MTV's The Challenge- Season 35

Goo Punch

Yeah, no doubt that was a physically grueling final, but it wasn’t the greatest TV. Just a whole lot of walking in snow. 

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m surprised they don’t get Rob Dyrdek to host. He doesn’t get enough MTV screen time. 

More than Big... 

• Like 1

Weaaaaakkkk Final as far as creativity.

Im sure it was hard as hell in that environment. I would have been fucked...hate cold. The elimination was a good twist but kinda lame.

It was basically a cross country hike up a mountain. Also I was shocked not one of them knew how to ski.

I was pretty disappointed to see it was only 2 rounds and didnt even carry over to another episode. “That’s it?” I said to TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Lmao stfu Kyle.

I can’t stand his little interviews either. So dramatic and whiny.

Lol when fessy was trying to ignore him i almost fell out laughing. Like, I’m just trying to make it through the night, man. Stfu 

• Like 1

Another weak final hyped as the hardest yet, again

What’s the point of giving them skis if they all take them off and carry them?

Congrats to Bananas

First thing I thought was “welp, Cory is going to be penalized for taking his skis off”. Then everyone started doing it. Im assuming we dont hear a lot of the chatter from the producers/directors around. They must have got the OK to remove them which is dumb. Guess they realized that none of them knew how the hell to ski and all might get hurt.

I had no problem with the 1st half of the final, the surprise elimination round, or the penalty that Kyle and Fessy had to do. 

The second part of the final was LAME AS SHIT. Solve an easy math problem and walk up a little hill with snow shoes on? Are you fucking kidding me? That's the second half they came up with? 

They couldn't throw in an eating check point or a puzzle check point or anything else? 

Good season and happy for Bananas but holy hell the 2nd part of the finale was awful and basically a throw away.  

9 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I had no idea Kaycee isn't able to do basic math.  She could have easily won this thing if she could

No, no she couldn't. Jenny beat EVERYONE. Kaycee was impressive this season, but nobody was beating Jenny. Seems all the more ridiculous that she was handed Jen as her elimination opponent.

Fessy played out exactly as I expected. Lots of muscle just doesn't translate to long, endurance based finals. While six hours in the cold didn't help, he fell apart late in day one before that happened. 

Kyle getting second among the guys for the season feels like NC State in 1983. Run the season 20 more times he doesn't get close.

Let's all take a minute to imagine what Josh would have looked like in the final. I think he is behind pregnant Melissa at the end of day one. 

4 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

Let's all take a minute to imagine what Josh would have looked like in the final. I think he is behind pregnant Melissa at the end of day one. 

I would have laughed my ass off watching that. 

By the way did anybody hear Bayleigh might have hurt her knee, I wish they would have talked about that more.............

1 minute ago, HoffaJimmy said:

By the way did anybody hear Bayleigh might have hurt her knee, I wish they would have talked about that more.............

Either quit or STFU. Quit whining about it. Cory was right, as soon as she found out about staying outside she bailed. If she had been sent into elimination I think she would have bailed before competing.

Hopefully we've seen the last of them.

Exactly. There were other girls that should have been there that could have really competed. All worked out for Jenny and Kacee, somehow getting weak Melissa and Bay to be in the final.

But man that final was so lame.

4 hours ago, CAHorn said:

No, no she couldn't. Jenny beat EVERYONE. Kaycee was impressive this season, but nobody was beating Jenny. 

Wonder how things would have ended if they were only paying one person? Bananas knew he was fine at his pace, but could he have caught Jenny if the $ depended on it? 

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Exactly. There were other girls that should have been there that could have really competed. All worked out for Jenny and Kacee, somehow getting weak Melissa and Bay to be in the final.

But man that final was so lame.

What other girls could have been competitive? Kacee wasn’t and she was clearly 2nd best to Jenny. 

Edited by TonyTexas

What other girls could have been competitive? Kacee wasn’t and she was clearly 2nd best to Jenny. 

Kaycee fell behind bc of math. Not saying she could have beat Jenny had they both finished math at the same time. But Kaycee was up there. The two best in finals won in the end.

Tori, Nany are the most athletic of the others and def would not have quit. Overall the girls were a weak group compared to some other seasons.

The final was only a test of cold endurance. This whole challenge is luck of the draw for the elimination type you go into. Most the physical ones were mismatches. Had Jordan got a different game he would be here, etc.

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

Wonder how things would have ended if they were only paying one person? Bananas knew he was fine at his pace, but could he have caught Jenny if the $ depended on it? 

I wondered about that as well. Bananas is not Nelson and knows what he needs to do. So I think he just kept looking behind at Cory/Kyle and didn't care at all that Jenny was going to beat him. 

Speaking of which, have you heard that Bananas was more than friendly with Jenny according to so of the other contestants? Considering how locked down he was during the Gretchen years I find it hard to believe he's messing around on Morgan. More likely the Cara and Paulie's of the  world are just trying to take shots at him. I had a lot of Bananas hating years, but he's grown up and become a more humble decent person.

I’ve seen some mentions on Twitter, but I think it referenced last season. Not sure when Johnny & Morgan became ‘official’ because he was traveling a lot for 1st Look too. 

Edited by ss13

On 7/16/2020 at 9:47 AM, Go Pokes said:

I had no idea Kaycee isn't able to do basic math.  She could have easily won this thing if she could

I knew she was doomed when she said “oh the code is 4 numbers” very surprised 

Never knew this about Jordan’s RW season. 

The big shocks when it comes to absences are Bear, Jordan, and Mattie. Since Dee was let go last week, there has been an outcry on Twitter for MTV to cut ties with Jordan as well, for his past racist behavior towards Nia Moore. In his Real World season from 2012, Jordan made monkey noises toward Nia, his black female co-star, during a heated fight. He also spit in her face and used the N-word. At the time of this publishing, MTV has not announced a statement regarding Jordan’s past antics. He and Nia are friendly today after working things out and recently did an Instagram live together. His absence from the reunion has some fans wondering if MTV has really axed him and just hasn’t made an official announcement yet.

Mattie had some former tweets resurface as well where she used the N-word several times. While some of her tweets were quotes from song lyrics, including one from “She Will” by Lil Wayne, others did not appear to be. As with Jordan, there has been no announcement regarding her future with the network.

And it is Vernon Davis hosting the reunion. 

On 7/19/2020 at 8:02 PM, ss13 said:

Never knew this about Jordan’s RW season. 

And it is Vernon Davis hosting the reunion. 

I'll say it again for those who didn't watch the RW Portland. Nia flat out assaults Averey with a hair dryer hitting her repeatedly in the head. Averey and Johnny Reilly moved into a hotel for the rest of the season because they didn't feel safe in the RW house and production wouldn't do anything to Nia. Anyone focusing on Jordan's behaviour in Portland either hasn't seen the season, is a racist, or is an idiot. While I understand anyone who thinks Jordan's a dick, this is some cherry-picked narrative BS.

36 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

I'll say it again for those who didn't watch the RW Portland. Nia flat out assaults Averey with a hair dryer hitting her repeatedly in the head. Averey and Johnny Reilly moved into a hotel for the rest of the season because they didn't feel safe in the RW house and production wouldn't do anything to Nia. Anyone focusing on Jordan's behaviour in Portland either hasn't seen the season, is a racist, or is an idiot. While I understand anyone who thinks Jordan's a dick, this is some cherry-picked narrative BS.

That can all be true and still doesn’t excuse his behavior.

Jordan’s behavior is being “focused on” because he’s the one still affiliated with MTV. The last time Nia was on was over five years ago when she was being sent home early from The Challenge for hitting Jordan.

6 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

They all suck, but I liked this one because it was different.

Also Jenny looked way hotter with all that shit out of her lips

No kidding on Jenny.  I wonder if someone close to her had a little talk with her.  She actually looked pretty damn good last night.