MTV's The Challenge- Season 35

Goo Punch

serious lol at Swaggy and Bayleigh bragging to each other about  playing a perfect game and not having been "interrogated" or even put into an elimination.... when you HAVE to be in one to have a chance to win the money.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

Fessie is ridiculous. Curious to see what he looks like in a final endurance wise, because he might be the best athlete they’ve ever had on this show. 

and will someone tell Anessa that low man wins in this shit. Standing straight up to pull a heavy ass sled is a bold strategy lol

Just now, ss13 said:

It is truly impressive how much they made Dee disappear. 

Not really sure who I want to win here, don’t really care about either. 

no shit, shes part of the tribunal and you only saw her celebrating for .25 seconds, and i think she nodded her agreement to picking the 3 guys, but they basically ignored the shit out of her.

and I guess i want Cory to win.  dont like the big brother folks. 

6 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

no shit, shes part of the tribunal and you only saw her celebrating for .25 seconds, and i think she nodded her agreement to picking the 3 guys, but they basically ignored the shit out of her. 

She clearly got into it with Josh there because Fessy turned to her at the very end & said she handled that as well as possible, but we’ll never see it now. Which is perfectly fine. 

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fessie is ridiculous. Curious to see what he looks like in a final endurance wise, because he might be the best athlete they’ve ever had on 

I think you can probably say the same things on the female side about Jenny. She kicked Kyle’s ass in the sled pull. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I think you can probably say the same things on the female side about Jenny. She kicked Kyle’s ass in the sled pull. 

I would say that, but for some reason every time I think of Jenny I think of Tori just dominating her in the hall brawl elimination last season. I thought it was a pretty shocking outcome at the time. I still think she’s been the best female competitor from day one on this challenge, but wtf happened in that hall brawl. It’s the perfect competition for her.

Also, I still think Emily or Laurel are the best female competitors, but Jenny is up there just from pure raw athleticism.

14 hours ago, ss13 said:

It is truly impressive how much they made Dee disappear. 

Not really sure who I want to win here, don’t really care about either. 

It's so thorough that it's almost distracting.  I spend the entire episode trying to find her like she's Waldo. 

I've always kind of liked Corey, but he's really becoming more and more likable.  I wish he'd have a talk with Nelson. 

Melissa's meltdown seemed to come out of almost nowhere.  She had some shit boiling up and it just exploded during the vote.  If it hadn't been directed at Josh, I might even say it was uncalled for and over the line with the personal attack.  But it's Josh, so I'll allow it. 

I think Swaggy and Bayleigh did play their game perfectly.  Swaggy looked scared before the purgatory.  He sure didn't looked fired up to go in there and prove himself like he should have.  If I'm correct, I think their strategy was to last as long as they could, try to make a few bonds (could have done better at this), and try to develop some kind of Challenge persona that will get them invited back.  I think they accomplished that, but we'll see.  If you were familiar with them coming in, they did about as good a job of changing their image as they could.  Granted, that doesn't mean I like them, but I might not be opposed to them coming back.  And after watching them on BB, that was the absolute ceiling for them.  

If Nany can convince Kaycee to hook up with her, she will officially be the hook up queen of the Challenge.  

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

It's so thorough that it's almost distracting.  I spend the entire episode trying to find her like she's Waldo. 

I've always kind of liked Corey, but he's really becoming more and more likable.  I wish he'd have a talk with Nelson. 

Melissa's meltdown seemed to come out of almost nowhere.  She had some shit boiling up and it just exploded during the vote.  If it hadn't been directed at Josh, I might even say it was uncalled for and over the line with the personal attack.  But it's Josh, so I'll allow it. 

I think Swaggy and Bayleigh did play their game perfectly.  Swaggy looked scared before the purgatory.  He sure didn't looked fired up to go in there and prove himself like he should have.  If I'm correct, I think their strategy was to last as long as they could, try to make a few bonds (could have done better at this), and try to develop some kind of Challenge persona that will get them invited back.  I think they accomplished that, but we'll see.  If you were familiar with them coming in, they did about as good a job of changing their image as they could.  Granted, that doesn't mean I like them, but I might not be opposed to them coming back.  And after watching them on BB, that was the absolute ceiling for them.  

If Nany can convince Kaycee to hook up with her, she will officially be the hook up queen of the Challenge.  

Cory has always been one of my favorite dudes on this show....he just isn’t any good lol

58 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I knew she would do that and I think it’s a valid reason. Bayleigh is going to exhaust what little goodwill she has built up with me if she goes after Kaycee.

She's lucky Kaycee is calm and rational because she would absolutely destroy her if shit went down

14 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

This podcast with Bananas is actually pretty good.  Lots of stuff about Wes and him.  It sounds like I was wrong about the two of them deciding it would be epic to go against either other in purgatory.  Wes' ego was a bigger factor than production setting it up.  

https://www.spreaker.com/user/challengemania/cm-182-jb

I’ve tried to listen to that podcast in the past. . That have good guestS but the hosts, particularly Derick, are a beating. Not a very professional production. 

Wes talked about it in that tweet I posted a few weeks ago about Kailah making $300K/year on OF. Basically all of Devin’s followers are male, sounds like he shows just about everything but doesn’t actually do anything with other dudes. 

44 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’ve tried to listen to that podcast in the past. . That have good guestS but the hosts, particularly Derick, are a beating. Not a very professional production. 

Derrick is a beating.  Fortunately, on this one, Bananas carries the podcast and does most of the talking.  What little Derrick contributed was his normal gibberish.  I'm listening to him talk right now after Bananas signed off and boy, he is a beating.  

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

Wes talked about it in that tweet I posted a few weeks ago about Kailah making $300K/year on OF. Basically all of Devin’s followers are male, sounds like he shows just about everything but doesn’t actually do anything with other dudes. 

I wonder if it’s just nudes or if she went all out for her OF acct...

Asking for a friend, of course. 

On 6/17/2020 at 7:41 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Fessie is ridiculous. Curious to see what he looks like in a final endurance wise, because he might be the best athlete they’ve ever had on this show. 

and will someone tell Anessa that low man wins in this shit. Standing straight up to pull a heavy ass sled is a bold strategy lol

Landon, Alton, and CT in their prime  >>> Fessy athletically. also, guys like Abram, Derrick, Darrell, Wes, Marlon, Leroy, etc in their prime are all in it above Fessy's level. Fessy is huge, but he's also not ripped up like all of those guys used to be. his endurance will definitely come into question if the final is actually grueling mike they used to be. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I'm a BB fan, which is why i have the opinions that I do. first, Fessy is mentally retarded; i doubt he could complete a five piece jigsaw puzzle. second, as i said, he's huge, but he's not in amazing shape like so many of the best were/are. I mean Alton in his prime could run up a cargo net faster than Fessy could run down a hill. third, if I hated the BB players i wouldn't always be talking so highly of Kaycee. It's just that Swaggy, Bayleigh, and Josh all legitimately suck as people and competitors, while people like Paulie and Jozea are impossible to take seriously. Kaycee otoh is a real beast, and i saw in a photo yesterday that she's actually the same size as Mattie, just in great shape. Also, everyone knows i'm a fan of Davonne. I don't hate BB, it's just that so many BB crossover contestants suck dicks for quarters. metaphorically speaking. 

1 minute ago, ss13 said:

I hope there’s another Leroy I’m not remembering. Because the one I know is about as worthless as Aneesa. 

he said "athletically speaking". Leroy is no good at swimming and isn't great at the challenge, but athletically he's at least Fessy's equal, and imo he's actually much more athletic overall, he's just not as big. 

Did the preview for next eps show some kinds of contest where contestants wrestled and had little red skulls hanging from their clothes??  

I bet they cut some loose fat soon.  Because I can't believe this challenge still has Anessa hanging around, but Tori is gone.  Yes, I am still bitter.  Luck of the draw and elimination type has screwed a few.

Team Fessy here I guess...nothing to hate about that guy.  Just not sure how his tall ass holds up on endurance and mentally in a Final. 

Nany and Jenny are the strongest chics, they deserve a Final.  Nany needs to get her a skull next week.

Best part was Melissa eating Josh for lunch.  Holy shit I have hated Josh since last season.  So glad others in the house are calling him out. "duuu-duh--duuu-duh" is all I hear when he opens his mouth.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Landon, Alton, and CT in their prime  >>> Fessy athletically. also, guys like Abram, Derrick, Darrell, Wes, Marlon, Leroy, etc in their prime are all in it above Fessy's level. Fessy is huge, but he's also not ripped up like all of those guys used to be. his endurance will definitely come into question if the final is actually grueling mike they used to be. 

Based on what we know about Fessy from BB, you would be correct.  But isn't he some kind of trainer or fitness guru?  I would hope he was smart enough to adjust his training to what he would be doing on the Challenge.  While you are 100% correct that he is mentally retarded, something about him seems different physically.   On BB, he almost seemed like one of the popcorn muscle guys we see on The Challenge sometimes.  Kaycee was probably the best athlete in the BB house and Tyler might have been 2nd.  He's been impressive as hell this season.  I think I would hold back on "Fessy isn't all that" posts until we see him run this final, lest you look a fool (that's my fancy language).  I think he's going to kick ass in the final, but he may go full Zach and start crying half way up the mountain.  

As usual, your BB insight is on the money.  Why do they keep giving us the worst people from BB.  I keep expecting Paul to show up one of these seasons.  Where's Tyler?  Angela?  Brett?  Working real jobs like adults is probably the answer.  I can't believe my top 3 favorite BB players they have brought in include Dayvonne and Fessy (my girl Kaycee is #1).  Could not stand either of them before they came on The Challenge.   

Oooh, I think I picked up a spoiler from Bananas  last night watching him on some cooking show.   I'm not sure if you would count it as a spoiler since I'm having to make some assumptions, but it is directly tied to who wins this season of The Challenge.    

Spoiler

So JB was on Worst Cooks in America Celebrity Edition.  He's actually been really good on it.  I think he's going for an image change now and it's working pretty well.  If you aren't a long time Challenge fan, I think he's coming off as really likable now.  So the host is giving him shit for not taking the first cooking challenge very seriously.  He was pretty damn funny while he was doing it, but he was fucking around a bit too much for one of the hosts.  The host tells him he needs to get serious and he said he would and then ended it with "I'm a 7 time Challenge champion guys.  Oops.  I mean 6 time champion" and the host kind of winks at him.  Since this show was almost certainly filmed after The Challenge, I think he let slip that he's going to win this season.  

i like Fessy, and I hope he does well and returns. i just think he needs to get in "final shape" before we start comparing him to the best all time athletes here. last time i saw him he had no definition or tone, he was just huge and in pretty decent shape. there's another level of fitness he can reach, and if he does reach it, he could be a monster on the show for years to come. 

10 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Based on what we know about Fessy from BB, you would be correct.  But isn't he some kind of trainer or fitness guru?  I would hope he was smart enough to adjust his training to what he would be doing on the Challenge.  While you are 100% correct that he is mentally retarded, something about him seems different physically.   On BB, he almost seemed like one of the popcorn muscle guys we see on The Challenge sometimes.  Kaycee was probably the best athlete in the BB house and Tyler might have been 2nd.  He's been impressive as hell this season.  I think I would hold back on "Fessy isn't all that" posts until we see him run this final, lest you look a fool (that's my fancy language).  I think he's going to kick ass in the final, but he may go full Zach and start crying half way up the mountain.  

As usual, your BB insight is on the money.  Why do they keep giving us the worst people from BB.  I keep expecting Paul to show up one of these seasons.  Where's Tyler?  Angela?  Brett?  Working real jobs like adults is probably the answer.  I can't believe my top 3 favorite BB players they have brought in include Dayvonne and Fessy (my girl Kaycee is #1).  Could not stand either of them before they came on The Challenge.   

Brett as a regular on this show would be amazing, and yeah, Tangela >>>>>> almost every BB player they've given us. 

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Brett as a regular on this show would be amazing, and yeah, Tangela >>>>>> almost every BB player they've given us. 

He would rock.  I can't believe the four they are thinking about bringing in are Rockstar, Matt, Raven and Frankie.  

Nah.  I'm just fucking with you.  That seemed too cruel a joke.  

Edited by Go Pokes

was Raven the one with an inverted spine and floating knee cap syndrome? the one who is in MENSA with a focus on dance?

also, isn't Matt the guy who did nothing but wear UT gear and eat cereal every day? jesus.

Edited by Goo Punch

I meant Kaycee in their too. But at this point Nany is a good teammate and not the griping kind (at least not from what I can remember) and gets shit done. She would be an asset in a final compared to some of the others.

Melissa’s wonderful boobs would give her shit, she isnt in finals shape. Bayeligh looks weak and could be a whiner in a final. Aneesa too big and old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess compared to the competition, she seems ok.  But we know she isn't.  She apparently did well in the team challenge, but I just don't think she'll make it through the final if it's really as tough as TJ says.  Alas, we will probably never find out because she's scared to death to go into an elimination.  Bayleigh was a college volleyball player I think.  I may have totally made that up, but I think she'd run circles around Nany.  Kaycee, Jenny, and she that shall not be shown or heard are way better than Nany.  But I like Nany more, so I hope I'm wrong and she kills it.  I just won't believe it's possible until I see her do it.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Pokes must have more hours in a week than the rest of us, his reality TV lineup is staggering. 

Most rookies get killed in the finals by the shitty eating challenge, we’ll see how Fessy does there. 

Dude, it's sick.  I watch waaaaaaaay too much reality TV.  I would be embarrassed if I listed them all.  I know, because I listed them all a few years ago and I was embarrassed.  I blame my wife.  

Edit:  I do want to say, I do NOT watch anything about real housewives or teen moms.  

Edited by Go Pokes