I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

10 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

So,  my aunt died tonight.  She was a recluse, but she usually replied to texts, particularly with pics of my sisters kids, she loved to like the photos on text messages.  But no one heard from her for a few days.  There were inquiries made, and she hadn’t been at work for a few days.  Didn’t call in sick, just didn’t show up (her job was considered essential).  So my dad and uncle went over to her place, and she was dead.  Visual evidence would indicate that she was coughing up blood in her bed.  Did she die of Corona?  No idea, because the Collin County ME’s office declined to do an autopsy.  So my father and uncle, who are extremely unlikely to press the issue, just had her shipped straight to the funeral home.  Do with that information what you will.

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. 

What kind of shake down shit is this?  Most major insurance companies and Medicare are all covering with no patient out of pocket costs. 
I don't think that's even legal lol.  It's gray at best. 
Isn't total Men's clinic just a front for testosterone dealers? 

I've always been under the impression those "mens clinics" were just a way to pedal unnecessary testosterone treatment and make ridiculous money doing so, no? Not hard to imagine them taking a similarly shady approach here.

He’s back as A’dam Psycho. Go back and look at his posts in the Cowboys thread and it’s pretty obvious. He also joined the day after JM’s meltdown or close to it.

I've seen some pretty garbage takes out of that handle, so that checks out.

30 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I've always been under the impression those "mens clinics" were just a way to pedal unnecessary testosterone treatment and make ridiculous money doing so, no? Not hard to imagine them taking a similarly shady approach here.

Those are all cash.  You can do a lot more taking only cash.  Taking cash AND billing insurance can be a problem and definitely IS a problem with cash and Medicare.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hate said:

He’s back as A’dam Psycho. Go back and look at his posts in the Cowboys thread and it’s pretty obvious. He also joined the day after JM’s meltdown or close to it.

You may be correct about the rest, but he joined April 8, 2018.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

So,  my aunt died tonight.  She was a recluse, but she usually replied to texts, particularly with pics of my sisters kids, she loved to like the photos on text messages.  But no one heard from her for a few days.  There were inquiries made, and she hadn’t been at work for a few days.  Didn’t call in sick, just didn’t show up (her job was considered essential).  So my dad and uncle went over to her place, and she was dead.  Visual evidence would indicate that she was coughing up blood in her bed.  Did she die of Corona?  No idea, because the Collin County ME’s office declined to do an autopsy.  So my father and uncle, who are extremely unlikely to press the issue, just had her shipped straight to the funeral home.  Do with that information what you will.

All my sympathies bro, that's a tough one.

20 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Really sorry to hear that.  Condolences.

Entering day 4 of being super achy w a low fever and headache. Highest I've measured so far has only been 100.9. Most of the time it's been in the mid 99s and dropping to normal sometimes in the day. No cough, breathing seems ok. SpO2 pretty steady at ~98%. No other symptoms except I feel like crap w lots of muscle aches. I'm mid 40s. 

I'd think it was something else but w everyone locked down it seems unlikely other stuff is widely spreading? We've been self isolating since mid March in my house w just trips to the store and being pretty careful wiping everything down we buy. 

I cleaned out some clogged sink drains over the weekend and touched a bunch of gunk and dirty water. At first I thought maybe I got a bug from that, but seems less likely now too.

2 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

Entering day 4 of being super achy w a low fever and headache. Highest I've measured so far has only been 100.9. Most of the time it's been in the mid 99s and dropping to normal sometimes in the day. No cough, breathing seems ok. SpO2 pretty steady at ~98%. No other symptoms except I feel like crap w lots of muscle aches. I'm mid 40s. 

I'd think it was something else but w everyone locked down it seems unlikely other stuff is widely spreading? We've been self isolating since mid March in my house w just trips to the store and being pretty careful wiping everything down we buy. 

I cleaned out some clogged sink drains over the weekend and touched a bunch of gunk and dirty water. At first I thought maybe I got a bug from that, but seems less likely now too.

Hope you're okay BBA.  Aches and low fever and headache, all happen to me this time of year just because of seasonal allergies.  Have you ever had those before?  'Tis the season, as they say.

• Like 1

Thanks utee94. I've never really had allergy problems, knock on wood - 25 years in Austin.

Normally I'd take some Advil and likely feel ok enough to function w the symptoms I'm having, but I've been hesitant to knock this fever down in case it is Covid, figuring the fever is helping my body fight it. 

My grandpa is probably going to die while we're still sheltering in place. Not from COVID, just starting to look like his time. Royally sucks. Before this, he rarely went more than a couple of days without seeing a member of his family. His short term memory is shot, so he probably feels like it's been years since anyone has come to see him. The phone in his room went out, but no one on the care staff that's still allowed to see him seems capable of setting up a new modem.

Dude flew planes off aircraft carriers in WWII, lived on one of his dozen or so boats for months at time commercial fishing in Alaska, and spent his retirement years driving all the way down Mexico's coast to spend 6 months in a small fishing village near Puerto Vallarta...every winter, just he and my grandma, into their late 80's. But now he's likely going to die alone and confused. I guess a similar fate awaits a lot of us, but this quarantine stuff really exaggerates that reality.

• Like 5

That’s terrible. I have a 99 year old Grandpa in a nursing home in SA. He hasn’t been able to see anyone in a month and a half. His memory is pretty much shot, but all 4 of his kids live within an hour of him and made regular visits. He doesn’t do smartphones and everyone in my family says that a phone call will confuse him and make him even more agitated. He falls regularly because he won’t use a walker (too proud I guess as. WWll vet). It breaks my heart to think of my Grandpa being alone during these times. I hope he can last long enough to have some visitors again before he does pass away.

• Like 5

Sorry about your Grandpas' situations Aggie and Hate. That really sucks. 

Day 4 of whatever I have has sucked ass. Fever the same, constant around 100 give or take a few tenths. But the fatigue has set in with a massive friggin headache all day. And I've mostly lost my appetite which was ok up until today. Still no cough, chest pain, or breathing difficulties; so that's good. 

I'm considering giving in and taking some Tylenol, not sure I can take the headache much longer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Sorry about your Grandpas' situations Aggie and Hate. That really sucks. 

Day 4 of whatever I have has sucked ass. Fever the same, constant around 100 give or take a few tenths. But the fatigue has set in with a massive friggin headache all day. And I've mostly lost my appetite which was ok up until today. Still no cough, chest pain, or breathing difficulties; so that's good. 

I'm considering giving in and taking some Tylenol, not sure I can take the headache much longer. 

Have you talked to your doctor?  If so, what did he or she say?  If not, I think you should talk to your doctor. 

7 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

Username does not check out.

Edited by South Austin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hate said:

Do you still have your sense of smell and taste?

I continue to cup my own farts and smell them daily, as my own self testing

It should be noted that I have been self testing since I was 9

Edited by Digdogger
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Welp,  after being cleared last week, I’m still self quarantined and still testing positive for corona.  Have had 2 positive tests over the last week.  Fuck this virus and China in the goat ass.

Any symptoms at all or just testing positive?

Third the motion for aggie to start a grandpa thread because I want to make fun of all these people with your normal seasonal common cold who are looking for attention without threadjacking a really poignant direction that this thread went over the last page 

"I'm running a fever and coughing"

Do you have a loss of taste or smell?

"no"

What about a cough? Are you coughing at all?

"No, just like a 101 fever and a runny nose"

That sounds like a cold. 

"Nope definitely Coronavirus, Imma ingest some colloidal silver"

Edited by BradInATX

I've had scores of colds. What I have now isn't one. There are tons of people, it appears, who become infected w coronavirus w minor or no symptoms. We really don't know that much about it yet, nor do we know how widespread it is because we can't get tests. But it seems to transmit pretty damn easily. 

I didn't post my symptoms to get attention, I posted to exchange information w others who may have had similar symptoms or maybe get advice/perspective. And because even w mild symptoms of whatever, it's a little scary to have a fever you can't kick running for now 6 days straight in the middle of a pandemic. You lay in bed for days sick at this time and at some point you start thinking what-ifs about it turning worse and seeing your kids grow up and shit like that. 

• Like 4

Anyway, my update. Paid for a useless tele visit w an ARC doc Friday where they didn't know what might be wrong but prescribed Zyrtec despite me having no significant congestion. 

My symptoms haven't really changed, still the low, persistent fever. Still none of the scary lower respiratory symptoms, so that's good. 

But the headaches have become excruciating at times. Like nothing I've ever experienced. Always on the right side, and the skin of my scalp is almost painful to the touch, like the nerves are inflamed. They're the kind of headaches that really throb when you stand up or move around. I've stayed well-hydrated, so don't think that's a factor.

Anyway, we'll see what day 7 brings. Hopefully this thing will start winding down soon. 

1 hour ago, BillyBadAss said:

But the headaches have become excruciating at times. Like nothing I've ever experienced. Always on the right side, and the skin of my scalp is almost painful to the touch, like the nerves are inflamed. They're the kind of headaches that really throb when you stand up or move around. I've stayed well-hydrated, so don't think that's a factor.

This describes my Austin allergy fits. During this quarantine, I’ve had two rounds that were painful headache under my right sinus/temple, aching in front and back of skull, dry cough, on and off low fever. The first round in early March coincided with the runs so I thought maybe I was a low grade COVID, but I very much doubt it. Had another run of this last week. 

I don't think the runs are a symptom unless they've changed that view recently?  So that might actually be a good sign. In a bad way. :)

Hope you're ok @BillyBadAss, I'm not doctor but if the pain is really that bad, at this point I think you could probably take some kind of painkiller.  On this thread or another one, there was discussion to stay away from NSAIDs like ibuprofen and aspiriin, and use Tylenol (acetaminophen) instead.  Good luck!

11 hours ago, bluto said:

motion for aggie to start a thread about his grandpa

That's actually a really good idea.  I knew that my story didn't really fit in here, but I didn't know where else to put it.  It would be comforting to hear more from people in Hate and I's position and share stories.  I'll create one...

I don't think the runs are a symptom unless they've changed that view recently?  So that might actually be a good sign. In a bad way.
Hope you're ok

Diarrhea/gastro issues are considered a symptom, they just only show up in like 5-10 percent of cases.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Utee94, murf, 

When you guys get allergies like that I assume your nose is clogged, sniffling, blowing constantly, etc.? Or is it not like that? 

I think allergies really seem to hit people differently.  For me I can sometimes get a runny nose, but the most common and annoying symptoms are body aches, sometimes a headache though nothing as severe as you're describing, fatigue, and really, REALLY itchy eyes.  

Pollens including oak have obviously been high recently, and molds spike when it rains, which we've had pretty frequently this Spring.  I've been affected by both this season.

Zyrtec works maybe a little, but Benadryl really seems to be the only thing that knocks it down, and even that doesn't last long.  

38 minutes ago, BillyBadAss said:

Utee94, murf, 

When you guys get allergies like that I assume your nose is clogged, sniffling, blowing constantly, etc.? Or is it not like that? 

It is not like that necessarily. I've woken up with sinus headaches the last few days and have minimal congestion. My ears are little clogged and I have some minimal asthma. We have a cat that I am slightly allergic to that is more than likely causing my issues. Personally, I don't think your issues are allergies, but there is no doubt that a sinus infection would cause lethargy, a headache, and low-grade fever.

1 hour ago, BillyBadAss said:

Utee94, murf, 

Often stuffy/clogged, but rarely runny or blowing nose. I do sneeze frequently on peak allergen days. Headaches are my most severe symptom. If I drink 3 (non-Bud Light) beers the night before an allergy spike, I have a hangover like I drank 3 bottles of wine. 

Anyway, my update. Paid for a useless tele visit w an ARC doc Friday where they didn't know what might be wrong but prescribed Zyrtec despite me having no significant congestion. 
My symptoms haven't really changed, still the low, persistent fever. Still none of the scary lower respiratory symptoms, so that's good. 
Anyway, we'll see what day 7 brings. Hopefully this thing will start winding down soon. 

username does not check out

3 days now of lethargy. Slight congestion with small amounts of phlegm in the back of the throat. Very infrequent coughing to try to clear it. This is an unusual mix for me. 

Zero fever. Zero body aches. Zero stomach issues. Appetite still there. Just feel crappy from lethargy. I wouldn't think this is it but after reading how out of the thousands on the USS Roosevelt 60 percent of the positive tests have no or very light symptoms who knows. 

No one in their right mind would waste a test on me for this so just going to pop a little CBD into my dynavap to help fight the lethargy and roll on

3 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

I was in Italy for most of February.  Came down with a cold a few days after returning home.  It was pretty much a standard cold, except with a lot more fatigue.  Lasted around 5 days.  Colleague of mine I was travelling with came down with similar symptoms on the same day, but his symptoms lasted several days longer.  I never did get a high fever or bad cough, so I did not think much of it since those were the two most common symptoms given at the time for CV.  Now I'm reading that many do not experience high fever or bad cough.  Should I bother getting tested?  I don't want to waste testing & resources, but I've read they are looking for plasma donations from those who have recovered.  

I wouldn't bother until better antibody testing becomes widely available.