and Geraldo and the harassment vibe is probably a little more chill there, even today.  

No network would have the balls to do it but a Crossfire type of show featuring Mattthews and O'Reilly would kill in the ratings.  I would also bet that if those two were put in a neutral (non MSNBC/Fox) environment they would be in agreement more often than people on either the left or the right would think they would be.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

No network would have the balls to do it but a Crossfire type of show featuring Mattthews and O'Reilly would kill in the ratings.  I would also bet that if those two were put in a neutral (non MSNBC/Fox) environment they would be in agreement more often than people on either the left or the right would think they would be.

I doubt it.

1.) America doesn’t want to watch their sauced up perve father / grandfather argue with his creepily aggressive sexist frenemy 

2.) What’s a neutral network?

3.) The things they would agree upon are no longer acceptable. That’s the crazy thing about getting old. If you agree with other old people about any subject... you’re automatically wrong. If other olds hold your ideas in contempt, you’re still with it.

Luby’s is a great lunch spot? Wrong.

Dinner is at 4:30? Wrong.

The good ole days were good? Wrong.

Donald Trump should be / is a great President. GTFO

I’m Not a regular viewer at all so was unaware of these problems. Sad that he’s made unfortunate comments but I haven’t seen anything reported that puts him in the camp of a Charlie Rose.

Whether some like it or not, you shouldn’t flirt with someone in a professional environment. Might be harmless intent from the person making the comments but the other party doesn’t know that.  And a younger woman really doesn’t want the old guy flirting with her anyway. 

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

It wouldn’t surprise anyone on the left,  because we know Matthews is a conservative.