Horns at blOU SUCKS!! ......Tonight 8pm ESPN2

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

Don’t ever call such a huge season turnaround when it looked like all was lost.  Hats off to Hamm and Cunningham for being the catalysts.  

Uh a little credit to the backboard. Wouldn’t be here without it last night! 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Uh a little credit to the backboard. Wouldn’t be here without it last night! 

Wouldn’t surprise me that Hamm and Cunningham have set a new standard that some of the injured players need to do once they have healed and Texas becomes a much better overall team going forward. 

10 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

There is something to be said about coaches that dont work the refs, ever

we see the same thing in football with herman

Yep.    Last night Smart should have gone bat shit crazy more than once with the refs.  Would it have worked?   Probably not.     It seemed like the ESPN commentators were waiting for Smart to snap because they could even see the slant in the obvious stat which was our lack of attempts at the free throw line until way late into the second half.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.    Last night Smart should have gone bat shit crazy more than once with the refs.  Would it have worked?   Probably not.     It seemed like the ESPN commentators were waiting for Smart to snap because they could even see the slant in the obvious stat which was our lack of attempts at the free throw line until way late into the second quarter.

The commentators had 4 or 5 plays in which they seemed shocked that they went against us.  That's almost as much as you will ever hear from a commentator bash the refs in a game.  And who says that Shaka going nuts wouldn't have helped?  We were getting hosed against Tech until he got the tech, then things evened out.

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

lol why would he post that? "hey check out my sweet seats and this badass chant me and my cuz'ns r chanting. wur so in sync but not like the boy band. that's gay. Oh shit don't look at the end part there". That video would be deleted from my phone immediately if the roles were reversed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

lol why would he post that? "hey check out my sweet seats and this badass chant me and my cuz'ns r chanting. wur so in sync but not like the boy band. that's gay. Oh shit don't look at the end part there". That video would be deleted from my phone immediately if the roles were reversed. 

I'm glad he did. That's one of the greatest videos I've ever seen. 

• Like 2

My wife was a bit concerned when my typical outburst at the television went on for several minutes, along the lines of "fuck yes, fuck you gooners, fuck ou, ou sucks, fucking trailer dwelling meth heads..."  There are things in life better than beating ou, but most of them don't happen in your living room, while fully clothed, on a Tuesday.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, juan pantages said:

this turnaround has zero to do with shaka

and every bit of luck forcing shaka to use high energy unselfish players

I would like to believe this, but Texas’ great defense was present all night, and held the goons in the low 50’s. We knew when shaka arrived, Defense was his forte. 

Imo, still not as good as Barnes’ defenses, but not bad, either. What Texas did in lubbutt previous was also partly coaching, partly players execution of same... in-your-face, mind-numbing, talk-to-yourself inducing, defense. I will give shaka credit for that much. 

32 minutes ago, Mossyhorn said:

I would like to believe this, but Texas’ great defense was present all night, and held the goons in the low 50’s. We knew when shaka arrived, Defense was his forte.  Imo, still not as good as Barnes’ defenses, but not bad, either. What Texas did in lubbutt previous was also partly coaching, partly players execution of same... in-your-face, mind-numbing, talk-to-yourself inducing, defense. I will give shaka credit for that much. 

Hi... I coach defense for Texas!!!
Luke Yaklich mug mbb

LUKE YAKLICH

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

3 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Dude, I fucking cackled for like a minute straight after watching this.

Not a great team or season, but beating OU like that is absolutely a great moment.

Just got in from a short day of work and watched the clip again. Another solid minute of maniacal laughter ensued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, txhorns said:

This isn't the first year we have had a decent defense under Shaka.

The only year where we had a less than elite defense was last year, which coincidentally was his best year offensively.  The fact that he's consistently had great defenses without the ability to rebound at even a mediocre level is actually kinda remarkable.  

12 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

If we win Saturday and Tech loses, are we the 3 seed?

I have been on both sides of this shot. This side is a lot more fun.😁

Yep! 

If Tech beats Kansas and we win, Tech is the #3 based on a 1-3 record against Baylor and Kansas. 

So yeah, KU, do your thing.  Thanks a heap, in advance. 

8 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.    Last night Smart should have gone bat shit crazy more than once with the refs.  Would it have worked?   Probably not.     It seemed like the ESPN commentators were waiting for Smart to snap because they could even see the slant in the obvious stat which was our lack of attempts at the free throw line until way late into the second half.

I think Smart is mindful of paying his dues, which is why I have so much respect for him. Y'all seem quick to pull the plug on him, but keep in mind that EVERY team in the NCAA has a very high opinion of Smart. I wish we could have a fanbase that was classy and could occasionally just be really proud of having a great group of young men that do not cause a lot of drama.

Edited by OrangeSlices
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, OrangeSlices said:

I disagree. We already should have won it going away with proper officiating. This team is better without Sims and is better with Febres on the bench. 

I partially agree and partially disagree. Contrary to what some posters think,  coaches are not stupid. Sometimes they make boneheaded moves like Pete Carroll and Saban but overall they're not stupid. Febres got playing time because he would shoot the ball and there were games when he was horrible and other games where he was great. The defense always had to account for him when he was on the court which would open up opportunities for other kids.. Also, some of the kids just wouldn't shoot the ball and would pass instead so there were games where he was one of the few options. Now the kids are playing with no fear and its a new game.. When he gets back,  hopefully he will be able to fit in the way the kids are playing now.

We are better with Sims. 

23 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Don’t ever call such a huge season turnaround when it looked like all was lost.  Hats off to Hamm and Cunningham for being the catalysts.  

17 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

#BrockTalk not going away. 

Got to love the Pork Duo 

The Cunning Hams

Hermanos de jamón!

Royce Hamm Jr's alley-oops block was one of the coolest things that I've ever seen.

I think that the two Hams weren't playing earlier in the year because Shaka doesn't dig on swine. Fortunately he's had to take a second pass by the buffet porcina.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OrangeSlices said:

I think Smart is mindful of paying his dues, which is why I have so much respect for him. Y'all seem quick to pull the plug on him, but keep in mind that EVERY team in the NCAA has a very high opinion of Smart. I wish we could have a fanbase that was classy and could occasionally just be really proud of having a great group of young men that do not cause a lot of drama.

Sure you play to win. But building a program takes time. Reactionary Shaggy is the worst. What we did to Mack Brown was criminal and we're still paying for it on a karma level, same with Barnes. We'll see what Shaka does the next couple of years. That's a bigger sample size. Look at Butler's tenure at Baylor. It took TIME to build that program. If y'all were Tech fans, you'd already be asking for Beard's resignation, and even he took some time to turn around the program. 

I like Shaka. I like the culture he has created at UT. I'm willing to give him a long leash. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

3 hours ago, OrangeSlices said:

Sure you play to win. But building a program takes time. Reactionary Shaggy is the worst. What we did to Mack Brown was criminal and we're still paying for it on a karma level, same with Barnes. We'll see what Shaka does the next couple of years. That's a bigger sample size. Look at Butler's tenure at Baylor. It took TIME to build that program. If y'all were Tech fans, you'd already be asking for Beard's resignation, and even he took some time to turn around the program. 

I like Shaka. I like the culture he has created at UT. I'm willing to give him a long leash. 

obvious sock is obvious. 

21 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Anybody in media ask Shaka about his actions in the tech game vs. the refs. Vs his in action in the OU game?  29 to 2.  Never heard of it before.  Will probably never hear of it again.

And the 2 were on a technicality, wasn’t a shooting foul or bonus, and was as far from the basket as possible.  

On 3/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, CheesePie said:

Not to mention he's clearly a fucking dumbass for holding his cell phone vertically to record a video.

How many tall screen TVs have you seen in someone's house??  Ahh never-mind he's a fucking Sooner it's clear solid judgement and intelligence are not strong suits.