I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

3 weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with Flu A. I felt mildly feverish, some minor congestion, and severe fatigue.  Went in and got tested for Flu, negative.  I was prescribed Xofluza and went on my way.  Fever and congestion resolved in a couple days but still felt tired.  Fast forward a week (2 weeks ago) and my chest started hurting and felt like I couldn’t catch my breath.  Hasn’t gotten worse but hasn’t gotten better.  FML.

25 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

3 weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with Flu A. I felt mildly feverish, some minor congestion, and severe fatigue.  Went in and got tested for Flu, negative.  I was prescribed Xofluza and went on my way.  Fever and congestion resolved in a couple days but still felt tired.  Fast forward a week (2 weeks ago) and my chest started hurting and felt like I couldn’t catch my breath.  Hasn’t gotten worse but hasn’t gotten better.  FML.

Is your wife sitting on your chest?

9 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I've been hearing this same story from so many people.   Multiple friends reporting flu like symptoms from mid January to mid February but tested negative for flu.  All of them mention fatigue, sinus congestion and chest congestion.  Its kind of weird because they all say that it dragged on for weeks - 2-3 weeks in some cases.  

I've heard this same thing from 10 people I know closely (work, family, and friends)  All of them tested negative for flu.

mine was mid feb.  slight fever, major fatigue, really awful cough, and chills(which I never get).  slept like crazy. lasted 3 days and then i was fine except for a lingering bit of a cough and .  the small fever only lasted about 1.5 days so I never got tested for flu.

11 minutes ago, krevo said:

I've been hearing this same story from so many people.   Multiple friends reporting flu like symptoms from mid January to mid February but tested negative for flu.  All of them mention fatigue, sinus congestion and chest congestion.  Its kind of weird because they all say that it dragged on for weeks - 2-3 weeks in some cases.  

I've heard this same thing from 10 people I know closely (work, family, and friends)  All of them tested negative for flu.

My 14 year old tested positive for Flu A on Sunday, 3/8/20.  I was the only one around him for two days prior to his diagnosis.  Kept away from him other than the drive to urgent care and back.  Washed hands, Lysoled all surfaces on the regular.  Stayed home on Monday so as not to take anything he may have had to the office.  He started Tamiflu and was fever free by early morning 3/9.  I went to work on Tuesday, but started feeling a little off later in the day.  Went home, took my temp 99.8, called in sick the next day.  No sore throat.  Dry cough and achy.  No runny nose.  Teledoc prescribed Tamiflu, and I was good by Thursday, but took Friday off, too, as a vacation day (and because I was reading the COVID19 thread on the regular.  I figure I had the flu, too. 

Edited by dcbc

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

mine was mid feb.  slight fever, major fatigue, really awful cough, and chills(which I never get).  slept like crazy. lasted 3 days and then i was fine except for a lingering bit of a cough and .  the small fever only lasted about 1.5 days so I never got tested for flu.

textbook of what I and a few coworkers (and our toddlers) all just got over.  I was checking myself for fever the first three days because i was getting cold sweats but i never went above 98.7 

its been a full 7 days since i woke up with a slight sore throat and sinus congestion.  i progressively got the same symptoms you did except for fever and no cough.  feeling better by the day but definitely not 100%

Edited by krevo

7 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My 14 year old tested positive for Flu A on Sunday, 3/8/20.  I was the only one around him for two days prior to his diagnosis.  Kept away from him other than the drive to urgent care and back.  Washed hands, Lysoled all surfaces on the regular.  Stayed home on Monday so as not to take anything he may have had to the office.  He started Tamiflu and was fever free by early morning 3/9.  I went to work on Tuesday, but started feeling a little off later in the day.  Went home, took my temp 99.8, called in sick the next day.  No sore throat.  Dry cough and achy.  No runny nose.  Teledoc prescribed Tamiflu, and I was good by Thursday, but took Friday off, too, as a vacation day (and because I was reading the COVID19 thread on the regular.  I figure I had the flu, too. 

Your symptoms seem more flulike (no sore throat / no runny nose)  It's odd though.  I could've had the flu as well but not swabbed positive.  I just think it's bizarre how many people I know mentioned basically getting the flu (tired, achy, fever, etc) and rushing to the doc to get tamiflu but then swabbing negative.

9 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Similar to what I had. The breathing issues were bad. I could barely speak more than a few sentences at a time on conference calls (from home). 

I have no idea if I had it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if I did. 

20 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Similar to what I had. The breathing issues were bad. I could barely speak more than a few sentences at a time on conference calls (from home). 

has it cleared up?  how long ago?

I think it's pretty fair to assume this virus was all over the world by january/february of this year.  it broke out in late oct/nov in china, and had the entire month of december to travel around the world on airplanes.  I've been watching it since the end of December and stocking up on shit I knew would go first (canned food, lots of meat frozen, liquor and ammo)  Thankfully my wife buys our paper products on Amazon and we've got a hundred rolls of toilet paper here lol

Edited by krevo

On 3/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I was in the cheese and lunch meat area, and some 60ish year old woman leaned over the refrigerated ham case and hacked into her hand before rummaging around for the perfect ham. Then, as she pushed her cart away, she hacked right into her fucking hand again. I headed the opposite direction. No one else was close by.

I haven’t coughed into my hand for decades. It’s always into my elbow, or if I’m wearing something with a T-shirt collar, I’ll lift the collar over my mouf and cough under my shirt.

It’s a world full of damn Neanderthals, and that comes from someone who has between 1-2% Neanderthal DNA. 

But have you hacked into south Austins mom lately?

10 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I might be on this thread more often. Acoworker was just told to leave after she told the boss she came in contact with someone who tested positive with it.

I woke up last night running 102' fever and took day off. Was forwarded info from ownership that I could not come back until I had a doctors release.  While I have not (knowingly) come into contact with anyone who has, or is suspected of having CV, I am irritated but appreciative of the action.

Well, shit. Just got the news that our 59-year-old friend is in the hospital and connected to a ventilator. He and his partner have been tested but won't have results for a few days. Partner is pretty sure our friend connected to the ventilator has COVID-19. We were all at the same house party Saturday before last and as gay couples are wont to do, they kiss everybody hello. I stood directly next to and talked to for quite some time with our hospitalized friend.

I've had a nagging cough from a sinus infection that I got the previous Sunday. Missed work on that Monday and felt crummy the rest of the week. Went to the party on Saturday. Cough has never really gone away. Today was the first day we started mandatory working from the house and I've felt off today. I took my temp throughout the day and it never registered above 97. Then I find out about our friend tonight. Still no fever but I'm a little freaked out.

So trying to get the timeline down -- I might've come in close contact to an infected person Saturday before last, that's 9-10 days. Let's say he was asymptomatic the night I was around him. What's my "danger zone" as far as potentially having something blow up. My wife is slightly concerned but will not entertain full quarantine until we get confirmation of friend's case in a day or two.

Thoughts?

Edited by C-Man

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well, shit. Just got the news that our 59-year-old friend is in the hospital and connected to a ventilator. He and his partner have been tested but won't have results for a few days. Partner is pretty sure our friend connected to the ventilator has COVID-19. We were all at the same house party Saturday before last and as gay couples are wont to do, they kiss everybody hello. I stood directly next to and talked to for quite some time with our hospitalized friend.

I've had a nagging cough from a sinus infection that I got the previous Sunday. Missed work on that Monday and felt crummy the rest of the week. Went to the party on Saturday. Cough has never really gone away. Today was the first day we started mandatory working from the house and I've felt off today. I took my temp throughout the day and it never registered above 97. Then I find out about our friend tonight. Still no fever but I'm a little freaked out.

So trying to get the timeline down -- I might've come in close contact to an infected person Saturday before last, that's 9-10 days. Let's say he was asymptomatic the night I was around him. What's my "danger zone" as far as potentially having something blow up. My wife is slightly concerned but will not entertain full quarantine until we get confirmation of friend's case in a day or two.

Thoughts?

Thoughts prayers and love my friend, this crap sucks big time...

3 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

how long did that take to clear up?

checking in down here. Day 4. worse today than yesterday. the strange breathing thing is actually subsiding, finally. i'd say its at 95% or so and almost there. it pops up at night mostly when going to sleep. never in my 42 years i have i ever had that feeling. feels like someone is sitting on my chest. not cool.

today is headaches and fatigue. nothing else. no cough, no fever, nothing. a bit of malaise for sure, worst day for that. wife was originally thinking whatever and now thinks we got the VID. still don't fit testing guidelines according to VIC gov resources. gonna try to BBQ here on the patio today and make a Bday party go for the wife. 

spirits up, nukes down my friends. good luck to you mofos feeling it. it will pass soon. 

• Like 3

Had a headache yesterday and felt off, but no major symptoms. Went to work overnight and by this morning I had burning tightness in my chest that feels like cloud, a very minor sore throat, and some mild diarrhea. No Fever, although I feel warm, and no cough. Kinda freaked out after reading horror stories on the net for the last 2 weeks. To add to the anxiety, my 8 month old daughter has a fever, lethargy, diarrhea... 35, no preexisting shit or aware of any positive contacts. Any suggestions for supplements I could take help get over this?

9 minutes ago, TWHOOKEM said:

Had a headache yesterday and felt off, but no major symptoms. Went to work overnight and by this morning I had burning tightness in my chest that feels like cloud, a very minor sore throat, and some mild diarrhea. No Fever, although I feel warm, and no cough. Kinda freaked out after reading horror stories on the net for the last 2 weeks. To add to the anxiety, my 8 month old daughter has a fever, lethargy, diarrhea... 35, no preexisting shit or aware of any positive contacts. Any suggestions for supplements I could take help get over this?

Toung-in-cheek.  Sudafed.

53 minutes ago, TWHOOKEM said:

Basically what I've had since Saturday night. Sore throat is finally feeling better now, but it isn't all the way gone. I don't think it's COVID, I think it's a cold or a mild version of the flu. But then, I'll never know (unless I catch COVID later on). 

I’m a first responder in Northwest Harris county just found out one of the patients we came in contact with last shift turned out positive for covid19 the whole crew was in full ppe because of symptom screening and I’m being told it was a low risk exposure and to self monitor.....had to call my crew and tell them

8 hours ago, TWHOOKEM said:

expectorant my G. keep it outta your chest. thats the biggest challenge IMO, especially if you happen to have a history of chest colds or the bronch

19 hours ago, krevo said:

has it cleared up?  how long ago?

I think it's pretty fair to assume this virus was all over the world by january/february of this year.  it broke out in late oct/nov in china, and had the entire month of december to travel around the world on airplanes.  I've been watching it since the end of December and stocking up on shit I knew would go first (canned food, lots of meat frozen, liquor and ammo)  Thankfully my wife buys our paper products on Amazon and we've got a hundred rolls of toilet paper here lol

Buy a bidet you fucking savage 

• Like 1

I just found out someone a few doors down in the office has been exposed to multiple positives. We frequently visit and I was definitely in his office within the time frame. Hitting a little close to home surly family. I’ll be further reducing my excursions. I feel fine but I don’t want to risk others. Will update if that changes.

5 hours ago, staboner said:

expectorant my G. keep it outta your chest. thats the biggest challenge IMO, especially if you happen to have a history of chest colds or the bronch

Thanks! I’m also trying to get my hands on some chloroquine. It’s worth a shot. Both me and wife have had a full day of tight chest and shortness of breath. 

23 hours ago, TWHOOKEM said:

Been seeing a lot of these same symptoms posted.  Same thing I got last Tuesday and as of today the tightness in my chest has gone away.  I started taking Mucinex yesterday and that seemed to help alot.  

Whelp. Sore throat, fever of 101°F, generalized body aches. It's been 9 days since I was out in public, though, so I'm thinking it's not likely "it". Still, we have received groceries, a couple of UPS packages, and US Mail. And my wife went to Home Depot on Sunday for some "oops" paint. She typically sprays everything down with alcohol though, anyway, because she's been a germophobe her entire life.

I am thinking this will blow over by morning, but if it doesn't, someone send my regards to South Austin's mom.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Whelp. Sore throat, fever of 101°F, generalized body aches. It's been 9 days since I was out in public, though, so I'm thinking it's not likely "it". Still, we have received groceries, a couple of UPS packages, and US Mail. And my wife went to Home Depot on Sunday for some "oops" paint. She typically sprays everything down with alcohol though, anyway, because she's been a germophobe her entire life.

I am thinking this will blow over by morning, but if it doesn't, someone send my regards to South Austin's mom.

Do you have one of these? 

delete-my-browser-history-%3Cp%3Ejust-in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 10:35 PM, krevo said:

my mother went on a cruise from NYC to London in late october and also spent some time in france.  got sick on the trip, fever, cough, lasted about three weeks.  tested negative for the flu.  now she's convinced she was a covid.

Just now, futureman said:

my mother went on a cruise from NYC to London in late october and also spent some time in france.  got sick on the trip, fever, cough, lasted about three weeks.  tested negative for the flu.  now she's convinced she was a covid.

Impossible. That doesn't fit the "it's China's fault" narrative. And, frankly, since China was almost definitely actually at fault, I'm inclined to think she was lying to you to cover up her massive hangovers.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

Well good thing her ship wasn’t taken down by a German U-boat. She should be fine since that was about 80 years ago 

• Like 1

So wife has been feeling a little off and came down with slight fever (100.9) and is freaking out. She’s Wondering if we need to sleep in different rooms. It seems like if it’s Covid, I’m already screwed since we’ve been in close ;) contact.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George said:

So wife has been feeling a little off and came down with slight fever (100.9) and is freaking out. She’s Wondering if we need to sleep in different rooms. It seems like if it’s Covid, I’m already screwed since we’ve been in close ;) contact.  

is your avatar your wife?

Have had a runny nose for about 5 days now, and yesterday started feeling the first tickles in my throat with light sneezing. Woke up today with a raw throat and moderate phlegmy coughing. No fever, aches, or shortness of breath at this point. Never had allergies and received the flu shot this year. Everything points to a common cold, but guess I’m not going anywhere for a while just in case. Probably going to have a lifetime supply of flies tied when all is said and done. 

Yikes.

I feel so petty even saying I have any symptoms of anything at this point. Still low grade fever, still a sore throat -- ordinarily, I would have headed to the Dr. to get swabbed to check for strep, but now, I figure if it really is bacterial, I'm just gonna have to wait for fever and vitamin C to do the trick, because I'm not getting within 10,000 yards of a medical facility unless I really have to. Too many people out there right now who need too few doctors.

We had a weird thing rip through our household of 6 from mid-Feb to early March.  Mild fevers for most, dry cough and fatigue for everyone.  None of us got to the "shortness of breath" point, though.  Varying degrees of sinus congestion, no sneezing or watery eyes (i.e., not allergies).

I dismissed it as a cold or unvaccinated flu.

Now I wonder.  We've all recovered, but that cough was fucking real, and lasted 2-3 weeks for most of us.

Stay healthy, my friends.  (Easier said than done.)

12 hours ago, George said:

Damn. Me too.  Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We had a weird thing rip through our household of 6 from mid-Feb to early March.  Mild fevers for most, dry cough and fatigue for everyone.  None of us got to the "shortness of breath" point, though.  Varying degrees of sinus congestion, no sneezing or watery eyes (i.e., not allergies).

I dismissed it as a cold or unvaccinated flu.

Now I wonder.  We've all recovered, but that cough was fucking real, and lasted 2-3 weeks for most of us.

Stay healthy, my friends.  (Easier said than done.)

I had the same late January/early February. Wasn't a sinus condition as I had gone through that from Christmas to New Years. In fact, the second time I almost wanted to mention the C virus (still only in China at that time) but didn't want to sound like a hypochondriac. I play at some of the local cardhouses and plenty of players were traveling to and from China around the holidays, making me wonder about it more than once now.

Was joking with my co-workers this week (healthcare) telling them that I have already been exposed and all the sani-wipes that we are using at work are causing me more problems than anything else....🤷‍♂️