MTV's The Challenge- Season 35

Goo Punch

12 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Great ep.

Bananas really like Kyle or just wants an easy guy in the final...? Likely the latter. Another weak one sneaks in.

They realllllllllly milked the Cory has a kid and one on the way. Jeezus. Guess bc he has that MTV reality show coming soon. Good job, Nelson. But you are still kinda dumb.

I honestly asked myself “Did Dee get kicked off or leave the show?” until I finally heard TJ say her name in the car.

Atta girl, Jenny. Still would rather have seen Bayleigh go home. She is the weakest of the girls. I can already see her giving up in the final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bananas and Kyle are pretty good friends off the show.  I don't think he just wants an easy guy in the final but it does work out in his favor that his best friend left in the game kind of sucks at it. 

You prefer Dee over Bayleigh?  Just for the editing distraction alone I'm glad the Dee era has ended.  I think B may surprise us in the final.   Probably not though.  

• Like 1

So what is the deal with the producers and Dee? There was a reason she was edited out so much?

I don’t like Dee over Bay. But I’m anti the obnoxious off screen Swaggy/Bay combo. She skated in also. Several other females that should be in the final instead.

Rogan isn’t that unlikeable. But he was lucky to have both his purgatory challenges to be physical against someone smaller. (Jay last time).

Nelson did put up a hell of a fight. I feel like that hall should be a lil bit wider for dudes. I would probably get claustrophobic.

Final is always interesting since they mix up when you are solo and teamed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

None of these girls are beating Jenny in the final. I’ll go with Bananas on the men’s side. He might be old but he is hella crafty. 

I think Kaycee can beat her.  Strength probably won't be a big part of the final.  It's all about stamina so she should have a shot.  Melissa and Bayleigh have close to zero chance.  

I watched it last season but I still have to ask...How the hell did Jenny lose in Hall Brawl to Tori? How was that possible?

There's been some big upsets in eliminations (Jordon over Josh in rope pull, Jordon over Zach is PileDriver, Shane over Tony in push the tuk-tuk) but those were all smarter players taking on idiots. Was Tori/Jordan that much smarter than Jenny in Brawl Hall?

I feel like Bananas kept his word to Kaycee so he can use Fessy and Kaycee in later seasons as allies. As Wes has pointed out Bananas hasn't done a very good job making partners out of recent players, maybe he's trying to fix that.

7 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

I feel like Bananas kept his word to Kaycee so he can use Fessy and Kaycee in later seasons as allies. As Wes has pointed out Bananas hasn't done a very good job making partners out of recent players, maybe he's trying to fix that.

Maybe?  I feel almost certain Bananas is making a concerted effort to change his game play and his image.  He's getting older and the way he used to play the game doesn't work anymore.  He can't just strongarm people into doing what he wants because he rarely has the numbers on his side.  Hell, the fact that he rarely has the numbers on his side makes it essential that he does change it up.   Ever since he screwed Sara over, he's been a marked man with a huge target on his back.  And he was such an asshole that nobody was going to jeopardize their game to save him and not many fans were going to give a shit if he got screwed.  He was fast becoming an irrelevant dinosaur.  So he had to change everything about how he plays.  And he's done a masterful job of it.  Teaming up with Wes was brilliant for both of them.  Just for the image makeover more than the game play reasons.  Instead of stirring up shit just for the fun of it, he now picks his spots and there's a little more strategy to the shit stirring he does.  Last night with Melissa he was the one actually calmly explaining it to her after Kyle ripped her a new one.  I said to my wife last night "how weird is it to be rooting for Bananas?"  

If this was a real sport that ESPN covered, the Bananas late career shift and image change would be 30 for 30 material.   I've come to the conclusion that this guy knows how to make good television.  

Currently airing its 35th season, the coronavirus pandemic and the lack of live sports has allowed “The Challenge” to draw in new viewers to its consistently loyal fanbase. This season is on pace to be the highest rated in eight years, MTV said.

Full article

49 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Maybe?  I feel almost certain Bananas is making a concerted effort to change his game play and his image.  He's getting older and the way he used to play the game doesn't work anymore.  He can't just strongarm people into doing what he wants because he rarely has the numbers on his side.  Hell, the fact that he rarely has the numbers on his side makes it essential that he does change it up.   Ever since he screwed Sara over, he's been a marked man with a huge target on his back.  And he was such an asshole that nobody was going to jeopardize their game to save him and not many fans were going to give a shit if he got screwed.  He was fast becoming an irrelevant dinosaur.  So he had to change everything about how he plays.  And he's done a masterful job of it.  Teaming up with Wes was brilliant for both of them.  Just for the image makeover more than the game play reasons.  Instead of stirring up shit just for the fun of it, he now picks his spots and there's a little more strategy to the shit stirring he does.  Last night with Melissa he was the one actually calmly explaining it to her after Kyle ripped her a new one.  I said to my wife last night "how weird is it to be rooting for Bananas?"  

If this was a real sport that ESPN covered, the Bananas late career shift and image change would be 30 for 30 material.   I've come to the conclusion that this guy knows how to make good television.  

His transformation from chubby party guy riding other’s coattails in his ear.y season to his stretch of dominance is pretty amazing too. 

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

yet the only air they fucking show on MTV   ONCE per week and the on demand options are always a full week behind, meaning if you missed an episode for whatever reason, you literally cant ever catch back up with the same timeline unless you watch all the future episodes on demand a week later

its fucking stupid.  

Edited by AUS-97HORN

I feel like there's no way Bananas should win this season.

But then I realize Cory gets winded after 100 meters, Kyle is Kyle and that only leaves Fessy.

I then remember two of Bananas wins came when in seasons where CT and Zach both it won and their bodies completely gave out on them toward the very end. Both times Bananas was well back and saddled with an inferior partner (Nany vs Laurel) but didn't give up and benefited from better athletes wearing themselves out. 

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yet the only air they fucking show on MTV   ONCE per week and the on demand options are always a full week behind, meaning if you missed an episode for whatever reason, you literally cant ever catch back up with the same timeline unless you watch all the future episodes on demand a week later

its fucking stupid.  

I loved how they had ad during last night's Challenge episode touting a Ridiculousness Marathon this weekend. WTF have they been doing for the past 3-5 years other than that?

41 minutes ago, ss13 said:

And Rogan. 

Yeah, but Rogan still has that epic flameout 5 minutes into his debut. He's grown on me, but until he does something impressive that involves endurance I have my doubts. I don't expect Bananas to win, but I could see it happening if it takes hours of trekking through the snow. He's down that, he won't give up. That being said, Cory's the only one I'm pretty confident he'll beat.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Who's your carrier? DTV's On Demand has last night's episode up. 

Sounds like some think the final is having 1 male and 1 female winner. I wonder if they mix it up. Lately the formats have been a group wins with a mix of boy/girl, but that was US vs UK format.....

Was it last season where Zach got stuck with weak people carrying those artifacts? Lol

Hard to root for Bananas. I mean cmon he goes by Bananas a lil too permanent now. I still remember how big a douche he has been to people. He is that 40 yr old that never misses a kegger at his alma matter.

hang on bayleigh and swaggy were married BEFORE this season started?  i thought it was after the filming. 

but it didnt really count because it was a small ceremony, but once Bayleigh wins this challenge and she spends half her winnings on the wedding will it prove shes married for real?

Edited by AUS-97HORN

This will be probably be Melissa’s last season since it’s pretty clear she ain’t got much help with the kid. 

Doubt ol’ Swaggy appreciates his girl’s comment about not being able to afford a wedding. 

• Like 1

so Melissa is just happy to be here, and Bayleigh thinks she pulled something important in her knee. 

pretty much means the womens final is just 2 contestants. 

Rogan is sucking balls.  Kyle sucking doesnt surprise me.    but I still think Rogan could win an elimination if he gets tossed into one.    Kyle and Bananas are the 2 most vulnerable guys in the elimination. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think that all but solidifies it

not so fast.  we now know she was 4 months preggo during this.   the SJWs would give MTV all kinds of shit if TJ  says Melissa cant compete anymore because she was unknowingly preggo competing in a really physical final. and had to quit at the end.

but its probably gonna be a few seasons before she comes back