I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

Started feeling like shit last night.  Headache mostly, took cold medicine because my nose was starting to run too.  I'm in hotels a lot, probably one of the worst environments possible.  Old lady is going to Phoenix tomorrow for a baby shower for younger sister.  She's the only one flying, told her not to go.  Of course she absolutely agreed.....to not listen to a fucking word I was saying.

Edited by mulletpelini

Very slight sore throat and light fever the last day. Trying to keep in away from family, whatever it is. I don't see value in getting tested. The goal of the test seems to be decide if you should quarantine yourself or not. If you feel sick, go ahead and isolate yourself. In other words, treat it as a positive result, unless your job is one of the essential ones such as a doctor, police officer, Costco checkout person, etc.Since there is a shortage of test kits, I would personally leave the tests to those who are really sick.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

I was in the grocery store at lunch picking up a couple of items and the 70 year old woman behind me started coughing and hacking for about 15 seconds.

She was wearing a mask but I have no confidence in one of those masks.

I figure I have two weeks to live. furk.

Some asshole in the pasta aisle just was sneezing everywhere yesterday.  I have never seen an aisle clear out so fast.

4 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

Very slight sore throat and light fever the last day. Trying to keep in away from family, whatever it is. I don't see value in getting tested. The goal of the test seems to be decide if you should quarantine yourself or not. If you feel sick, go ahead and isolate yourself. In other words, treat it as a positive result, unless your job is one of the essential ones such as a doctor, police officer, Costco checkout person, etc.Since there is a shortage of test kits, I would personally leave the tests to those who are really sick.

I wish everyone was as smart as you. 

Felt like I had a sore throat coming on all day yesterday while also feeling light headed.  

Made sure to drink a full gallon of water throughout the day, then took some HEB theraflu before bed. While I was waiting for that to kick in, I could feel the body chills/aches coming.  And I know when that happens, I'm getting sick.   Woke up, felt very well. No issues at all today. 

One thing I realized I didn't have in the house was a thermometer, so that's what I bought first thing in the morning.  Wish I had it last night, but took my temp this morning and it was normal. 

3 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Some asshole in the pasta aisle just was sneezing everywhere yesterday.  I have never seen an aisle clear out so fast.

So I was at the store in the pasta aisle and all of these assholes were in my way and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my 16 packages of capellini to go with the 18 lbs of ground beef I'd already cleared out of the meat aisle.  I just faked a bunch of sneezes and you shoulda seen all those suckas running for the hills. 

Just kidding I'd never do that.

I only buy bucatini, of course.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Felt like I had a sore throat coming on all day yesterday while also feeling light headed.  

Made sure to drink a full gallon of water throughout the day, then took some HEB theraflu before bed. While I was waiting for that to kick in, I could feel the body chills/aches coming.  And I know when that happens, I'm getting sick.   Woke up, felt very well. No issues at all today. 

One thing I realized I didn't have in the house was a thermometer, so that's what I bought first thing in the morning.  Wish I had it last night, but took my temp this morning and it was normal. 

With the baby we said fuck it and bought one of those 60 dollar ear thermometers from CVS. It's been a solid decision. 

• Like 2

I got sick around February 28th.  It lasted about 4 to 5 days, dry cough, aches, low grade fever.  Tested negative for the flu (had a flu shot) but it felt like a mild case of the flu.  I just assumed it was a garden variety virus of some sort.

Checking in. Had viral symptoms this morning and had to leave work. No fever (yet), but body ache, body chills, some shortness of breath, and significant fatigue. Still have an appetite, which I never have with the flu, but it’s kicking my ass nonetheless.

My doctor’s office at the Austin Diagnostic Clinic said they don’t have the coronavirus test available, so I’m going to ride this out with Vitamin C, zinc, lysine, Sambucus, and a ton of water.

I’m a pretty healthy 45-year-old, so I won’t be concerned. Until I’m dead.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Checking in. Had viral symptoms this morning and had to leave work. No fever (yet), but body ache, body chills, some shortness of breath, and significant fatigue. Still have an appetite, which I never have with the flu, but it’s kicking my ass nonetheless.

My doctor’s office at the Austin Diagnostic Clinic said they don’t have the coronavirus test available, so I’m going to ride this out with Vitamin C, zinc, lysine, Sambucus, and a ton of water.

Jesus Christ man, when is the last time you saw your mom?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 6:09 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

@NowThisstyle?

We've been dealing with colds, flu, allergies and whatever else for the past month at our house, so I guess we've been building up immunity to anything else that can be thrown at us.

Yeah, my wife and daughter had the flu a couple of weeks ago, and I have had a cough for a few days.  Nothing major.  But when I do get colds, they often end up turning into deep, bronchial coughs that fuck me up.  I imagine pneumonia is less fun.

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

And don't worry, your mom will be juuuuuust fine.

59 minutes ago, utee94 said:

So I was at the store in the pasta aisle and all of these assholes were in my way and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my 16 packages of capellini to go with the 18 lbs of ground beef I'd already cleared out of the meat aisle.  I just faked a bunch of sneezes and you shoulda seen all those suckas running for the hills. 

Thanks to the oak pollen 'worms' everywhere I have a very nice cough on command thing going. I did wake up with a killer headache so I thought it was zero hour, but now I think it's sinuses. Not quite sure how I feel about that since allergies stink and I normally don't get them too bad.

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I haven't read that sneezing out one's asshole is a symptom. You may be ok.

Edited by Deej

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I hope you and others like Deej and Nueces mention to those you have come in contact with the symptoms ya'll have overcome.  I'm not sold that they didn't have itbased upon their own descriptions/words.  Pulling for you man, get well.   

Edited by RollLeft

8 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I hope you and others like Deej and Nueces mention to those you have come in contact with the symptoms ya'll have overcome.  I'm not sold that they didn't have itbased upon their own descriptions/words.  Pulling for you man, get well.   

I only had contact with co-workers. I tried to convince the boss I needed to be home, but he wouldn't go for it. Apparently, you only get the day off when you have 24 hour strep throat on a Friday or Monday.

I made sure everyone knew and kept my distance, and washed my hands every ten minutes.

Edited by Deej

1 minute ago, Deej said:

I only had contact with co-workers. I tried to convince the boss I needed to be home, but he wouldn't go for it. Apparently, you only get the day off when you have 24 hour strep throat on a Friday or Monday.

Well, i hope you have that guy a nice nose wiped and coughed upon hand shake.  

• Like 2

The huge live oak in my front yard is currently in the midst of its annual yellow pollen Bukkake all over my house, yard, and driveway. There's a yellow pollen tumbleweed the size of a basketball in my driveway right now. Coronavirus ain't got nothing on just walking out of my house.

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Well, i hope you have that guy a nice nose wiped and coughed upon hand shake.  

When it finally dawned on him how sick I had been, I didn't see him for three days.

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

Three weeks ago I had the most intense, frequent, high volume diarrhea I’ve ever had. It came on all of a sudden one evening. I ran a fever and got almost no sleep because even a glass of water would work through in 30-40 minutes. I was running clear after the first 6 hours and after that it was like 3 days of colonoscopy prep. 

After it resolved I felt like a million bucks and still do, and everything that comes out is beautiful like a pageant winner. 

what are we talking about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Three weeks ago I had the most intense, frequent, high volume diarrhea I’ve ever had. It came on all of a sudden one evening. I ran a fever and got almost no sleep because even a glass of water would work through in 30-40 minutes. I was running clear after the first 6 hours and after that it was like 3 days of colonoscopy prep. 

After it resolved I felt like a million bucks and still do, and everything that comes out is beautiful like a pageant winner. 

what are we talking about?

That is food poisoning. Someone forgot to cook your pork dumplings 

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

The huge live oak in my front yard is currently in the midst of its annual yellow pollen Bukkake all over my house, yard, and driveway. There's a yellow pollen tumbleweed the size of a basketball in my driveway right now. Coronavirus ain't got nothing on just walking out of my house.

I'm right with ya. Those oaks in my neighbor's yard nutted yellow all over my Caddy. My sinuses are all jacked up.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Thanks to the oak pollen 'worms' everywhere I have a very nice cough on command thing going. I did wake up with a killer headache so I thought it was zero hour, but now I think it's sinuses. Not quite sure how I feel about that since allergies stink and I normally don't get them too bad.

They have a name.  Catkins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

I think I found the driver.

Mr.jpg

Pretty sure half of this message board will be wiped out in two weeks.
Just half?

I made sure everyone knew and kept my distance, and washed my hands every ten minutes.

Your boss sounds like a Grade A piece of shit.
  • Like 1