"Dave" (Lil Dicky's new show) original comedy on FX

Goo Punch

32 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Second ep was one of the best of the entire series, IMO.  Also think if he released that song for real, it would be a mainstream hit.

the wife was asking if the songs from the show are actual songs, which i guess means released as part of a downloadable album?  the lines are pretty blurred these days.  but if you're a ld fan, have you heard any of these songs before the show, or are they written specifically for the show where they make their debut?

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the wife was asking if the songs from the show are actual songs, which i guess means released as part of a downloadable album?  the lines are pretty blurred these days.  but if you're a ld fan, have you heard any of these songs before the show, or are they written specifically for the show where they make their debut?

I've heard some of the individual lines from his freestyles/album inserted in the show, but every song so far in the show has been brand new.

Dicky did say in an interview that the song from ep2 was one he wrote outside the show (but never released) and he was excited to find a spot for it in the season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

am i the only one watching this?  this is the best television so far in 2023.

just watched last night's and it's been a while since i've seen a show this raw and honest with and about its characters.  i don't know what dave/ld is like in real life, but what they've created is an absolute masterpiece.

i fear that it's so emotionally draining (it has to be) that they won't make any more after this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

am i the only one watching this?  this is the best television so far in 2023.

just watched last night's and it's been a while since i've seen a show this raw and honest with and about its characters.  i don't know what dave/ld is like in real life, but what they've created is an absolute masterpiece.

i fear that it's so emotionally draining (it has to be) that they won't make any more after this season.

It is such a great show. I’m emotionally drained after watching it, I can’t imagine how hard it is on him to write and create this. Very real feeling….except for all the crazy hallucinating, obviously unreal stuff. 

I liked the Met Gala episode a lot. Sex doll weird, but the documentary video was awesome. And yeah, Mrs. McAdams was awesome. I liked her in this episode and the Notebook quote lol

This is a hard show to watch an episode in one sitting. Sometimes I need to break for a bit 

• Hook 'Em 1

when pitt asks dave if this type of thing has happened to him before, it reminded me of the scene in larry sanders where larry thinks he has a stalker, and has separate conversations with phil hartman and corbin bernsen about it. 

bernsen later explains that he allows some of his stalkers to spend time with him, because he thinks it's safer and disarms them.  then we find out he has brought one of them to the taping - some weird dude in the corner talking to larry like, "hey, i know you, you're friends with corbin aren't you?"

and then of course hartman makes fun of him and says, "oh yeah, i'm taking 3 of my stalkers on a caribbean cruise this summer."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2023 at 9:06 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

"Mr. McAdams" officially dropped as a single today.

He also announced an album coming next month (likely songs from the show).  Presale opened today.

Soundtrack from the show dropped today.  No totally new songs, but a lot of expansion on ones we only heard snippets of on the show.  "Honestly" and "Harrison Ave" are two of his best songs ever, IMO.