COVID-19 and Basketball thread

Jive Turkey

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

How did we dick around? We cut off travel to where the virus originated from almost immediately, and the CDC was screening people before that.

The first wave of test kits sent out by the CDC had a faulty reagent. Our lab in Philadelphia saw a signal in the negative control, which is an immediate sign of probe contamination. The lab fucked up their QC and it set back testing in the U.S. immensely. As a result, the FDA is now giving emergency testing authorization to all state labs. But it'll get worse before it gets better.

Just for reference, our molecular pathology group won't have the testing assay done until next Monday. We're so far behind other countries it's absurd.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

What the fuck is ESPN going to televise for the next several months?

Reruns of world’s strongest man?

I hope they bring back Body Shaping to fill the void.  

I wanted to fill their voids back in the day.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Seriously, shut the hell up, there's a cloak room thread for all your retarded bitching.  Use it.

Retarded Bitching?  That's just rude.  Since you started slinging offensive terminology and my sister is mentally retarded...let me say this...I guess the NCAA has their reasons and we have to abide them.  Your president is retarded and many people will die as a result of his stupidity.  Go ahead and "take it to the Cloak Room" you sorry sack of shit...my retarded sister has 10 the integrity of your god king who will be thankfully be dead before long.  You have an issue with that, take it to the moderators. Do not use the word retarded unless referring to your President on this board, ever.   Trump is Retarded.  My Sister is Special.  You are doomed.  Got it?  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Any chance Gobert and the Jazz get invited to the White House this week to celebrate their 3rd place finish last season?  Isn't that a tradition?  Maybe they get to attend and touch a bunch of stuff in the West Wing, including Melania.  How come that's not a tradition?  

Fuck off

• Like 3

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Reported that he was sick before the game but chose to coach anyway.  Probably results in March Sadness getting canceled.

Nebraska isn't going to the tournament lol

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

In the 2011 film Contagion it was pigs in Macau 

that was batshit too, pigs ate it, chef fingered pigs mouth, didn't clean his hands, fingered Gweneths Paltrow.

Here is my final hypothesis...

If we get through the conference tourneys with no fans and no players or coaches test positive for corona then we will have a NCAA tourney with no fans, private planes, secluded hotels, and small venues (college arenas).  If we even have 1 player come down with it for let's say Illinois, then every big 10 team will have been exposed by virtue of being in the same building that the infected player was in.  Then the entire NCAA tournament will be cancelled.

This isn't going to be a "play it in May" scenario with how long this is going to spread for and how many people we worry about it touching.  We also aren't going to play it in June when players are graduated and prepping for the NBA draft.  We also aren't considering that the arenas are going to be booked for other events.  it is a logistics nightmare to get this done.

The tourney is either on or it is off.  Right now I would have to put it at a 60% or more chance that it won't happen and every media personality that says it should be delayed or cancelled is only putting more pressure on Emmert to cancel it.  we need a minor miracle if our march madness is to be saved.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Suck a dick, Pam

Yeah you're a good little CR police when someone questions the obvious dipshittery of your favorite president. But fucking 🦗🦗 when some nutter goes on some alt right rant.

How about actually trying to contribute to a thread for once instead of getting into slap fights with goo punch.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Here is my final hypothesis...

If we get through the conference tourneys with no fans and no players or coaches test positive for corona then we will have a NCAA tourney with no fans, private planes, secluded hotels, and small venues (college arenas).  If we even have 1 player come down with it for let's say Illinois, then every big 10 team will have been exposed by virtue of being in the same building that the infected player was in.  Then the entire NCAA tournament will be cancelled.

This isn't going to be a "play it in May" scenario with how long this is going to spread for and how many people we worry about it touching.  We also aren't going to play it in June when players are graduated and prepping for the NBA draft.  We also aren't considering that the arenas are going to be booked for other events.  it is a logistics nightmare to get this done.

The tourney is either on or it is off.  Right now I would have to put it at a 60% or more chance that it won't happen and every media personality that says it should be delayed or cancelled is only putting more pressure on Emmert to cancel it.  we need a minor miracle if our march madness is to be saved.

This is pretty much my thinking as well.