Just f'n venting

The day started with an early meeting....that cancelled as I was driving to the office.

Which was good, because as soon as I got here, my phone blew up because the boy had a fender-bender on the slick streets on the way to school.  Don't think there was too much damage, but goddamn, he can't handle adversity at all, and it's killing us.  Wife gets on the phone with me just ranting about how shitty it is.  Yeah, I hear you -- now hang up so I can try to solve some shit.

The phone stayed quiet for about 30 minutes, till it blew up from the daughter -- she and her friends found a perfect place to live next year in Montreal (a hot market) last night.  I sent her the necessary paperwork to sign the lease this morning.  She woke up to a notice that it was leased out right after she left last night.  So, back to the drawing board - and one of her roomies has a restrictive budget, that's limiting their search like hell. I've told her fuck it, we'll kick in a little extra cash to help them expand their search, and in exchange, she gets first pick of bedrooms, but that doesn't solve the problem right away.  So, a stressful problem we thought was solved blew back up.

Not a few minutes later, was contacted by an old friend of mine -- out of the blue, her husband is asking for a divorce.  It's throwing her for a hell of a loop, both personally and financially.  So, I spent a good part of the morning messaging with her, talking her down off the ledge (oh the irony), etc.

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to be working, and I am -- on multiple matters at once.

Have to fly tonight - really looking forward to time in a metal germ tube.

Fully expect the daughter's academic year to be cut short, as more and more universities are going to online classes, and some are even kicking them out of student housing in the near future.  I haven't raised that concern with her -- she'd just flip out.  But I'm already thinking about how to plan for that, logistically.  She's not exactly at the university next door.

But we did get some news that my mother's scans (she's in cancer treatment, including a clinical trial) came back demonstrating that she's pretty much holding steady (so, no tumor growth), which is something of a win.  I'll take it.

But what a motherfucker of a day.  And I just had to write it out somewhere.  So, here it is.

HEB remains open, though -- so we still have that.  Ray of sunshine and all that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The day started with an early meeting....that cancelled as I was driving to the office.

Which was good, because as soon as I got here, my phone blew up because the boy had a fender-bender on the slick streets on the way to school.  Don't think there was too much damage, but goddamn, he can't handle adversity at all, and it's killing us.  Wife gets on the phone with me just ranting about how shitty it is.  Yeah, I hear you -- now hang up so I can try to solve some shit.

The phone stayed quiet for about 30 minutes, till it blew up from the daughter -- she and her friends found a perfect place to live next year in Montreal (a hot market) last night.  I sent her the necessary paperwork to sign the lease this morning.  She woke up to a notice that it was leased out right after she left last night.  So, back to the drawing board - and one of her roomies has a restrictive budget, that's limiting their search like hell. I've told her fuck it, we'll kick in a little extra cash to help them expand their search, and in exchange, she gets first pick of bedrooms, but that doesn't solve the problem right away.  So, a stressful problem we thought was solved blew back up.

Not a few minutes later, was contacted by an old friend of mine -- out of the blue, her husband is asking for a divorce.  It's throwing her for a hell of a loop, both personally and financially.  So, I spent a good part of the morning messaging with her, talking her down off the ledge (oh the irony), etc.

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to be working, and I am -- on multiple matters at once.

Have to fly tonight - really looking forward to time in a metal germ tube.

Fully expect the daughter's academic year to be cut short, as more and more universities are going to online classes, and some are even kicking them out of student housing in the near future.  I haven't raised that concern with her -- she'd just flip out.  But I'm already thinking about how to plan for that, logistically.  She's not exactly at the university next door.

But we did get some news that my mother's scans (she's in cancer treatment, including a clinical trial) came back demonstrating that she's pretty much holding steady (so, no tumor growth), which is something of a win.  I'll take it.

But what a motherfucker of a day.  And I just had to write it out somewhere.  So, here it is.

HEB remains open, though -- so we still have that.  Ray of sunshine and all that.

deep breath my friend. this too shall pass.

we are going through a lot of the same issues.

one son is graduating and is off to Seattle. trying to find housing half way across the US has been interesting. the other is trying to find a house to lease next year after failing to secure the one he is currently leasing. daughter is frustrated because the girls she wants to room with want to rent furnished and she doesnt. neither are giving in at this point.

my brother is going through some pretty bad addiction issues. my sister is out of work and living in a penthouse in LA with no plan for future income. 

meanwhile i am being asked (because its my role) to solve everyone's problems and trying to work on my cases at the same time. 

oh and did i tell you that we traded in my wife's suv for a new one over the weekend? and then she decided that she didnt want this new one anymore. so we drove out to bastrop to exchange vehicles only to find out that they already sold her old suv....

oh boy....

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

meanwhile i am being asked (because its my role) to solve everyone's problems and trying to work on my cases at the same time. 

This is really the overarching stress point here, on both my wife and me.  Add to the fact that the refugee family we work closely with has required some significant help and hand-holding the past several days, and we're both just really damned tired of being the adult in the room, all the damned time.

Yeah, first world problems and all that.  But stress and exhaustion is stress and exhaustion.  We'll get through it, we'll live.  Just not a pleasant stretch here.

• Like 1

It's rainy and kinda shitty here.  It's Tuesday, not a busy day in Real Estate.  

The GF had taken a vacation day for something, and it cancelled. 

So, I fucked her twice today and watched the ZZ Top doc on netflix.   Now I'm drinking a cold Bud Light, after getting the aforementioned snatch.   

My day is going better than yours. 

• Like 6

Just now, Brisketexan said:

This is really the overarching stress point here, on both my wife and me.  Add to the fact that the refugee family we work closely with has required some significant help and hand-holding the past several days, and we're both just really damned tired of being the adult in the room, all the damned time.

Yeah, first world problems and all that.  But stress and exhaustion is stress and exhaustion.  We'll get through it, we'll live.  Just not a pleasant stretch here.

yeah, i totally get it. i am helping financially support both my brother and sister at this point. neither has a plan moving forward other than big plans that take a year or more to develop before income starts rolling in. just go get a job!!! i wouldnt do it except if i didnt, my mom would and thats a whole other stress.

49 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So, I fucked her twice today and watched the ZZ Top doc on netflix.   Now I'm drinking a cold Bud Light, after getting the aforementioned snatch.   

i totally bought in at first and then FUCK YOU! lol...

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

i totally bought in at first and then FUCK YOU! lol...

It's 100% true.  I've run out of Bud Light and now drinking Fat Tire.  Reading a C.J. Box book with my feet up while occasionally checking surly on the phone.  GF went to meet friends for dinner and she's bringing me back an eggplant parm from my favorite Italian joint. 

And, I didn't have to shoot nobody with my AK

Edited by Gil Bang

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not  a few minutes later, was contacted by an old friend of mine -- out of the blue, her husband is asking for a divorce.  It's throwing her for a hell of a loop, both personally and financially.  So, I spent a good part of the morning messaging with her, talking her down off the ledge (oh the irony), etc.

Pics?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah but you still live in Cali.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Not really

1 hour ago, RMac5 said:

Yeah but you still live in Cali.

Yeah, most of Texas is paradise compared to Coastal San Diego. 

Anyway, the GF came home with my eggplant parm, and a new pair of shoes for me.  I wear a 14, so they rarely show up on the sale rack, but she found some nice Nike's that did, and she bought them for me,

I put them on this morning.  The felt pretty good.  I walked out to get the paper, got about 15 steps, and stepped right in a big pile of dog shit.   All over my new shoe.  

Then my client, who's in the restaurant business, texted that he's worried about his businesses so he's not going forward with a purchase.

Today sucks. 

I know this comes as a shock to most of you, but my ex fucking sucks.

I started venting here and by the time I got finished I had written at least a couple of pages.  I went back and read it, and then I felt bad about writing it so I deleted it. It was cathartic just writing it, so thanks for that.  If it wasn't for my kids and Surly I would have just called it a day by now.

• Like 1

Fuck fuck fuck. I came home to help my son with his homework and we had a massive fight and I did something I’ve never ever done before. I called my ex and told her to come get him. Then I had his phone shut off and I changed the password on his Xbox account. I don’t think I’ve ever been this upset before.

So, I’ve got a circuit breaker that keeps blowing. I replaced the breaker, still blowing. Fuck.

Tenant in the guesthouse calls and says that the furnace isn’t working. It’s almost new, I replaced it 4 or 5 years ago. I go into the guesthouse garage to take a look. It’s been raining here for a few days. Roof leaked, and water all over the furnace got inside and shorted out some shit.