FA Cup 2020

Goo Punch

Just now, dbecks said:

After this shitshow of a season (and the worst league finish in a quarter-century)... yes, I will still very much enjoy it.

Hah. Fair enough. I mean you did the leg work getting here, wish it had've been a better contest but such is football.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

traveling all over god’s green earth for games. 

Europe?

And look yay for Liverpool you guys were fucking unbelievable prior to the Covid break and it's all  EXTREMELY deserved but since we are pissing in each other's Cheerios I find it HI-llarious that after all the years of Benny Hill mishaps and madcaps the Scousers finally do it.....and nobody is fucking there.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Europe?

And look yay for Liverpool you guys were fucking unbelievable prior to the Covid break and it's all  EXTREMELY deserved but since we are pissing in each other's Cheerios I find it HI-llarious that after all the years of Benny Hill mishaps and madcaps the Scousers finally do it.....and nobody is fucking there.  

Baku, Astana, eastern Turkey etc...

Europa is going to be a net negative $$$-wise from what I’ve read for Arsenal/spurs etc... not trying to take away from your win today. 14 FA Cups stands on its own.

Yeah it sucks for Liverpool based fans but winning it without fans doesn’t make a shit to any Liverpool fan on this message board. We were watching us win the title through our tv no matter what. 

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Baku, Astana, eastern Turkey etc...

Europa is going to be a net negative $$$-wise from what I’ve read for Arsenal/spurs etc... not trying to take away from your win today. 14 FA Cups stands on its own.

Yeah it sucks for Liverpool based fans but winning it without fans doesn’t make a shit to any Liverpool fan on this message board. We were watching us win the title through our tv no matter what. 

Well in trying to find a silver lining if it's a money losing proposition maybe that miserly fuck Kroenke will finally re-evaluate his life and shoot himself in the head.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Atrocious reffing 

jesus anthony taylor had a bad game. i'm an Arsenal supporter and imo Arsenal earned the win, but i would be disgusted if i were a Chelsea supporter right now. having two different (and rather important) hammies pop in one match is brutal enough, but got damn the officiating was bad. again, i think Arsenal deserved to win, and the truth is that the Chelsea players did spend the afternoon playing rather recklessly/overly-physically, to the point where it shouldn't be surprising that someone was sent off. still, the wrong guy was sent off. neither foul should have been a yellow (or even a foul on the first one). nobody wants to see that. shame that it happened in a cup final/London Derby.

also - and i wanted to get some Chelsea fans' opinions on this- but for me Pedro was the biggest threat for Chelsea after he came on. his pace on the ball, the direct nature in which he would attack our defense, plus Arsenal's horrible penchant for costly fouls and penalties (more than half of our goals allowed this season game from opponent set pieces, by far the highest % in the league) all had me worried every time he was on the ball. the two or three times he charged forward i had to hold my breath. it made me wonder why he wasn't a bigger part of the game plan to begin with (particularly against a team with defensive/set piece woes like Arsenal), but I know nothing about the Chelsea roster/minutes allocation, so i'm here asking y'all- didn't you feel like he was a threat to produce a goal when he was in? i know i did.

oh yeah, and as for Lampard's comments after the match? just perfect. he said everything hang i would want to hear my manager say on a day like that. of course he mentioned the several ways in which Chelsea were screwed, but had also placed all of the blame on his team and said that they weren't ready for a cup final and that they had to do better- no excuses. that's championship mentality. 

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also - and i wanted to get some Chelsea fans' opinions on this- but for me Pedro was the biggest threat for Chelsea after he came on. his pace on the ball, the direct nature in which he would attack our defense, plus Arsenal's horrible penchant for costly fouls and penalties (more than half of our goals allowed this season game from opponent set pieces, by far the highest % in the league) all had me worried every time he was on the ball. the two or three times he charged forward i had to hold my breath. it made me wonder why he wasn't a bigger part of the game plan to begin with (particularly against a team with defensive/set piece woes like Arsenal), but I know nothing about the Chelsea roster/minutes allocation, so i'm here asking y'all- didn't you feel like he was a threat to produce a goal when he was in? i know i did.

oh yeah, and as for Lampard's comments after the match? just perfect. he said everything hang i would want to hear my manager say on a day like that. of course he mentioned the several ways in which Chelsea were screwed, but had also placed all of the blame on his team and said that they weren't ready for a cup final and that they had to do better- no excuses. that's championship mentality. 

Pedro is a high energy guy, but quickly plays himself out of the game with solo runs and often finds himself well outside of defensive responsibilities. I love Pedro, but with Pulisic on one side, Mount or Willian are much better options. I was pleasantly surprised with his effect on the game (more so than CHO). I will definitely miss him, but it is time for him to move on and players like CHO to step up with Mount, Pulisic and hopefully Willian next ssn.

As far as set piece woes, we have to be one of the worst teams on set pieces outside of an occasion goal from on top of the 16 yard box. I can't recall the last time we scored from a corner.