The Masters Tournament 2020

heso

38 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Remember in the last month or so when the golf world was up in arms because players were wearing hoodies

and then this happened yesterday
at The Masters

1985 Open Champion
1988 Masters Champion
Sandy Lyle
(wtf dude?)

Sandy Lyle Twitter Trend : Most Popular Tweets | United States

put suspenders on Patrick Reed and he looks exactly like that.

• Like 1

Unless it prevents an actual competitive golfer from being included in the field.

Oh, and the former Masters champ that was asked not to play was Gay Brewer. I’m all for them coming and participating in the ceremonies, but Sandy Lyle has no business being in the field.

38 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sandy Lyle     (wtf dude?)

Sandy Lyle Twitter Trend : Most Popular Tweets | United States

I'm always glad when Lyle and Langer miss the cut so we don't have to hear any more wasted bullshit commentary on their games...

Fuck yeah reduce the golf ball distance 20% so these current players have to play Augusta the way it was intended to be played...

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Unless it prevents an actual competitive golfer from being included in the field.

Oh, and the former Masters champ that was asked not to play was Gay Brewer. I’m all for them coming and participating in the ceremonies, but Sandy Lyle has no business being in the field.

AFAIK it doesn't.

The Masters has very defined ways to qualify.  I don't think they even do special invites.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hate said:

Imagine being the last one outside the invitation list and having to watch that dude take your spot. They’ve stepped in a basically said don’t play to one former winner before, but I can’t recall who it was.

No one is is the last one outside the list, you are either invited or you are not - they have very specific criteria, being a past champion is one of the ways to get invited.
It is the smallest field in the majors, so they don't have to exclude anyone because it is already a limited field - only 92 players in the field this week (unless Jeff Knox is needed to play with someone again this year)

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

AFAIK it doesn't.

The Masters has very defined ways to qualify.  I don't think they even do special invites.

Yeah I don't think it does.

It does slow play down and waste time, however. And on a week like this that kind of matters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

Oh, and the former Masters champ that was asked not to play was Gay Brewer. I’m all for them coming and participating in the ceremonies, but Sandy Lyle has no business being in the field

Sure he does. He is a past champ and the masters can set whatever fucking rules they want. 

There is no competitive golfer that isn't here because sandy lyle is playing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

DJ saying his favorite part about the Masters is the sandwiches may be one of the best Masters quotes ever. I died when I heard that clip on the radio. He's such a meathead jock that happens to be otherworldly talented at an extremely sophisticated game. 

yeah, if Dustin is on his game pretty much nobody can beat him. The only exception is probably Rory. 

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

every time Frittelli makes a birdie, CBS should play Chelsea Dagger.  it would be like watching a Chicago Blackhawks game.

God I hate that fucking song.

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

For sure. Peak Rory hasn't been around much lately, mostly because he can't make a fucking putt

Yeah. Most of his wins he wins because he's the best tee to green player in the game and putts just well enough.

If you gave him SG from the best putters on tour he'd win half of the tournaments he plays in.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

DJ is doing what everybody thought Bryson would do.  he's playing the course like it's a par 67.

Just now, ztejas said:

DJ returning to his scorched earth form. Goodnight if he puts another one together tomorrow.

When DJ is playing great, pretty hard to beat...

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Winds are probably gonna pick up in the afternoon... may make conditions much tougher and greens faster.

Lady Augusta doesn't want to be as easy today and give up so many eagles and birdies in the 2nd Rd

DJ ripping lines off her tits and sticking his dick wherever he wants

• Hook 'Em 2

DJ making a bid to make this a boring ass tournament so far. That dude should have a closet full of green jackets. 
People ignore just how incredible his career has been in a lot of ways- but on the other hand you have to think that if the golf gods hadn’t decided to bless a borderline regard (and have his idiot brother caddy for him) with those talents and instead gave it to someone who didn’t eat paint chips that said recipient of the gift would be a top 5 or minimum top 10 all time player. 
I have no idea what to make of DJ’s career in the aggregate, but I suppose he still has a 5 year period where he could rip off 3 or 4 or 5 majors and vault up to a non embarrassing place (for someone of his gifts) in the annals of golf history. 
I will be rooting against that happening- I suppose- but if he can engineer that feat more power to him I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

DJ making a bid to make this a boring ass tournament so far. That dude should have a closet full of green jackets. 
People ignore just how incredible his career has been in a lot of ways- but on the other hand you have to think that if the golf gods hadn’t decided to bless a borderline regard (and have his idiot brother caddy for him) with those talents and instead gave it to someone who didn’t eat paint chips that said recipient of the gift would be a top 5 or minimum top 10 all time player. 
I have no idea what to make of DJ’s career in the aggregate, but I suppose he still has a 5 year period where he could rip off 3 or 4 or 5 majors and vault up to a non embarrassing place (for someone of his gifts) in the annals of golf history. 
I will be rooting against that happening- I suppose- but if he can engineer that feat more power to him I suppose. 

the only annals DJ gives a shit about are Paulina's

And I can't say I blame him. 

Plus cocaine. 

the only annals DJ gives a shit about are Paulina's

And I can't say I blame him. 

Plus cocaine. 

I know. That’s my entire point my man. His life- he can do what he wants- but what a waste to throw it away on banging tens and snorting coke. Wait, what? 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

So what happens when Koepka stops winning majors? Can we not care about him for 52 weeks per year instead of 48? 

He'll be like the washed up high school player that wears his ring everywhere he goes in his podunk town that hasn't won shit in 30 years.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Remember in the last month or so when the golf world was up in arms because players were wearing hoodies

and then this happened yesterday
at The Masters

1985 Open Champion
1988 Masters Champion
Sandy Lyle
(wtf dude?)

Apparently Paul Casey went to the pub and says "hold my beer"

1 minute ago, DCA_HORN said:
6 minutes ago, ztejas said:
A 65 from Bryson would sure as shit make things interesting. Definitely in play if he can find a couple eagles.

That's some wie level analysis right there. Also bryson has carded one round under 70 at augusta so let's tap the brakes a bit.

I'm just giving scenarios for DJ not running away with it. 

No one is is the last one outside the list, you are either invited or you are not - they have very specific criteria, being a past champion is one of the ways to get invited.
It is the smallest field in the majors, so they don't have to exclude anyone because it is already a limited field - only 92 players in the field this week (unless Jeff Knox is needed to play with someone again this year)

Yeah, I get it. It’s invite only and the have their rules. What I am saying is that I would rather see an up and coming golfer have a chance rather than some 30+ years ago winner hacking his way around Augusta National. It’s nostalgic for sure, especially when you see that one shot of Ben Crenshaw putting out on 18 (a few years ago).

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I get it. It’s invite only and the have their rules. What I am saying is that I would rather see an up and coming golfer have a chance rather than some 30+ years ago winner hacking his way around Augusta National. It’s nostalgic for sure, especially when you see that one shot of Ben Crenshaw putting out on 18 (a few years ago).

How much time have you spent watching Bernhard Langer hacking around in the last two days? Would your viewing experience be better if Richy Werenski was in the field instead?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Jesus fucking Christ people. How difficult is it to understand that I would prefer a more other 3 majors field but understand that the Masters makes their own rules. It doesn’t stop me from watching and it’s still my favorite tournament every year. Goddamn, back to the actual golf.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

He's missed 9 out of the past 11 cuts now and hasn't made the cut in 5+ years. Most web.com players could equal that if not post better results if you gave them 11 cracks at it.

I feel like it's a gentleman's agreement type deal where you are of course entitled to play as long as you want and are invited every year - but once you start playing shitty enough you should hang it up and go out with some class. Lyle passed that point a couple of years ago and now he's just dragging it out in Paterno/Bowden fashion.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's missed 9 out of the past 11 cuts now and hasn't made the cut in 5+ years. Most web.com players could equal that if not post better results if you gave them 11 cracks at it.

I feel like it's a gentleman's agreement type deal where you are of course entitled to play as long as you want and are invited every year - but once you start playing shitty enough you should hang it up and go out with some class. Lyle passed that point a couple of years ago and now he's just dragging it out in Paterno/Bowden fashion.

It used to be a lot worse. The tournament put in an age restriction (65) for past champions playing in 2002. BTW Assuming he makes the cut this year, Langer will have made the cut all 3 years in his 60s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It used to be a lot worse. The tournament put in an age restriction (65) for past champions playing in 2002. BTW Assuming he makes the cut this year, Langer will have made the cut all 3 years in his 60s

Yeah, Langer is a badass. Seemed like Freddy competed well at Augusta well into his 50's as well.