Horns at blOU SUCKS!! ......Tonight 8pm ESPN2

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thought refs might call a technical on Texas because players on Texas bench came on the court before the game was over... WHEW!!!

It’s not a T unless it interferes with play. They had already stopped the game to make sure the shot was off in in time (timing issue) so no T.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Sure it is.  If a team that sucks at shooting threes is content to pass it around the perimeter then settle for a three, why would you ever foul them?

Again: it CAN NOT be a conspiracy in all 30 games, guys.  Come on.

There is something to be said about coaches that dont work the refs, ever

we see the same thing in football with herman

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Honestly, a big part of the foul discrepancy is that our offensive game plan is to pass the ball around the perimeter until the clock runs down then shoot a slightly contested three.  No one fouls us because they don't have to.  We willingly take low percentage shots most of the time and almost never go into the lane.

We dominated them in points in the first half. What you're saying is usually true for the season, but nowhere close to true in today's game. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

It’s been that way the entire season. 

we haven’t had the same refs in every game this season.

but you know what we have had the same of this entire season? OUR OFFENSE.

It hasn't been as extreme as what we saw tonight. This game was high stakes for both programs and the Big 12 refs did EVERYthing they could to make OU walk away winners. Now Texas is in the dance and OU is out. The ONLY way Texas won this game was because the BALL DON'T LIE.  Look at the Tech game, FTs were closer to even. This game stunk of a rig. Even when the TV timeouts were called. If Texas survives a rig in Norman, Shaka is charmed and we need to ride him out.

First thing's first. Ditch the Big 12. I don't feel connected to any rivalries anymore because the refs have absolutely ruined the conference--or the conference has used the refs to ruin themselves.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, yeah, we get some bad calls.

But as they pointed out tonight, we're 351 out of 353 in free throws attempted.

It can't be a conspiracy in all 30 games.

Agreed but then you start to get an undeserved reputation that sticks in the back of the ref's mind. The last 2 games are a great example.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Also Coleman got fouled by Reaves on that shot

Exactly

He also should've got an And1 on the shot that brought us within 1 before the missed free throws. 

All the people talking about how we never drive didnt watch tonight's game. They're just splatting out their rote responses without saying anything applicable to tonight's game. We dominated them in points in the paint tonight yet only shot 2 free throws. Get the fuck out of here with your justification for tonight's free throw disparity. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Exactly

He also should've got an And1 on the shot that brought us within 1 before the missed free throws. 

All the people talking about how we never drive didnt watch tonight's game. They're just splatting out their rote responses without saying anything applicable to tonight's game. We dominated them in points in the paint tonight yet only shot 2 free throws. Get the fuck out of here with your justification for tonight's free throw disparity. 

We drove a lot. Ran into walls. Got a lot of rebounds that miraculously came out of our hands cleanly while surrounded by sooners. 

12 hours ago, txhorns said:

You dumb fuck you have screwed us.  Our winning streak was because the game threads were being started after the game started due to apathy.  

giphy.gif 

Hook 'Em 🤘

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

There is something to be said about coaches that dont work the refs, ever

we see the same thing in football with herman

this. he actually worked the refs in 2nd half against Tech and it paid off. the game got called even.

keep doing it so they don;t get so shocked that you say something and they T you up immediately.

its human nature. they know they fuck up calls on the reg.  if you point it out human nature is make up for it. point out that coleman gets fouled our front constantly.  point out that Hamm gets called for a tickey tack and then sooner gets to hammer brock.

Its part of the job and if you aren't doing it you aren't doing your team and players any favors.  this is fucking Big 12 P5 basketball not pussy A10 mid major shit. 

demand that the ref respek your authoritie!  stop being a pussy and quit getting run over by guys that should be officiating middle school games. 

Fran was literally begging Shaka to quit being a pussy the other game.  he was incredulous at the bullshit foul on Jones where the guy just lost the ball.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thought refs might call a technical on Texas because players on Texas bench came on the court before the game was over... WHEW!!!

to be honest I am shocked that one ref Higgins or whatever didn't call an offensive foul on Ramey's drive.  

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know TX screws itself with the type of offense it runs.

That being said, I really don't see how a team can take 59 shots, 33 of them two-pointers, and only go to the line twice.  That seems kind of statistically impossible.

exactly  no one is saying it should be even but the disparity is ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

to be honest I am shocked that one ref Higgins or whatever didn't call an offensive foul on Ramey's drive.  

Are you talking about his last drive at the end of the game? The sooner dude was moving and fouled the shit out of Ramey. The play before that Hamm got called for a lot less. We had some terrible calls go against us tonight but overall Pancho and Archer are exactly right. The all year free throw discrepancy is our offenses fault, not the refs.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Are you talking about his last drive at the end of the game? The sooner dude was moving and fouled the shit out of Ramey. The play before that Hamm got called for a lot less. We had some terrible calls go against us tonight but overall Pancho and Archer are exactly right. The all year free throw discrepancy is our offenses fault, not the refs.

yeah I know.  but Ramey touched him so I am surprised it didn't get called offensive.

yes our offense works around the perimeter mostly and I'm not expecting it to be even.  Coleman gets ridden out front a TON with 2 hands on him. Brock and Hamm actually drive more and get hacked constantly with no foul.

I can tell you this.  If Bill Self/Bob Huggins/Bobby Knight/Lon Krueger/Rick Barnes/etc had this FT disparity in a game where they had 33 2 point shots and had almost twice as many points in the paint they would be "mentioning" it in the post game presser continuously.

5 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

No one is talking about the all year free throw discrepancy. We're talking about tonight's game which is taking place on a thread about tonight's game. 

Well you’re not but some people earlier in the thread were. We got away with a few fouls too. Overall I’d say there were maybe 5 or 6 really bad calls tonight. We were playing @ OU what the heck do you expect.

7 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Well you’re not but some people earlier in the thread were. We got away with a few fouls too. Overall I’d say there were maybe 5 or 6 really bad calls tonight. We were playing @ OU what the heck do you expect.

How can you be trying to justify a 29 to 2 free throw disparity? 

7 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Something more reasonable than 29 to 2. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm stunned.  That Craig Way call sends chills down my spine.  Amazing stuff.  I mean it doesn't make up for the years of abject malaise Shaka's brought to the program, but this run has been impressive and straight up punching OU in the nards at the buzzer on senior night is 1000% awesome.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Sure it is.  If a team that sucks at shooting threes is content to pass it around the perimeter then settle for a three, why would you ever foul them?

Again: it CAN NOT be a conspiracy in all 30 games, guys.  Come on.

That was true, but ever since Shaka was forced to go away from his “4 shooters minimum” lineups and the “jack 25+ 3’s/game” system, we’ve been taking less 3’s and getting to the line more.

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Something more reasonable than 29 to 2. 

Completely agreed. I’m just saying I expect to have some calls go against us on the road. You guys are acting like it was 29-2 in FOULS called. It was 21-10. Bad still and as I said we had some terrible calls go against us. I’m not sure why @Rickylovesweed thinks I was justifying anything. The officiating sucked.

20 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

How can you be trying to justify a 29 to 2 free throw disparity? 

You can't justify this. I understand if one team is being aggressive, driving to the hoop and attacking the offensive boards and the other team is playing passive...there will be a discrepancy in fouls called. I get that but thats not the case here. We are in the other team's face and they're in ours. A difference of a couple fouls is one thing but not the past few games. Wasn't the first tech game something like 10-1 and then I think 15-3. Thats nonsense. The first half of the second tech was almost as bad.

As some posters have stated, Coach needs to work over the officials more. I don't know what goes on during the game because you can't hear anything watching the game. Tomorrow, I would send the tape of this game and the second half of the second tech game  the head of Big12 officials. The kids are playing their hearts out and deserve a better shake from the refs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

You can't justify this. I understand if one team is being aggressive, driving to the hoop and attacking the offensive boards and the other team is playing passive...there will be a discrepancy in fouls called. I get that but thats not the case here. We are in the other team's face and they're in ours. A difference of a couple fouls is one thing but not the past few games. Wasn't the first tech game something like 10-1 and then I think 15-3. Thats nonsense. The first half of the second tech was almost as bad.

As some posters have stated, Coach needs to work over the officials more. I don't know what goes on during the game because you can't hear anything watching the game. Tomorrow, I would send the tape of this game and the second half of the second tech game  the head of Big12 officials. The kids are playing their hearts out and deserve a better shake from the refs.

He did vs Tech when refs missed a blatant foul they called on Texas on the other side of the court. For his efforts he got T'ed up.

Edited by OnAComputer

Well, if getting a T is what it takes, I say go for the T early and often.  The discrepancy is so great, he should go for 2 Ts if one doesn’t do the trick.  Getting kicked out of a game is not the worst thing that could happen.  The players should know the coach is fighting for them every game, not just every so often.  

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Even in a lost season dropping the deuce on OU's senior night is a nice salve.

How in the fuck are we tied with Tech for 3rd place in the BDF?

Technically we're in 3rd place because we have a better BDF road record than they do LOL

And we play Ok State and they play KU. Odds say we finish 3rd 

To win a Big 12 road game, with 7 scholarship players for half the game,  is simply amazing.

Credit to shaka and the players. Cunningham must be covered in bruises today. What a great game he had, every loose ball & rebound, he was there. 

Yes, I know we will bomb from here on, hopefully we can beat Okie State. I will let others worry about Shaka’s future. I will take the 5-game winning streak. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

To win a Big 12 road game, with 7 scholarship players for half the game,  is simply amazing.

Credit to shaka and the players. Cunningham must be covered in bruises today. What a great game he had, every loose ball & rebound, he was there. 

Yes, I know we will bomb from here on, hopefully we can beat Okie State. I will let others worry about Shaka’s future. I will take the 5-game winning streak. 

Beating Thug Virginia, Tech and OU in Norman on senior night = ok with me. Best I’ve seen Shaka coach in his tenure.

• Like 1