COVID-19 and Basketball thread

Jive Turkey

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nice try aggy. It would not be worse than the multiple fake titles y’all added to the side of your football stadium. Hell, you losers claimed a Big 12 conference title for a year you didn’t even make it into the conference title championship game. 
That’s way more desperate, pathetic and tone deaf than ending the season as the unanimous #1 team in CBB and hanging a banner, which I doubt KU will even do. 

I was going to reply to his stupid shit comment but couldn't muster up enough energy. 

Thanks for staying on the case, Burt Macklin. 

13 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nice try aggy. It would not be worse than the multiple fake titles y’all added to the side of your football stadium. Hell, you losers claimed a Big 12 conference title for a year you didn’t even make it into the conference title championship game. 
That’s way more desperate, pathetic and tone deaf than ending the season as the unanimous #1 team in CBB and hanging a banner, which I doubt KU will even do. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

I was going to reply to his stupid shit comment but couldn't muster up enough energy. 

Thanks for staying on the case, Burt Macklin. 

Don't be fucking dumbasses. You both knew what I meant.

No one outside of Texas gives enough of a shit about A&M to care what they put on a wall. It's something for people to roll their eyes or laugh at...those delusional idiots with no actual achievements to celebrate...and move on. Kansas trying to claim any kind of title or put up a banner because of an ongoing pandemic that cancelled the tournament would upset people on a national level, and they'd justifiably be derided for it. I'm fairly confident that they won't be that tone deaf; I'm just responding to the posters up thread suggesting it.

And yes, if Texas A&M basketball was ranked #1 in similar circumstances (in fantasy land), they'd already be having daily parades and self-planning their uninvited White House trip. Kansas basketball should probably strive to have a little more dignity than Texas A&M athletics.

• Like 3

This stuff will impact sports networks (& conference networks) as fans have no content to watch, yet have a variety of streaming options (as Netflix/ Disney+ & Hulu😞

2 days ago - ... Basketball Association's suspended season because of coronavirus ... TV providers have lost millions of subscribers to cord-cutting over the ...

20 hours ago, kopp0e said:

This stuff will impact sports networks (& conference networks) as fans have no content to watch, yet have a variety of streaming options (as Netflix/ Disney+ & Hulu😞

I wonder if what this will lead to is more men realizing just how optional sports really are. The sports I stopped following 15 or 20 years ago? I don't miss them at all. 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I wonder if what this will lead to is more men realizing just how optional sports really are. The sports I stopped following 15 or 20 years ago? I don't miss them at all. 

I think for many, (if this carries over into the fall), it will be a "culture shock" for all, self included...

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I think for many, (if this carries over into the fall), it will be a "culture shock" for all, self included...

If football season gets canceled it will become a Fury Road USA.  I’m going to go with one of those porcupine cars.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea you’re right we should ban everything. Wash your hands and takes some vitamin c. 

Just an update. They did ban everything since this tremendous post.  Hard to believe it was only 5 days ago.  Lulz.

Sheriff Clarke and you can fight the good fight though...good luck. 

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Just an update. They did ban everything since this tremendous post.  Hard to believe it was only 5 days ago.  Lulz.

Truly unfortunate those that spread fake news about a public health crisis can’t be held liable. 

12 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I never said they wouldn't ban everything I said it's fucking dumb to ban everything and I still feel that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I never said they wouldn't ban everything I said it's fucking dumb to ban everything and I still feel that way. 

Got it.  Still think it's funny that nobody with a brain seems to think that.  Maybe you can refer me to someone in the science/medical fields who thinks it's a bad idea to shut down large crowds.  Only person I found was some nutter sheriff clarke guy.  Thanks, 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Got it.  Still think it's funny that nobody with a brain seems to think that.  Maybe you can refer me to someone in the science/medical fields who thinks it's a bad idea to shut down large crowds.  Only person I found was some nutter sheriff clarke guy.  Thanks, 

I mean, we've all been there: doubling down on a terrible message board take--that you now know is wrong--because you don't want to admit that you were misinformed and ignorant. But it's still funny as shit to watch every time. Especially in ol' Rocket's case when the take is so blatantly irresponsible, unresearched, and myopic. He's pot-committed now...no amount of experts is going to change that.

Back on page 8 post 365....I made mention of the UIL boys State Basketball Tournament.

Well this shit has (maybe) has come home to roost.

From the smallest of Texas panhandle towns a person that I know is in ICU in Amarillo and on a ventilator.....and currently the only thing they can trace it to is 3/4 of the small town made the trip to San Antonio.....the particular person on the vent did not make the trip...but is employed at the school and of course is and was in constant contact with kids that did make the trip.....like I say very small Texas panhandle town....and very close nit all one church community.....It could get very bad....because what I am hearing there are several others being monitored and tested.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, Hpara759 said:

Back on page 8 post 365....I made mention of the UIL boys State Basketball Tournament.

Well this shit has (maybe) has come home to roost.

From the smallest of Texas panhandle towns a person that I know is in ICU in Amarillo and on a ventilator.....and currently the only thing they can trace it to is 3/4 of the small town made the trip to San Antonio.....the particular person on the vent did not make the trip...but is employed at the school and of course is and was in constant contact with kids that did make the trip.....like I say very small Texas panhandle town....and very close nit all one church community.....It could get very bad....because what I am hearing there are several others being monitored and tested.

Wish them the best.  Keep us updated.  Hope they’re tracing already if the others are old and susceptible like you hinted.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/mavericks/2020/03/24/mark-cuban-mavericks-blasts-senators-schumer-cornyn-coronavirus-stalemate/2906795001/

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban rips senators over coronavirus stalemate

CHRIS BUMBACA | USA TODAY
Updated 5 hours ago

How are NBA players staying ready for the season to resume?

Mark Cuban was on the front lines of the NBA suspending its regular season, and the Dallas Mavericks' owner has maintained that presence throughout the sports-wide shutdown, advocating for stadium employee pay and the need for social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

On Tuesday, he directed the ire he normally reserves for referees toward a pair of U.S. Senators, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-New York, and John Cornyn, R-Texas, and the coronavirus stimulus package stalemate in the U.S. Senate. A version of the bill did not pass the chamber Sunday, and the two sides remain close to a deal Tuesday. 

"BOTH OF YOU NEED TO DO YOUR (EXPLETIVE) JOB!" Cuban began one tweet. "@SenSchumer, stop kissing progressive (expletive). We can't solve every problem in this deal @JohnCornyn, stop kissing big corporate (expletive). They don't need buybacks or (executive) bonuses. They have no choice but to take any deal they can get." 

In his next tweet, Cuban pleaded for quick action.

"The economy is crashing and people are getting sick and dying because you 2 hard (expletive) think your agendas are bigger than the health and future of the American people," he wrote. "They are not. There is no perfect deal. TIME IS OUR ENEMY. Get this done today!"

Edited by immortal13

On 3/14/2020 at 8:43 AM, CooterBrown said:

If the NBA comes back just for the playoffs, they should do a tournament with all teams for this one season to determine the champion.

Damn. An NBA single elimination march madness would be pretty badass. Would be pretty cool in MLB too. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:02 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Wish them the best.  Keep us updated.  Hope they’re tracing already if the others are old and susceptible like you hinted.  

On 3/23/2020 at 12:02 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Was told late last night... 5 confirmed cases 3 of which are on vents in Amarillo 2 at home. Youngest Jr in HS ... ...The county went on lock down yesterday (Castro) town involved is Nazareth...approx 300 pop.