Amended Poll for Switchers (People who were with Pete or Liz or Klob or Bloomberg or Bernie)

Tom

Amended Poll for Switchers (People who were with Pete or Liz or Klob or Bloomberg or Bernie)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If you were with Pete or Liz or Klob or Bloomberg or Bernie and have to choose between the front runners, which would you choose?

• Joe Biden (enthusiastically)
    • Joe Biden (lesser of two evils)
    • Donald Trump (enthusiastically)
    • Donald Trump (lesser of two evils)
    • Not Voting
    • Persisting with Gary Johnson/the Libertarian Party
    • Go Fuck Yourself

Just to make sure I understand you, you are saying if Bernie doesn't get the nomination and the choice is between Joe Biden and Donald Trump? The GOP is dead to me. Left that party, took the lamp shade and the beer and I'm not returning. I ALWAYS vote. (19th amendment and you're not taking that away).

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Just to make sure I understand you, you are saying if Bernie doesn't get the nomination and the choice is between Joe Biden and Donald Trump? The GOP is dead to me. Left that party, took the lamp shade and the beer and I'm not returning. I ALWAYS vote. (19th amendment and you're not taking that away).

This is assuming it's a Biden v. Trump election.  We can have an amended amended poll later if Bernie comes back and someone wants to make it, but for now all the momentum is in Biden's court and I'm assuming he will be the nominee.

I picked Biden enthusiastically because Trump is so bad by comparison. Simply saying he’s the lesser of two evils feels insufficient to communicate the degree of difference between them. To be clear, Biden still sucks and the likelihood of a more competent fascist wing of the GOP growing while Biden tries to meet them halfway on shit like a good ol boy scares the hell out of me.

• Like 8

I thought the choice would be between Biden and Sanders. That'd be a better serious poll although you did a nice job of making this amusing.

This was an easy choice for the ebil Liberal Cabal around here. We're mostly never-Trumper enemies of the state who likely will be filled with bullet holes or in camps unable to vote by the time the election rolls around.

I'm a boomer, so nobody will want me on their ledge. The ledge lodgers may poor Scotch on my head as I'm marched past them down below. I may try to catch it in my mouth, so no dirty tricks, you bastards!

I'm past my prime fighting days, and a camp might be an improvement over my humble Democrat (rented) hovel. See you on the other side of the barbed wire. We can help raise the poor little Mexican kids when we're not doing forced labor to build the wall. 

la-1528944999-rdrtytulzx-snap-image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This poll does seem a bit premature.

Possibly.  Starting this thread is part of my mourning.  My number 1 (Warren) dropped out this week and my number 2 (Sanders) got destroyed on Super Tuesday.  Maybe it's a dumb premature thread, but I was just curious where people stood at the moment.  I was also curious if there were any previous Trump voters who might switch to Biden since the "conservative" Democrat appears to be the nominee.  But I guess they are choosing not to participate. 

I voted for Bloomberg earlier this month.  With Pete being a very close second.  I mean, like debating in real time at the ballot booth close.  Cold comfort bullshit would be for me to say a distant third, but admittedly on my radar still, was Warren.  

Bottom line, if Biden is on my general ballot...I will vote for him with very little hesitation.  won't be terribly enthusiastic about it, but I will do it.  If Bernie is the candidate, there is zero chance I will vote For Donald Trump.  And there is a 0.1% chance I would vote for Sanders.  At that point, I would very likely go for Hornberger or whomever else we end up nominating here in Austin.  I look forward to y'all telling me it's a wasted vote in that case as I watch you not only waste a vote, but waste the primary process of a major American political party because you felt after one corporatist suck-off expert after another, you picked the most dangerously critical election since reconstruction to play "office" within your party.  

So Biden.  99.99% certain.  If Bernie is your guy (and please get this type of emphatic gut-check in 2024 and beyond), then I'm voting LP.  And if that's a wasted vote to you, remember that my one vote is as worthless as your entire primary process and at least my bullshit this cycle didn't cost a billion dollars to sort out.  

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

So Biden.  99.99% certain.  If Bernie is your guy (and please get this type of emphatic gut-check in 2024 and beyond), then I'm voting LP.  And if that's a wasted vote to you, remember that my one vote is as worthless as your entire primary process and at least my bullshit this cycle didn't cost a billion dollars to sort out.  

Curious if you will still feel this way when Roe v. Wade is being overturned 7-2.