MTV's The Challenge- Season 35

Goo Punch

30 minutes ago, ss13 said:

^ You liked Goo’s post responding to the news last night. 

Here’s Wes’ long post about where Dee is now. Funny thing about his Twitter is he only follows one person. 

lmao @ Wes. dude cannot help but fellate himself every single time he speaks, even when he's ostensibly addressing some rather serious issues. Wes has above average intelligence, nothing more. he's a master/expert of nothing. but, because he's spent his entire adult life surrounded by some of the planet's dumbest, most moronic people he thinks he's Elon Musk + Neil DeGrasse Tyson + Jeff Bezos + Ken Jennings all rolled into one. i'm not sure I can name a person with more hubris. 

36 minutes ago, ss13 said:

^ You liked Goo’s post responding to the news last night. 

Yes I did.  Why are you telling me that?  I feel like maybe you thought me saying Goo's dreams coming true was said with condescension (or would it be sarcasm?), like I was not in favor of it.  If that's correct, then I want it on record:  Fuck Dee.  Goo swayed me.  She's awful.  I don't believe she reached the level of shittiness that Cara, Camila, or Laurel attained. I do believe, had her career not been tragically cut short, she had all the tools to be one of the all time greats.  At shittiness.  She was just hitting her stride.   

12 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Just not sure why you posted what was already known.

Duh.  Cuz I'm a dumbass.  Actually, I completely forgot that it had already happened.  I thought it was still in the "she's in trouble but not fired" phase.  I saw a tweet that I thought was new and thought that was the first official word of it.  And to further add to my dumbassness, I don't think I even noticed the end of your sentence "responding to the news last night", until I just now reread your post.  That would have been another hint for me.  I think I might be kind of bored and not paying that much attention to what I'm reading on social media.  

• Like 1

So Wes is now asking for time to grieve??

wtf am I missing here people?   I know she was staying at his house as a part of some podcast shit, but what in the holy hell is he needing to grieve about?

shes not dead, she's a fucking moron, but shes not dead.    so why the fuck is he grieving because he had to cover his own ass and fire her/ kick her out lest he be tainted with the stupidity?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, ss13 said:

Ha, life’s a bitch, honey. 

Here’s her tweet if anyone hasn’t seen it. 

Hide contents

EZ7-ZWi8-XYAIUl-QZ-format-jpg-name-large

So I feel really stupid for asking this here and not in the stupid question thread. But I don’t get it. Can someone eli5 that tweet?

sucks that Dee couldnt have just been knocked out this episode but the disclaimer by MTV (which they already said in their tweet 2 days ago) leads me to believe Dee goes all the way to the final for sure. 

and as usual when a player acts cocky in the confessionals and MTV aires them talking about winning, they usually end up losing.... hello Mattie

usually the final is 4 players.  right now its 4 guys/4girls with the skull.   wouldnt be surprised if they do another double guy elimination and double girl elimination in the next 2 eps, and depending on who wins, announce its over.   no skull, go home. 

This isn’t any kind of important spoiler, it’s simply the first line from next week’s info. 

A furious challenger seeks revenge after utter betrayal

We shall see if it sticks. 

Edited by ss13

8 hours ago, ss13 said:

This isn’t any kind of important spoiler, it’s simply the first line from next week’s info. 

Hide contents

A furious challenger seeks revenge after utter betrayal

We shall see if it sticks. 

When you look at the challenge Reddit, it’s kind of surprising they even aired this episode without showing any of Dee. Seems like she was pretty heavily featured in this episode from start to finish.

So I feel really stupid for asking this here and not in the stupid question thread. But I don’t get it. Can someone eli5 that tweet?

I took it as she lost virginity to a black dude. But what the fuck do I know these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

I took it as she lost virginity to a black dude. But what the fuck do I know these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t think it was that bad either, but I think there might be more to the story than just that tweet. Maybe something she said after someone called her out about that tweet. I’m talking out of my ass right now, I don’t know. But even in our current climate I don’t see how that gets you a perma ban, and 30 mins of editing an episode where you are heavily featured. That would’ve made more sense if she got eliminated in this episode, but you would think she’s going to be one of the main characters for the rest of the show. I don’t know. Just doesn’t make any sense to me. That’s cancel culture at its purest form if that is literally all she said. That could’ve been resolved with a “hey, don’t fucking do that again. Especially not right now. And here’s why...”, and an apology. But that’s why i feel like there might be more to the story. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Wow.  I have to give Bayleigh a little credit for not murdering Dee before the challenge even ended.  I'm sure they edited out her tirade, but still.  The way Dee was smiling and cackling while she's screwing Bayleigh out of any chance of winning.  I'm guessing Bayleigh does not feel too bad about Dee's life being destroyed this week.  

7 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Bayleigh’s basically the one that brought up the “people die every day” tweet. 

If the other challengers haven't figured it out by now, fucking with Bayleigh is just not worth the price you're going to have to pay.  Better leave Swaggy alone too.  

The episode gains so much with the edited footage.

Certainly makes more sense to me now why Bayleigh destroyed Dee's life. It's not the first time things have bled outside a season (various cheating ending outside relationships), but it feels like the most dramatic. I bet MTV wished to elimination went a different way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CAHorn said:

Wes and Johanna, Tori and Jordan as engaged, but I can't remember any others married.

Wes and Johanna never married nor got engaged. They did buy a house together. Zach and Jenna are engaged. 

Edited by TonyTexas

The first google hit under her name says they were engaged. 

After meeting during The Real World: Austin, the duo entered Fresh Meat as a couple. After dating for two years, they called off their engagement before The Island, where she hooked up with Kenny Santucci. All three competed on The Ruins, along with Wes' new girlfriend KellyAnne Judd (they eventually split). Awkward! 

8 minutes ago, ss13 said:

The first google hit under her name says they were engaged. 

You might be right. Who knows. The 2nd hit was this

JOHANNA AND WES

They were the "it" couple of Real World: Austin, but their relationship was plagued with so much drama (with both Johanna and Wes sleeping with other people to make the other jealous), it was a miracle they even lasted as long as they did. During the reunion, the couple even talked engagement! However, the couple broke up soon afterwards. Now Johanna is a happily married mom of one son, and Wes is engaged to his girlfriend, Amanda Hornick.

32 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m going to file “actually kinda liking swaggy and bayleigh” as one of the more shocking developments of this season lol. Based on how y’all talked about them from BB I already had my mind made up. 

yeah they've done a pretty good job of mostly laying low, particularly Bayleigh. Swaggy is almost like a tall, black Bear- when you are introduced to him it's like, "boy do i hate everything about you",  it the more you see the person behind the persona you time down the hatred and sort of crank up the amusement. Bayleigh otoh is legit nutso amd has done a pretty decent job of keeping it subdued. credit where credit is due. 

edit: what's funny is that Bayleigh has actually been one of the 2-3 most dramatic girls on the show, but it's still been surprisingly low key for her own standards, lol. 

2 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Wasn't Mattie pretty impressive the other time she was on? Didn't seem to stand out physically a single time this season

Yeah, I have the exact same impression. She was considered the "Jenny" of her rookie season, and carried Kyle through most of that season as her partner. This time around, there just wasn't much to be impressed by even though she seems to be in better shape now.

explain to me why we want to feel bad for Bayleigh now?  

I dont like Dee (never have), but her actions in the flag challenge werent "wrong",  Dee decided to tank the challenge, and eliminate Bayleigh having any chance to win that challenge and get an easy Red Skull as well.

this is the challenge,  I realize this was a bizarre individual elimination episode, But 10's of times during the challenge history people have purposely tanked team challenges to make sure specific folks didnt get the immunity.

and now with the red skull being a requirement, once you have a red skull yourself, I see no issue with helping make sure someone else doesnt get one easily.   

Dee is a cunt, but shes not the first, nor will she be the last cunt ( male or female) who comes on the challenge and pisses everyone else off. 

I dont like any of the big brother people that have been added to the challenge casts. josh is a pussy, swaggy and bayleigh spend too much fucking time whining about not getting a red skull, Kayleigh was another whiner,  Paulie has little man syndrome, along with being way too full of himself,  the only one I dont mind is Natalie, but thats because shes kinda hot and now likes to eat the poontang

Edited by AUS-97HORN