"Dave" (Lil Dicky's new show) original comedy on FX

Goo Punch

On 3/20/2020 at 8:37 AM, justinjc7 said:

The final scene of the 3rd episode is the hardest I've laughed at anything in a while.  But damn, they did it to me again last episode, this show is hilarious

lol at the callback tonight. 

Seeing Dave's gf in a Pats uniform kinda ruined her for me 😕

Edited by TommyGufano

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This was one of my favorite episodes of the series. The jail song was classic dicky lol, but now we’re getting to some of the real shit. That breakfast club interview actually happened:

Oh that was 100% my favorite episode of the season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know nothing about Lil Dicky, but I heard enough good stuff about the show that I gave it a shot on Friday.  Finished it last night.  Really enjoyed it.  A lot of the best stuff was already mentioned. 

I also loved the Todd Dillason/Ty Dolla $ign confusion with Mike.  Killed me.

I know that it wasn't the funniest episode, but the bookending of the song in Episode 9 was unbelievably good.  It's a dumb show, but shows a lot of heart.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

“Jail” was the biggest for me. To cold open your season finale with that was fucking brave 

That whole episode is just brilliant television. I actually need to go back and watch the first few episodes - someone else sucked me into it while they were watching so I think I've only seen the last several. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think it's setting up the season-long conflict that dave has - he has writer's block (or may just be creatively bankrupt).

the way they unveiled that near the end of episode one was genius.  they built the tension forcing him to confess.  nobody saw that coming.