NFL 2K is coming back

MillerEP

While EA not having exclusive access is cool, there's a few things that make it appear that this may not be as great as it seems.

For one, you will notice that they agreed to make non-simulation style games. To me, that means NFL Blitz arcade style games, which will automatically turn off a bunch of people that loved the NFL 2k franchise from the early 2000's. If you've played any of the NBA 2k's over the last few years there's 2 things that really stand out to me: 1) The franchise mode is really deep and has more options than most people want to mess with but is still awesome and 2) 2k focuses on online play and microtransactions (buying VC) to improve your player or whatever, so it's pay to win. I last got NBA 2k19 because it was free on PlayStation+ and had a good time with it playing only the franchise mode but NBA 2k20 did not receive great reviews(at least by people playing the game) and apparently they ramped up the microtransactions even more.

I'm not sure how in depth an arcade style football game's franchise mode could be compared to the NBA2k games but I'm sure 2k already has that worked out.

This article has a little bit more information to give you an idea of what to expect: https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/10/21172310/nfl-2k-sports-football-video-games-deal-ea-madden