"Dave" (Lil Dicky's new show) original comedy on FX

Goo Punch

Premiers tomorrow. I know next to nothing about Lil Dicky's music, I just know he's a super talented, funny, and creative guy. He's like a white Donald Glover. Definitely gonna give this show a chance. 

Edited by Goo Punch

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I know nothing about Dave or Lil Dicky but almost don't want to tune in because of the incessant running of the one promo commercial that's been running an nauseum.

Omg the promo is infuriating after the 23rd time you've heard it in a span of like 2 days. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I know next to nothing about him

spacer.png

hes super talented, funny and creative

spacer.png

He's a white Donald Glover

spacer.png

well when you change what i actually said into whatever you want...

this is why you're on my list of top five twatty posters. you, immortal, rex kramer, etc. people who add nothing to any thread other than just twatty little contrived arguments like this. 

Edited by Goo Punch

The three song posted are freaking hilarious and actually pretty good songs.    I was looking forward to more music from him but this looks like it could be funny for a while.    Not sure how much long term play it would have but it could be good for a few laughs

On 3/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, d2o said:

The three song posted are freaking hilarious and actually pretty good songs.    I was looking forward to more music from him but this looks like it could be funny for a while.    Not sure how much long term play it would have but it could be good for a few laughs

He’s been on sway in the morning a few times. He definitely has a unique, corny style that isn’t for everyone, but he’s clearly pretty fucking talented. And he hasn’t changed a bit since he got big. He’s been putting out solid stuff for about 7 or 8 years now 

1st time 4 years ago

2nd time last year (I think)

I think he has a lot of really clever lines in both. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

He’s been on sway in the morning a few times. He definitely has a unique, corny style that isn’t for everyone, but he’s clearly pretty fucking talented. And he hasn’t changed a bit since he got big. He’s been putting out solid stuff for about 7 or 8 years now 

1st time 4 years ago

2nd time last year (I think)

I think he has a lot of really clever lines in both. 

I told this story on the old site, went to his first show in Austin at Stubbs indoor. Friend and got VIP so we and about 3 others got to eat pizza and drink tea with him. Genuinely a really nice guy who seemed really interested in what we all thought of his music. 

Edited by hobbes2702

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

That final scene was the hardest I’ve laughed at a TV show in a while.

I just came here to post the exact same thing after watching it last night.  I can't remember the last time I busted out laughing so hard at any TV show or movie.  

2 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

The final scene of the 3rd episode is the hardest I've laughed at anything in a while.  But damn, they did it to me again last episode, this show is hilarious

SOMEBODY SUCK ME

damn, just now catching up. i have to say- that was by far the most realistic depiction of being bipolar that i've ever seen. every scene, all of the dialogue, and that actor's emotions; wow; that was all insanely well done. i've seen many many movies shows that depict bipolar people and/or mental institutions, and this episode of Dave blows them all out of the water. that was amazing. 

• Like 2

damn, just now catching up. i have to say- that was by far the most realistic depiction of being bipolar that i've ever seen. every scene, all of the dialogue, and that actor's emotions; wow; that was all insanely well done. i've seen many many movies shows that depict bipolar people and/or mental institutions, and this episode of Dave blows them all out of the water. that was amazing. 
It was so realistic because it is actually real. Gata is Lil Dicky's hype man in real life and is actually bipolar. So he didnt have to act that, those were real life emotions and real life tears which is what made it hit so hard for me. I look forward to them getting back to the funny next week but that was a great episode.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

yeah that's exactly what i said to my mom. i said, "Gata has to actually be bipolar, because that wasn't acting- that was real." great performance, and not at all what i was expecting  from the 4th or 5th episode of Lil Dicky's FX comedy. iirc i referred to LD as "sort of a white Donald Glover", and not only has this show basically been White Atlanta so to speak. but that episode last night really reminded me of the kind of stuff that DG is doing with Atlanta.