I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

38 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

"Here may be found...the last words of Utgrad98...

...He who is valiant and pure of spirit... may find the cure for the Corona virus...in the surlyhorns thread titled RIP Now.....Aaaaaaahhhhh"

thanks for reminding me what an epitaph is, RIP peace

Edited by Hmmm

24 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm on about day 22 of this. First week was a normal cold. 2nd week was a cold with deep respiratory coughing that hasn't let up. 3rd week was the flu, 103 fever and all. I'm almost back to normal today but the cough won't go away.

Btw wife and kids all had some form of this briefly during the last few weeks but it only lasted 3-5 days for them like it normally would. 

If I did have Covid-19 then it'll probably be out of my system by the time any testing is ever done in this country .

@GRHorn had a good post on the other thread, sorry forgot to respond, that living in nyc I’ve probably been exposed. I agree, just find it impossible to not have been considering bars, international travelers, the subway, dirty slothful co-workers, etc. I resigned myself to the fact I’ll probably get it but I’m banking on being in that 80%. 

bad thing is that my allergy season just started on Sunday night; usually lasts 2-4 weeks. Itchy swollen eyes, runny nose, slight congestion headache, and sneezing. Gonna be a fucking blast worrying if I’m sick or just allergic, AND then explaining that to people if it is just allergies.

• Like 2

To tell y’all the truth, I am worried enough to consider avoiding Happy Hour with our friends, particularly when one returns from a cruise down under in Oz and three others get back from a couple of weeks in Portugal.
75, obese, heart disease, and an occasional canker sore, any bout with a flu or Corona would cash in my chips.
Had a bronchial infection a year ago that lasted 3 weeks and was pretty debilitating for awhile.
No, my guns are already spoken for.

If you fucking die from this stupid thing, just shut the site down
  • Like 2

To tell y’all the truth, I am worried enough to consider avoiding Happy Hour with our friends, particularly when one returns from a cruise down under in Oz and three others get back from a couple of weeks in Portugal.
75, obese, heart disease, and an occasional canker sore, any bout with a flu or Corona would cash in my chips.
Had a bronchial infection a year ago that lasted 3 weeks and was pretty debilitating for awhile.
No, my guns are already spoken for.

If you fucking die from this stupid thing, just shut the site down

I'm 27, no serious health conditions, decent shape, don't smoke. I like my odds (probably just signed my death warrant with that comment) when it gets to me, and it's looking increasingly likely it will cycle through almost everyone - cat's out of the bag.

My mom is in her 60's - MS, smoker, not in great health. She is the definition of high risk for this thing. She can't drive and therefore doesn't get out a whole lot, which is good in this situation. Thing is, I will need to be more present, not less, as she obviously has to lay low through this. My biggest concern with this is helping her out without spreading it.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

No, my guns are already spoken for. 🖕

If it makes you feel better, I’ll memorialize you in some appropriate way.  Maybe by yelling at the neighbor’s kids for no good reason, or grabbing Easter lunch at a Luby’s Cafeteria.

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I had all the symptoms a month ago. Fever, sore throat, bad cough, diminished breathing capacity. Got over it kinda after a week. Then a week later it all came back and now over 2 weeks later, I still have breathing issues. Never went to the dr bc I am an idiot. I cant wait till I get the real deal and die. Kids will enjoy the windfall.

Same for me, although I don’t really have lingering breathing problems.

I definitely caught a nasty cold about three weeks ago and, as they are wont to do, it went straight to my chest. Fortunately, I finally quit smoking for good last year (sorry, the Mickey Mouse ashtray has been forever retired).

I don't think it was Covid as I was feeling better after only a couple days, but it's hard to discern illness from fucking allergies anytime between Xmas and April nowadays with the constant sneezing, coughing, chest congestion, and just overall miserable feeling this time of year.

I'm not too concerned about getting it.  I have an 11 year old and my wife works at an elementary school.  The chances of me catching it are probably pretty good.  I'm more worried about my 2 time cancer survivor MIL who is 80, my mom who is a former smoker (still vapes) and diabetic and generally unwell, and my 99 year old Grandpa in a nursing home in SA.  WWII, a bleeding ulcer, and two valve replacements didn't get him but I suspect this one might.

I'm divorced, and my former MIL died several years after my divorce.  But, if she were still alive, I'd be rooting for that mean old cunt to get in and die a painful death. 

What a fucking horrible cunt.  My ex-wife was batshit crazy, and I have no doubt it was because of the horrible creature that raised her. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I'm 27, no serious health conditions, decent shape, don't smoke. I like my odds (probably just signed my death warrant with that comment) when it gets to me, and it's looking increasingly likely it will cycle through almost everyone - cat's out of the bag.

My mom is in her 60's - MS, smoker, not in great health. She is the definition of high risk for this thing. She can't drive and therefore doesn't get out a whole lot, which is good in this situation. Thing is, I will need to be more present, not less, as she obviously has to lay low through this. My biggest concern with this is helping her out without spreading it.

I feel ya. We're the same age, I also don't smoke. The only thing is I'm a welder and welding smoke ain't the best for lungs.

All my family are all back in Texas. None of them are healthy. They're overweight, high blood pressure, don't do any exercising. I was talking to my aunt who just got a new heart (fuck, I definitely need to keep on a healthy diet and exercise forever) how she's not worried about it at all.

7 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I was like you and felt pretty good at being to withstand any widespread health issues at 27. I'm 33 now and have neck, shoulder, back, and ass problems. Corona would will not be a walk in the park for me.

I’ve adjusted the start time of my death song due to my incarceration this morning into the basement of 1001 Preston - Harris County jury duty assembly room.  

Fatty fatasses hacking away unchecked, no mouth covering...just blowing the contents of their lungs all over everything.   The room is averaging a cough every 3 seconds and a complete coughing spasm every 10 seconds and a whole lung expulsion from the body cavity twice a minute.  

I’m gonna die.   Soon. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I was fucked for a solid week beginning of february. Feel fine now with the typical seasonal allergies. Not gonna take anything that would suppress my immune system in anyway like i usually would.

@NowThisstyle?

We've been dealing with colds, flu, allergies and whatever else for the past month at our house, so I guess we've been building up immunity to anything else that can be thrown at us.

I'm in peak allergy season.  And traveling.  I'm sure I'll get it but am not terribly worried.  My MIL worries me the most.  Lung cancer survivor and aging.

Can we frame @Armybrat with some sort of crime?  Just long enough to get him on house arrest until fall.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I'm in peak allergy season.  And traveling.  I'm sure I'll get it but am not terribly worried.  My MIL worries me the most.  Lung cancer survivor and aging.

Can we frame @Armybrat with some sort of crime?  Just long enough to get him on house arrest until fall.

I’m not going anywhere. Already dropped plans for our summer trip to Britain.

11 hours ago, Somnio said:

For at least 2 weeks I've had almost daily headaches, fatigue, aches and pains, and just a general feeling of not being well.

I must admit the thought has crossed my mind that I have Covid-19.

It’s much more likely that you had a mild case of the flu. Despite getting a flu shot I had it with basically those same symptoms. 

Just now, StruggleBus said:

If you die from corona before next month can I have your Masters tickets?

Posted in the main covid thread that my wife’s lab asked her to validate their coronavirus test. 

im gonna be the asshole that spreads it to everyone in Augusta. 

12 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I had all the symptoms a month ago. Fever, sore throat, bad cough, diminished breathing capacity. Got over it kinda after a week. Then a week later it all came back and now over 2 weeks later, I still have breathing issues. Never went to the dr bc I am an idiot. I cant wait till I get the real deal and die. Kids will enjoy the windfall.

I had this from last week in Jan all thru Feb. Coughing so bad I felt like I bruised a rib. Got worse until I finally went to the doc for the ribs and she says I likely irritated the cartilage from coughing. Entire family is finally back to normal, mostly.  The crud was brutal this year. 

12 hours ago, Armybrat said:

No, my guns are already spoken for. 🖕

I mean all of them? ALL of them?  And to think I had a few in the back of the safe stored away for you in my unfortunate demise.  Good day sir. 

I’ve been sick more than a week, but no fever at all, and since that seems to be a primo 19 symptom, it probably isn’t it. Opaque chunks of variously colored phlegm are the feature of this bug. I want it to go away. And I have a job that calls for me to frequently spend a lot of time in medical clinics. Fuck. (I have been able to self isolate the last week, so I’m not making life worse for anyone else. Other than those of you who read my posts.)