I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

checking in from "summer" down here. shortness of breathe, nothing else at all. no temp, no fatigue, nothing. the only other times i have had this feeling is when laying down to sleep in high altitude places like CDMX or the Andes. Feels like I am breathing through water or some shit.

Anyway, wife is the having some other symptoms but also minor. into self Q we go. 

good luck to my friends with the VID. its gonna be all good

F7pXcna7voXwEFmd2S9ZYokch4Rzbb7jS9HMF?fo

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Three weeks ago I had the most intense, frequent, high volume diarrhea I’ve ever had. It came on all of a sudden one evening. I ran a fever and got almost no sleep because even a glass of water would work through in 30-40 minutes. I was running clear after the first 6 hours and after that it was like 3 days of colonoscopy prep. 

After it resolved I felt like a million bucks and still do, and everything that comes out is beautiful like a pageant winner. 

what are we talking about?

I’m going to suggest you be more careful about what you stick up your ass.

Hope all is well and South Austin can get better! No sports on the tube sucks too!

I went out this morning to go on a “TP Run” this AM at 6:30. HEB was “open” but NO TP!!!!

Daughter called me yesterday stating that she had a $20 pack of TP at Walmart and wanted to know if I wanted it - YES, so I transfer her some money (broke college student coming home). She gets home and it’s a MFg big dozen count of paper towels! She said that it was in the aisle that TP usually is! Maybe there should be another thread for daughters (no pics), but she’s not the sharpest mentally!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hope all is well and South Austin can get better! No sports on the tube sucks too!

I went out this morning to go on a “TP Run” this AM at 6:30. HEB was “open” but NO TP!!!!

Daughter called me yesterday stating that she had a $20 pack of TP at Walmart and wanted to know if I wanted it - YES, so I transfer her some money (broke college student coming home). She gets home and it’s a MFg big dozen count of paper towels! She said that it was in the aisle that TP usually is! Maybe there should be another thread for daughters (no pics), but she’s not the sharpest mentally!

I hope for your sake she's smoking hot.

Is it possible to have had this in early February, before it was a known thing in the US?

Because reading this, I think I might have had what would be considered a moderate case

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/coronavirus-symptoms-defining-mild-moderate-and-severe

Moderate

For patients with moderate symptoms, hospitalization is unlikely unless they are having difficulty drawing a breath or are dehydrated. Signs of dehydration can include increased thirst, dry mouth, decreased urine output, yellow urine, dry skin, a headache and dizziness.

I can't remember the exact dates - maybe late January or early February, I definitely had a 7-10 days of headache and dizziness. I kind of blew it off as I was taking a new prescription which listed dizziness as a side effect (and maybe that was it), but I was definitely achy and felt dehydrated. 
Could I be patient zero in Michigan?

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

This post needs more exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Moderate

For patients with moderate symptoms, hospitalization is unlikely unless they are having difficulty drawing a breath or are dehydrated. Signs of dehydration can include increased thirst, dry mouth, decreased urine output, yellow urine, dry skin, a headache and dizziness.

sounds like a hangover. 

My condolences to your ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, staboner said:

checking in from "summer" down here. shortness of breathe, nothing else at all. no temp, no fatigue, nothing. the only other times i have had this feeling is when laying down to sleep in high altitude places like CDMX or the Andes. Feels like I am breathing through water or some shit.

Anyway, wife is the having some other symptoms but also minor. into self Q we go. 

good luck to my friends with the VID. its gonna be all good

F7pXcna7voXwEFmd2S9ZYokch4Rzbb7jS9HMF?fo

I told you guys to stay away from koalas

On 3/10/2020 at 8:47 PM, 2300 Nueces said:

Someone's trying to pull the wool over our eyes and it's not the first time.

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/news/2020-03-08-coronavirus-patient-describes-life-on-cruise-ship-in-quarantine

"Jerri Jorgensen and I experienced the rapidly rising high fever for a few hours. Mark did not. I still have a cough. Jerri and Mark never had one. I have been ranking my illness a “two” on a one-to-ten scale. If I wasn’t contagious, I would have been at work the next day."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-patient-reassure-people-190303174.html

Luckily for 65-year-old Claudio, his case of the virus was also pretty mild. He's the mayor of a town in northern Italy, where that country's outbreak is worst.

Sounds like a cold to me.

How much tax did you pay getting all your money out? Or do you not pay taxes?

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

You just got two new stay at home hobbies! Cutting that paper towel into 3-4 rolls of TP and then unclogging toilets!

55 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Wife and I were exposed last week from one of the first confirmed cases here in Denver and hung out with that person pretty closely while grilling last weekend. After we found out, we immediately self-quarantined.

Neither of us have had a fever, but both have had weird symptoms (have a congestion in my throat that hasn't decreased despite taking mucinex, allergy medicines, dayquil/nyquil) for the past week, and my wife has had an on and off headache.

Sucks not knowing whether or not we have it, but seems dumb to potentially expose health workers to it if we feel relatively fine. 

This is how a grown-up behaves y'all.

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:
11 hours ago, South Austin said:
Temperature down to 99.4. Fever and body aches kept me up most of the night. This sucks, but I’ve still had it worse with the flu.
Worst offseason ever.

How you holding up? Don't leave us in the dark.

Much better. Fever is gone, energy is up, but still a bit worn out. If this was CV, it was definitely a milder case. Still need to hole myself up for a few days to be safe, maybe longer.

This is about to take a foothold in Austin. Let’s just get it over with.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is it possible to have had this in early February, before it was a known thing in the US?

Hide contents

Because reading this, I think I might have had what would be considered a moderate case

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/coronavirus-symptoms-defining-mild-moderate-and-severe

I can't remember the exact dates - maybe late January or early February, I definitely had a 7-10 days of headache and dizziness. I kind of blew it off as I was taking a new prescription which listed dizziness as a side effect (and maybe that was it), but I was definitely achy and felt dehydrated. 
Could I be patient zero in Michigan?

It’s extremely likely.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Please don’t die. K thx bye. 

word up my homie

anyone have meds rec? i have expectorant (liquid and gel mucinex). some cough suppressant too, but I don't have a cough. wife kind of does.

anything else for this breathing crap? i have never had this feeling, i guess a chest cold like feeling. wife has had this before and thinks its normal. i think its the VID as i have never had this. its like losing 25% of your lung capacity, which is dumb to say because obv no one knows wtf that is like. 42 and 35 years old so should be ok but would like to improve breathing if i can. 

and drinking sucks. almost mirrors the feeling i had at 11k feet in the Andes. like 2 sips into my cocktail i feel worse. fuck me man. i got the shakes grrrrrrrrrrrrr

if you feeling good have a drink for me. checking in sunday midday. hey, i haven't been nuked yet. have you? word. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Much better. Fever is gone, energy is up, but still a bit worn out. If this was CV, it was definitely a milder case. Still need to hole myself up for a few days to be safe, maybe longer.

Glad you are doing better. 

From what I understand the VID is hitting everyone quite differently. I have a history with elevation making me feel crappy, so I think what I have now (breathing issues) is it. But I have no other symptoms, no fever, no temp, nothing. Maybe some fatigue, but guessing that could just be my grumpy ass mood.

I'll tell you mom you say hi

as far as the "stay in for a while" part of this, man that is where I am worried. Feels like it may be a long time. And those of us (maybe) getting it now are in for some serious homeboy time. I can see this being a CF with people trying to figure out when its safe to head out. 

Good news. Tell your mom I said what's up

32 minutes ago, staboner said:

word up my homie

anyone have meds rec? i have expectorant (liquid and gel mucinex). some cough suppressant too, but I don't have a cough. wife kind of does.

anything else for this breathing crap? i have never had this feeling, i guess a chest cold like feeling. wife has had this before and thinks its normal. i think its the VID as i have never had this. its like losing 25% of your lung capacity, which is dumb to say because obv no one knows wtf that is like. 42 and 35 years old so should be ok but would like to improve breathing if i can. 

and drinking sucks. almost mirrors the feeling i had at 11k feet in the Andes. like 2 sips into my cocktail i feel worse. fuck me man. i got the shakes grrrrrrrrrrrrr

if you feeling good have a drink for me. checking in sunday midday. hey, i haven't been nuked yet. have you? word. 

Hold off one the alcohol. (Ducks).

Let your body do what it needs to do.

Hang in there.  

• Like 1

possible I had it.  Feb 13th started to feel the sore throat.  next day(Friday) went to work but went home early feeling worse (tired, really bad coughing fits, shakes, and possible slight fever).  sleep for 3 days straight pretty much, took over the counter meds.  Tuesday felt fine except for a cough every now and then, seemed somewhat more tired than normal.  a bit  of pressure on my chest.  had the slight cough until a week ago.  now fine.

nobody in my office(small 7 people) got sick so I am glad for that.

Edited by dcar00

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

There was a nasty adenovirus going around late January, early February. Many in my office got it. Not CV as no one reported shortness of breath. Just fever and slight cough. 

probably what I had.  never had shortness of breath but it was a nasty cough

There was a nasty adenovirus going around late January, early February. Many in my office got it. Not CV as no one reported shortness of breath. Just fever and slight cough. 
This. Also, I've known a number of people in the last few weeks who were convinced they had COVID19 (met with Chinamen early before we knew what was up!!11!!11+1) and were hoarding/isolating and then later found out it was Flu A. Point being there's a decent chance all these peeps convinced they've had it and survived it simply had the flu

Just now, KaiserSoze said:
17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This. Also, I've known a number of people in the last few weeks who were convinced they had COVID19 (met with Chinamen early before we knew what was up!!11!!11+1) and were hoarding/isolating and then later found out it was Flu A. Point being there's a decent chance all these peeps convinced they've had it and survived it simply had the flu

Yes, who has been tested to say it was actual Covid?

word up my homie

I’m feeling good so I will voluntarily have a drink for you. I already got drunk earlier on the golf course today. I took a nap when I got home and now I’m sitting in the spa with a nice bourbon to keep me company. I’ll get drunk again tonight for you!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Doubt that’s what I had. I never had any respiratory or gastrointestinal issues, other than a noticeable shortness of breath, like the end of a long workout.  And not sure if was the flu. I had the flu shot (yeah, I know you can still get the flu), and when I’ve had the flu before it’s kept me down a lot longer than this.

I really wish they had testing available so I could know for sure, in the interest of better information, for me and the general public. Whatever I had, it felt miserable and knocked me flat on my ass for a solid day.  Not something I want to feel again anytime soon.

The question I have now is this—I’m about to hit 24 hours fever free. How long should I quarantine myself?  The literature seems to be all over the place on the post-symptom contagion period.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, NorthLoop said:

I'm on about day 22 of this. First week was a normal cold. 2nd week was a cold with deep respiratory coughing that hasn't let up. 3rd week was the flu, 103 fever and all. I'm almost back to normal today but the cough won't go away.

Btw wife and kids all had some form of this briefly during the last few weeks but it only lasted 3-5 days for them like it normally would. 

If I did have Covid-19 then it'll probably be out of my system by the time any testing is ever done in this country .

I'm on the trail end of exactly the same thing. Probably 4 weeks in now.

I think my mother might have had it a few weeks ago. Fever, aches, couldn’t hardly breath, some other symptoms that follow. Tested negative for flu two or three times while she was there.

Spent a couple of days at the hospital.

20 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Wife and I were exposed last week from one of the first confirmed cases here in Denver and hung out with that person pretty closely while grilling last weekend. After we found out, we immediately self-quarantined.

Neither of us have had a fever, but both have had weird symptoms (have a congestion in my throat that hasn't decreased despite taking mucinex, allergy medicines, dayquil/nyquil) for the past week, and my wife has had an on and off headache.

Sucks not knowing whether or not we have it, but seems dumb to potentially expose health workers to it if we feel relatively fine. 

Aren’t they rolling out drive thru tests in Colorado? Do y’all have access to any other avenue for tests? Haven’t kept up with other states’ access but I heard local clinics here in nyc have tests; although you have to have fever, cough before they will offer it. Hope y’all feel better soon, but seems like ya’ll are doing the right thing.