COVID-19 and Basketball thread

Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T TESTED ANYBODY (because we dicked around preparing for this) is the core component of that statement.

How did we dick around? We cut off travel to where the virus originated from almost immediately, and the CDC was screening people before that.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Dude, open your brain. The CDC count is what it is because we have been totally unprepared to actually test people, not because it's the right number.

We can't confirm a diagnosis with a test that hasn't been administered.

and you can't test people that don't come in for testing.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

How did we dick around? We cut off travel to where the virus originated from almost immediately, and the CDC was screening people before that.

Friend of mine came back from Vietnam in February, had a long layover at an airport in China on the way back. Her screening was someone asking her where she’d traveled to. Nothing more. 

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

A “dr” that posts on surly more than me has a shit ton of time on his hands.

Sorry bro, sold my group so I work as much as I want.  I do have a lot of time on my hands.  But I love picking up a bunch of rep at your expense.  See I take your posts and I litter them all over...then people laugh at you and rep me.  Damn...you're right, I do have too much time on my hands.  Oh well.  Onward!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

For those curious how much you can hear at empty stadium games:

Sounds like the high school soccer games that I used to play in, only with an echo.

PS- Every person in the medical field who I interact with thinks that this is a huge deal. A couple of real estate agents and a political ranter seem to think that this is all a joke. I have chosen to pay attention to the people who work in the medical profession on this one. With regards to what my mother should do with her tornado damaged house, I'll look to the real estate agents for expert opinions.