I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

UPDATE:  Called my local pedo, gave him a rundown of symptoms and the medications I’ve been taking, which I must admit is excessive, even in these times.  I also provided a very detailed family medical history, which includes a small amount of mental illness, exotic tropical disease and what even what I would call an excessive amount of AEA death.  He insisted that what I told him was very worrying and asked that I never call again.  I’ll mark that down as a negative test.

And your rectal bleeding?

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

@Foosters

@Wulaw Horn

Kiddos better today?

Yea man, thanks for asking. She's still under the weather, but much better. Nothing as frightening as Wulaw's kid, but I had never seen her shiver like that before. Loud teeth chattering and couldn't even get her PJs on until we wrapped her up and she stopped shaking. Fever hit 103.4.

I don't think its Covid-19, only because it would mean an asymptomatic carrier (who almost certainly would have had to have been me) passed it to her. Of course that's possible, but I think it's more likely she picked up something random in the garden or dirt or something. 

Kinda hoping it actually is the virus IF the worst has already passed.

I got the antibody test today and tested negative. I've been fighting a respiratory infection for several weeks and finally scheduled a tele-visit. The doctor wanted me to get the test because I clearly have a respiratory virus, and I probably got it from a family member who brought it back from traveling in Asia in late January - early February. Big peace of mind to know it's not corona.

• Like 1

Welp. I have a slight fever and dryness of throat. Also something appears to be attacking my red blood cells because I'm becoming dizzy and beginning to experience an itchy rash.
Call a doc yet?
Thanks for asking. Whatever this poison inside of me is it quickly did work on my central nervous system as I had severe muscle spasms and the inevitable drooling. At that point my entire digestive system collapsed and that was accompanied by uncontrollable flatulence. As I type this I have been reduced to a quivering wasted piece of jelly.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Boobs said:

I had severe muscle spasms and the inevitable drooling. At that point my entire digestive system collapsed and that was accompanied by uncontrollable flatulence. As I type this I have been reduced to a quivering wasted piece of jelly.

Sounds like you ate at Taco Bell.

• Like 2

My brother just sent me a text.  He was at my folks; they sent him out to get some groceries.  Comes home an hour later, and mom now has a fever and is in bed.

She's 73 w/lung issues.  She got out of the house a week ago to go for a car ride with dad.  No visitors to the house other than my brother in the past 2 weeks.  

Not a good feeling about this at all.

My brother just sent me a text.  He was at my folks; they sent him out to get some groceries.  Comes home an hour later, and mom now has a fever and is in bed.
She's 73 w/lung issues.  She got out of the house a week ago to go for a car ride with dad.  No visitors to the house other than my brother in the past 2 weeks.  
Best wishes to you and your family.
  • Like 1

• Like 1

Fucking hell... this all happened today?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Tell her to kick its ass. 

• Like 1

If you need to take her in call ahead and ask for protocols.  Many have a COVID tent etc.  Also you may be able to get a teledoc visit if needed.  Does she wear supplemental Oxygen?  Can get a pulse ox at walgreens/cvs for cheap.  If she has sats 90% or over,  and her fever is 103 or under you can likely watch her closely.  I'd avoid a fever reducer unless she goes above that 103 then you probably need to consider taking her in with the underlying lung issues.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncle Boobs said:
2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

34 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Fucking hell... this all happened today?

31 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Tell her to kick its ass. 

27 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If you need to take her in call ahead and ask for protocols.  Many have a COVID tent etc.  Also you may be able to get a teledoc visit if needed.  Does she wear supplemental Oxygen?  Can get a pulse ox at walgreens/cvs for cheap.  If she has sats 90% or over,  and her fever is 103 or under you can likely watch her closely.  I'd avoid a fever reducer unless she goes above that 103 then you probably need to consider taking her in with the underlying lung issues.  

Thank you all.

Chitown, I passed along what you sent verbatim to her; I'm hoping she heeds it.

She does not wear supplemental oxygen.  Talked to her a few moments ago; her fever broke so she took a bath and claims to feel better.  Can smell and taste, for what that is worth.

She's had a mild to moderate cough for decades (non smoker).  Says her cough is no different than normal.

What sucks is she and dad are a couple of hours away, and brother lives near.  But brother is almost worthless; gets rattled easily, immature, and generally in situations like this is more of a hindrance than a help, simply because he just locks up and can't focus, etc.

The real kicker here?  She says they have not had a thermometer in years, so she doesn't know what her temp was.  I texted brother and told him to go out tonight and look for one someplace; and hell, if necessary borrow one (sanitize it, of course) from a neighbor.  Then told my mom that if brother strikes out, to let me know so I can get one and drive it to her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Thank you all.

She does not wear supplemental oxygen.  Talked to her a few moments ago; her fever broke so she took a bath and claims to feel better.  Can smell and taste, for what that is worth.

She's had a mild to moderate cough for decades (non smoker).  Says her cough is no different than normal.

What sucks is she and dad are a couple of hours away, and brother lives near.  But brother is almost worthless; gets rattled easily, immature, and generally in situations like this is more of a hindrance than a help, simply because he just locks up and can't focus, etc.

The real kicker here?  She says they have not had a thermometer in years, so she doesn't know what her temp was.  I texted brother and told him to go out tonight and look for one someplace; and hell, if necessary borrow one (sanitize it, of course) from a neighbor.  Then told my mom that if brother strikes out, to let me know so I can get one and drive it to her.

Yep, good plan.  Definitely get a thermometer.  For me and many others the anosmia (loss of smell) hit at the end of after the illness was pretty much over.  I really never thought I was sick then had the loss of smell and was thinking, I guess I had a small cough last week?  Couldn't really pin down when the hell I had it.  Anyways, don't count on that symptom too much in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Thank you all.

My mom doesn't have a thermometer either. She's sick with something or other all the time. I found that really odd. Best of luck you your mom. Hopefully it's something else minor. Sounds like she's doing well given the circumstances.

I got my test on Saturday, 10 days after the fact. Negative, so that's good I guess. Took so long it doesn't really change anything.

Not real surprised with how mild my illness was. I was almost hoping for a positive to be able to volunteer/donate blood and to get the PTO I took covered.
  • Like 1

Had a cough for the last week or so. I’m 35 living in an apartment building. Was alerted at 3:30 today that the woman above me is positive. Her, me, and 3 other people use the same staircase to get in and out. I don’t know that I’ve bumped into her as she remains anonymous. However I found a way to get tested today. 99% chance I don’t have it but I’ve been around dozens of people over the last 2 weeks. She was taken by ambulance from the building today. 

what is craziest to me is that I alerted the health department and stated that I had been exposed and exposed others. They said if I didn’t show ALL symptoms they would not recommend I go for testing. Given the amount of people I have contact with I cannot believe we aren’t taking a more active approach. Test me, if I’m positive I can alert the 50 people I’ve been in contact with. Instead they said “you probably don’t have it” and told me to go about my business until I am in a condition that needs hospitalization. A proactive postitive test for me could potentially help hundreds of problem but they wanted nothing of it. I found a drive through clinic that was certified and tested me for $250. 

fuck our system. This is going to be a problem until we are proactive with treatment. Essential businesses make up 50% or more of the population. It won't die down until we make sure healthy people are the only active people and unhealthy people are taken care of. 

What clinic did u pay for yesting?

F

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

My mom doesn't have a thermometer either. 

PSA: I assume that thermometers are very difficult to purchase anywhere at this point.  At least ones under $30. Online you're limited to the thermometers guns that run over $75 or expensive "regular" thermometers that are sold to women to monitor their ovulation times.

The point being that don't think you can head over to Walgreens and CVS and pick up a $5 thermometer. You won't. Those have been bought for use or online resale.

Amazon does have cheap thermometers that are set to be shipped in June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

What clinic did u pay for yesting?

There are some drive through clinics in Tulsa. I used MCI Diagnostic center. They hanged $250. I’d search for “drive thru independent lab covid”. The Tulsa health department told me to make sure the lab is CLIA certified. 

I was negative which personally I think is a good anecdote. The guy I’ve been playing golf with 2-3 times a week is married to a nurse who treats covid patients specifically.  If I don’t have it then he probably doesn’t have it and I didn’t get it from being in the same room as someone infected. 

3 minutes ago, Digdogger said:

Asking all the doctors in here for a friend, is it dangerous to use a rectal thermometer as an oral thermometer?

Not a doctor but I eat a lot of ass. Just spray some flavored lube on it and you’ll be good. 

Mrs. Brat has been feeling “off” for at least two weeks complaining about being cold. Not much new about that, but she is 74 with no underlying issues except to take a bp med. However, late this afternoon she said she felt weird and was experiencing a cold sweat. We’ve taken her temperature with the digital thermometer four times in three hours - it ranges from 95.2 - 95.6. Her bp was 134/74.When she used our reliable home machine. She does not exhibit or feel any other symptoms. She sat at the dinnertable this evening wrapped in a blanket. The house temp is 73.

I’m thinking she has not slept well for a night or two, so maybe she’s just a bit tired. But because of age, the continued cold sweat after a couple of hours, and her temp still being low, I am concerned enough to phone her doctor’s office tomorrow. Unfortunately, her primary care doctor recently moved, and she has not chosen another physician from that particular office. I hope they will be able to schedule a phone/video consultation with one on their staff. She is on Medicare-Humana.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

That sucks man, hope your mom is alright. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jhawk said:

Not a doctor but I eat a lot of ass. Just spray some flavored lube on it and you’ll be good. 

You ded. 

Published: 25 March 2020

INFECTION

COVID-19: faecal–oral transmission?

Jordan Hindson 

Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology (2020)Cite this article

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, which causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), first emerged in China in December 2019 and has now spread worldwide, with a reported 351,731 confirmed cases and 15,374 deaths as of 23 March 2020 according to John Hopkins University. The infection is typically characterized by respiratory symptoms, which indicates droplet transmission. However, several case studies have reported gastrointestinal symptoms and/or evidence that some patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection have viral RNA or live infectious virus present in faeces, which suggests that another possible route might be faecal–oral transmission.

Update on mom.

Beats the hell out of me.  She work up, felt great.  Felt like organizing her closet, then went outside and did some garden work.  No temp today (brother came through in the clutch with a thermometer).  

Of course, she just thinks it was nothing, and maybe it was.  But damn.  A inherited lung issue that she's had for going on 30 years + her age + a highly aggressive respiratory virus that has no cure doesn't mean you can just think everything is just "nothing".  Of course, this is the same woman that 3 years ago, stepped off the edge of her sidewalk, tripped and fell on her right hip on the sidewalk.  Broke it.  After three days, she finally was convinced that maybe she needed to go to hospital.  Half a dozen screws and 6 weeks of therapy and she was her old self. She thinks she is impervious to, well, anything.

Thank you everyone for listening.  And for everyone else dealing with this, or think they may be, or have a loved one they are worried about or has this, T & P.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

It's much more effective if you do it the other way around.

I've heard that you can use a meat thermometer and some lube. Just be careful of the pointy end and have someone read it while it is in place because it may not hold temperature for very long.

On 4/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, Mikey4 said:

I got the antibody test today and tested negative. I've been fighting a respiratory infection for several weeks and finally scheduled a tele-visit. The doctor wanted me to get the test because I clearly have a respiratory virus, and I probably got it from a family member who brought it back from traveling in Asia in late January - early February. Big peace of mind to know it's not corona.

Where did you get the antibody test?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I've heard that you can use a meat thermometer and some lube. Just be careful of the pointy end and have someone read it while it is in place because it may not hold temperature for very long.

anything can be a rectal thermometer if you're brave enough

On 4/5/2020 at 2:37 PM, Uncle Boobs said:

Thanks for asking. Whatever this poison inside of me is it quickly did work on my central nervous system as I had severe muscle spasms and the inevitable drooling. At that point my entire digestive system collapsed and that was accompanied by uncontrollable flatulence. As I type this I have been reduced to a quivering wasted piece of jelly.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:13 AM, Mikey4 said:

man thats crazy. i am a bit shocked that you are happy its negative. i would want positive for sure. 

anyway, what a coincidence. i can't wait to get the antibodies test done. i hope i had it for sure. don't want another respiratory infection fuck me

good luck @Foosters @Wulaw Horn @Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Mrs. Brat has been feeling “off” for at least two weeks complaining about being cold. Not much new about that, but she is 74 with no underlying issues except to take a bp med. However, late this afternoon she said she felt weird and was experiencing a cold sweat. We’ve taken her temperature with the digital thermometer four times in three hours - it ranges from 95.2 - 95.6. Her bp was 134/74.When she used our reliable home machine. She does not exhibit or feel any other symptoms. She sat at the dinnertable this evening wrapped in a blanket. The house temp is 73.

I’m thinking she has not slept well for a night or two, so maybe she’s just a bit tired. But because of age, the continued cold sweat after a couple of hours, and her temp still being low, I am concerned enough to phone her doctor’s office tomorrow. Unfortunately, her primary care doctor recently moved, and she has not chosen another physician from that particular office. I hope they will be able to schedule a phone/video consultation with one on their staff. She is on Medicare-Humana.

Lots of telehealth options Brat.  And if she's 74 and that's all she has going on...even if she has it, that's a win.  She's doing well.  Fluids and sleep.  

• Like 1

Update on mom.

Beats the hell out of me.  She work up, felt great.  Felt like organizing her closet, then went outside and did some garden work.  No temp today (brother came through in the clutch with a thermometer).  

Of course, she just thinks it was nothing, and maybe it was.  But damn.  A inherited lung issue that she's had for going on 30 years + her age + a highly aggressive respiratory virus that has no cure doesn't mean you can just think everything is just "nothing".  Of course, this is the same woman that 3 years ago, stepped off the edge of her sidewalk, tripped and fell on her right hip on the sidewalk.  Broke it.  After three days, she finally was convinced that maybe she needed to go to hospital.  Half a dozen screws and 6 weeks of therapy and she was her old self. She thinks she is impervious to, well, anything.

Thank you everyone for listening.  And for everyone else dealing with this, or think they may be, or have a loved one they are worried about or has this, T & P.  

Very nice.  Great to hear these updates 

Well, I'm worried i might have it now. I've been congested the past few days with a little sneezing. Today I felt like I hit a brick wall. Low grade fever, body aches, and fatigue. I'm hoping it's mainly due to me not getting a lot of sleep moving from days to nights for work.

I think my wife may have fucked us. I requested one fucking thing: don't go to stores and don't go see friends. That's it. Let me go to the stores. Let me take the risk because I can ramp up and be super OCD about this. 

Well she disobeyed and went to see two friends at their houses over the last 2 weeks and went to Walmart twice. Now she's had two days of feeling cold, sore throat, and overall feeling fatigued and muscle aches. 

I'm scared shitless. Don't feel anything different yet but seriously considering going today to buy a pistol and ammo so if this thing gets really bad for me I can kill myself before the worst symptoms of the pneumonia distress start. 

If I'm fortunate and don't get sick very badly I'm leaving her as soon as possible and filing for divorce. She showed she can't even put my or her own health and life ahead of her selfish desires to see her friends. That's unforgivable. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

22 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Gonna kill your self over something you probably have a 99.98% chance of surviving?

I meant if it gets so bad that I start having severe respiratory distress and will probably die anyway. Not if I just feel bad. I have to start not being able to breathe bad because my lungs are filling with fluid, but if that were to happen I'd rather die by bullet than drowning on my own blood and fluids

And if it gets that bad and it's her selfish stupidity that caused me to die I might put one in her head too. Words can't describe how badly I hate this bitch now for doing this. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3