I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

Interesting: https://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/dr-acton-new-symptoms-of-covid-19-include-gi-issues-fatigue-no-fever/

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — During Tuesday’s press conference, Dr. Amy Acton provided new numbers regarding the coronavirus, new symptoms and encouraged people who don’t feel well to stay home.

“if you don’e feel well in any way, just stay home,” Dr. Acton said.

She stressed the importance of staying home in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, which will in turn lower the number of people who need to go to the hospital. Dr. Acton said hospitals in Ohio are at 60 percent capacity and they will need to build extra capacity to treat patients.

Dr. Acton said new symptoms are arising including gastrointestinal tract issues and fatigue. She said even if you don’t have these symptoms or other symptoms related to COVID-19 and still don’t feel well, then you should still stay home.

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said “we clearly don’t have enough capacity as it stands today” and that they will use buildings that are already in place to treat more patients.

Edited by C-Man

Day 14 i think. I had 4 days of no symptoms, while the wife was sitting at 80% to 90% daily, with a cough, lethargy and some slight headaches. Last night it all came back yet again - shitting myself every hour or so and breathing got as hard as it has gotten this entire 2 weeks. 

Still don't qualify for testing as we haven't traveled, haven't been hanging out with a confirmed travelered, don't have a fever and haven't been hospitalised. 

giphy.gif

So yeah, still thinking I have the VID as this is all new for me, but whatever. Getting some work done and today is a beautiful sunny day. Hang in there my friends. 

• Like 2

I got sent home from work today due to someone I’m working with being tested for Corona Virus. The doctor told them that it would take six days to get the test results back. I’m isolated at the house and can’t get back into work until we get results back or 14 days has passed. Luckily I do a lot of work from home, but I can’t do everything. Either Corona virus will kill me or my wife will before this is over. I’ll be digging deep into the Netflix thread over the course of the next 6 days.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, staboner said:

Day 14 i think. I had 4 days of no symptoms, while the wife was sitting at 80% to 90% daily, with a cough, lethargy and some slight headaches. Last night it all came back yet again - shitting myself every hour or so and breathing got as hard as it has gotten this entire 2 weeks. 

Still don't qualify for testing as we haven't traveled, haven't been hanging out with a confirmed travelered, don't have a fever and haven't been hospitalised. 

giphy.gif

So yeah, still thinking I have the VID as this is all new for me, but whatever. Getting some work done and today is a beautiful sunny day. Hang in there my friends. 

My symptoms seem to come and go over the course of 14 days.  I'm on 16th day since feeling sick and I still have sporadic stomach growling, and the runs occasionally.  (but I did just finish a course of ABs)

If I still have the squirts after day 20 - I'm calling the doc again.  Otherwise I feel completely normal now.  No chest tightness coming and going, no tiredness, no aches or anything.  Was outside taking care of the lawn today and felt great to sweat and get some sun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EE2B said:

Corona Virus.

What's that?

I posted (accidentally thinking it was this thread) in the medical discussion thread after having fever, headache, and chills/fatigue set in on Tuesday. Also had a minor instance of diarrhea. Temp got as high at 103, only then did I take any Tylenol, otherwise just let the fever run. I set up an appointment with ARC on Wednesday hoping to get a flu test. To my surprise, the doctor tested me for covid as well, right there in the office, saying that they're seeing very few flu positives at this point in the year. Flu test was indeed negative, but she said they send their tests to CDC and it's currently taking 8-9 days. Fortunately I have been pretty good about social distancing/working from home the past two weeks, so I have basically no close personal contacts. I have been to the grocery stores a couple times though. I'm obviously on a hard quarantine at least until I get that test result. Sucks for my border collie.

Fever broke late afternoon/early evening yesterday and haven't had one at all today. No fatigue either - I could have gone for a run - and the headache is only minor. I've not yet had any major respiratory symptoms. A minor tickle in my throat/chest did start up today, but no cough or anything. Feels more upper respiratory than deep in the chest. Lungs were clear and had a oxygen level of 98 at the doctor's office yesterday. I had pneumonia a few years back, certainly don't feel anything like that yet.

Could be that it's setting on gradually. I have also read that there are a decent number of cases who improve before the shit hits the fan, so maybe I am just climbing up to the top of the coronacoaster, ala aggy.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, krevo said:

My symptoms seem to come and go over the course of 14 days.  I'm on 16th day since feeling sick and I still have sporadic stomach growling, and the runs occasionally.  (but I did just finish a course of ABs)

If I still have the squirts after day 20 - I'm calling the doc again.  Otherwise I feel completely normal now.  No chest tightness coming and going, no tiredness, no aches or anything.  Was outside taking care of the lawn today and felt great to sweat and get some sun.

you sound good man. Happy to hear you are out and about and getting some sunshine

I got sent home from work today due to someone I’m working with being tested for Corona Virus. The doctor told them that it would take six days to get the test results back. I’m isolated at the house and can’t get back into work until we get results back or 14 days has passed. Luckily I do a lot of work from home, but I can’t do everything. Either Corona virus will kill me or my wife will before this is over. I’ll be digging deep into the Netflix thread over the course of the next 6 days.

NowThis May have some movie suggestions.

Anyone in Austin able to get tested? The online teledocs will recommend you for testing if you have symptoms.

The problem is that you need a doctor recommendation PLUS known contact with a COVID positive person to be eligibile for testing. This is how Baylor is screening people out in order to save tests.

Looks like we’re fucked if we can’t prove contact with a positive person. Huge Catch-22 here. 

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Anyone in Austin able to get tested? The online teledocs will recommend you for testing if you have symptoms.

The problem is that you need a doctor recommendation PLUS known contact with a COVID positive person to be eligibile for testing. This is how Baylor is screening people out in order to save tests.

Looks like we’re fucked if we can’t prove contact with a positive person. Huge Catch-22 here. 

Pretty sure GMR said he went to ARC and they tested him for flu and covid19 on the spot.

3 hours ago, krevo said:

Pretty sure GMR said he went to ARC and they tested him for flu and covid19 on the spot.

I went to ARC Wednesday before last and they had their screening tent up and were asking questions. I'd had a runny nose that cleared up. They let me pass. I appreciate the precautions.

4 hours ago, MrBig said:

4 hours ago, krevo said:

They did. I was really surprised. They definitely aren't advertising it. If you scroll down their COVID page (https://www.austinregionalclinic.com/health-library/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-faqs) it basically says it's at the discretion of the physician. I haven't been in contact with anyone sick and only had a low grade fever by the time I went to the doctor on Wednesday. Did not have a cough. I'm 27 and don't have underlying health issues so I am not generally considered high risk. I was just hoping to get a flu test, but the doctor was very proactive about testing me for coronavirus as well.

My 89 year old grandma was admitted to a Houston hospital on Tuesday with Pneumonia and high blood sugar and was tested for COVID. Came back negative and was kept until today due to trouble breathing. Thought for sure she was a goner with all the news, her age, and other conditions. She had been staying in the Woodlands where a man a few blocks over had tested positive as well. Been a whirlwind few days, I hope anyone who’s been feeling down gets better.

• Like 5

Sent my boss the notice from my complex about the confirmed case and my current symptoms of runny nose and fever/hot flashes.

He called and said nice try, but get your ass in here. If he replies to the notice I emailed telling me to come in, I will. Otherwise this shit wont be on me if I spread it.

Make a great news story and law suit.

Edited by MissingInAction

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Sent my boss the notice from my complex about the confirmed case and my current symptoms of runny nose and fever/hot flashes.

He called and said nice try, but get your ass in here. If he replies to the notice I emailed telling me to come in, I will. Otherwise this shit wont be on me if I spread it.

Make a great news story and law suit.

Your boss is a piece of shit.

• Like 8

My wife was in NYC two weeks ago.  I almost posted in the Wives thread because every time a symptom was released she'd suddenly have it (Hear my dry cough? Feel my forehead. Ugh, diarrhea. I can't smell the tacos!)   She go tested two days ago, result: positive.

So the kids and I must have it.  Asked the doc if we should get tested also and he said no, just quarantine for 14 days, let him know if anyone gets sick.

No symptoms, nada, other than the desire to drink more.  Which is nice.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

My wife was in NYC two weeks ago.  I almost posted in the Wives thread because every time a symptom was released she'd suddenly have it (Hear my dry cough? Feel my forehead. Ugh, diarrhea. I can't smell the tacos!)   She go tested two days ago, result: positive.

So the kids and I must have it.  Asked the doc if we should get tested also and he said no, just quarantine for 14 days, let him know if anyone gets sick.

In some respects, if your family gets through the next 2 weeks with minimal symptoms, it’s behind you somewhat.  At least temporarily if not long term.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In some respects, if your family gets through the next 2 weeks with minimal symptoms, it’s behind you somewhat.  At least temporarily if not long term.  Good luck. 

Thanks.  We've been quarantined two weeks already, since we knew she had potential exposure.  We'll tack on another two but I think we would have shown something by now (or soon).  No underlying conditions, so I think we'll be in the 80% with minor impact.

Anyone that's been to NYC recently or associated with someone that has been is 100% exposed.  Act accordingly.

I know this shit is serious but she's now quarantining herself and wearing surgical gloves.  Honey, cat's out of the bag.

Edited by Mach 1
  • Like 3

Damn good luck to you and your better half. Can’t wait for the stories for the wives thread

57 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Thanks.  We've been quarantined two weeks already, since we knew she had potential exposure.  We'll tack on another two but I think we would have shown something by now (or soon).  No underlying conditions, so I think we'll be in the 80% with minor impact.

Anyone that's been to NYC recently or associated with someone that has been is 100% exposed.  Act accordingly.

I know this shit is serious but she's now quarantining herself and wearing surgical gloves.  Honey, cat's out of the bag.

Have you considered killing your wife and burying her somewhere? No one here is going to point fingers.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, Casual Encounter said:

Don’t believe so. One of the docs on here mentioned death cases where the person had the flu, strep, and COVID.

That happened in the case of the first known  death outside China of a man from Wuhan visiting the Philippines who had the flu, strep, and Covid. Although interestingly, the woman traveling with him only tested positive for Covid. She probably had recovered from the flu and strep prior to being quarantined when her boyfriend went to the hospital. 

5 hours ago, Mach 1 said:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help it.  Of course, you & your family are in my (anonymous) positive thoughts.

I blew my wife's mind today when she was expressing relief that none of us have any symptoms after two weeks of (mostly) isolation, and I told her every day that goes by she incurs higher risk on those rare trips to the grocery store.  It had never occurred to her that her odds of catching C19 were far lower last week than they are today.  Sorry, honey, we have 7 people living under one roof -- we're all gonna get it.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I told her every day that goes by she incurs higher risk on those rare trips to the grocery store.

This is a very good point, which is why I don’t make fun of the folks who wear masks when I’m at the grocery store, and why during my HEB run tomorrow morning I’m going to try to shop for a full week.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, gmr548 said:

They did. I was really surprised. They definitely aren't advertising it. If you scroll down their COVID page (https://www.austinregionalclinic.com/health-library/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-faqs) it basically says it's at the discretion of the physician. I haven't been in contact with anyone sick and only had a low grade fever by the time I went to the doctor on Wednesday. Did not have a cough. I'm 27 and don't have underlying health issues so I am not generally considered high risk. I was just hoping to get a flu test, but the doctor was very proactive about testing me for coronavirus as well.

Interesting.  I was on a work trip 2 weeks ago with someone who has since tested positive, and they said as long as I don't have a fever or anything, no test.  Quarantine 2 weeks and call us if you show symptoms.

At this point I'm assuming our family had it and was one of the lucky few that was largely unaffected.  I'm sure that means we'll actually catch it at some point in the near future.

Interesting.  I was on a work trip 2 weeks ago with someone who has since tested positive, and they said as long as I don't have a fever or anything, no test.  Quarantine 2 weeks and call us if you show symptoms.
At this point I'm assuming our family had it and was one of the lucky few that was largely unaffected.  I'm sure that means we'll actually catch it at some point in the near future.
Yeah, I thought I'd be SOL because I had no travel or contacts with anyone sick. It's all wack. Glad y'all are doing well though.

Much like yesterday, I feel totally fine today... except the diarrhea has come back. Almost had to go to the shart thread. Feel like I remember another poster reporting that being on and off again for weeks. Cool.

Posted from the shitter

• Like 2

I was in Nashville for corporate meeting first of February.  Flew out of DFW.  About a week later started with low grade fever and chills.  Three days after that woke up face significantly swole up with inflamed salivary glands and began experiencing pretty nasty headaches. At this point my temp was around 102.  Went to doc and the tested for flu and an assortment of viral tests but everything came back negative and my blood showed mumps antibodies.  Felt a little tightness in my chest/difficulty breathing but that went away pretty fast.  Total brain fog for two days but no cough.  I’m sure it wasn’t the corona but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.  

Edited by stork642

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

I was in Nashville for corporate meeting first of February.  Flew out of DFW.  About a week later started with low grade fever and chills.  Three days after that woke up face significantly swole up with inflamed salivary glands and began experiencing pretty nasty headaches. At this point my temp was around 102.  Went to doc and the tested for flu and an assortment of viral tests but everything came back negative and my blood showed mumps antibodies.  Felt a little tightness in my chest/difficulty breathing but that went away pretty fast.  Total brain fog for two days but no cough.  I’m sure it wasn’t the corona but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.  

Uh, sounds like it was mumps.

brief update from down unda. say day 16 i think. was trucking along and healing i thought but went downhill 2 days ago, and then last night was awful. after about 4 days of no symptoms i ended up having the worse breathing night of this whole ordeal. without any understanding of what "call the amberlamps" level bad was too feel like - i just sat here lost and really freaked out. too some sedatives to try and druged myself to sleep. finally happened at like 5AM.

Wife is mayb 90% now, and doing better than me. i'll take it.

had a tele-doc today and got some antibiotics. the thinking that i am likely over the virus but now have an infection my lungs. like way at the bottom. the feeling is different now (than say last week) so i am hoping i guess that is right. and the ABs starting kicking in. fuck me. i did ok for the first week or and held my own but this last round of hard breathing is wearing me out man. it is a fucking shitty feeling to sit there feeling like you can't get enough O2.

ya'll hang in there. me too. a happy immune system to you all

• Like 7

Been getting my ass worked off the past week or so.  No slowdown at work and I had to be there.  Wore gloves, washed my hands religiously, but all my coworkers thought it was nonsense and haven't been taking it seriously at all.

Had to go in yesterday and developed a dry cough.  It rapidly progressed to a sore throat, fever, shakes, sweats, fatigue, etc.  However, I'm already feeling better today.  Still feel like crud, but no shortness of breath and my symptoms are improving. 

So who the fuck knows if I have the Rona or not?  Told the boss I'm isolating myself until all my symptoms go away and he can just deal.  I'm not going to be responsible for one of my many Boomer coworkers getting it and dying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staboner said:

brief update from down unda. say day 16 i think. was trucking along and healing i thought but went downhill 2 days ago, and then last night was awful. after about 4 days of no symptoms i ended up having the worse breathing night of this whole ordeal. without any understanding of what "call the amberlamps" level bad was too feel like - i just sat here lost and really freaked out. too some sedatives to try and druged myself to sleep. finally happened at like 5AM.

Wife is mayb 90% now, and doing better than me. i'll take it.

had a tele-doc today and got some antibiotics. the thinking that i am likely over the virus but now have an infection my lungs. like way at the bottom. the feeling is different now (than say last week) so i am hoping i guess that is right. and the ABs starting kicking in. fuck me. i did ok for the first week or and held my own but this last round of hard breathing is wearing me out man. it is a fucking shitty feeling to sit there feeling like you can't get enough O2.

ya'll hang in there. me too. a happy immune system to you all

I had double pneumonia when I was young, early twenties. It was at the bottom of my lungs and they missed it until the took a second chest X-Ray. It almost killed me and I was very healthy non smoker, no other conditions. I'm no doctor, but please monitor yourself very closely. I was <100 pounds when I was released and it took two months before I could handle stairs. 

It messed up my lungs for a long time and I always get the flu shot now that they have one.

• Like 1

I think a lot of "at risk" people will be surprised when antibody tests finally start to become available. 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, MrBig said:

I think many folks who can't get a test right now will be vindicated when antibody tests finally become available.

The positive rate on the current tests is low and I'm sure not having contact reduces that number even further (probably by a lot), but there have got to be some people who do have it and aren't getting tests.  

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Uh, sounds like it was mumps.

Because I had mumps antibodies in my blood doc said it wasn’t mumps.  Meaning I had already had the mumps or had the vaccine hence the antibodies.  Anyway, just thought it was weird all around especially given what’s going on these days. 

9 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I think a lot of "at risk" people will be surprised when antibody tests finally start to become available. 

I think many folks who can't get a test right now will be vindicated when antibody tests finally become available.

The positive rate on the current tests is low and I'm sure not having contact reduces that number even further (probably by a lot), but there have got to be some people who do have it and aren't getting tests.  

What’s the estimated timeline for antibody test for corona?

17 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Some people is an understatement. There are millions that have/had it and never got a test.