I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

On 4/24/2020 at 1:22 AM, workswithseed said:

When I had to go see a doc for my broken finger a week ago. The place made me take a temp test where it was 99.6, but they still let me in.

They have a range up to 100 degrees for normal but I think it depends on each person's normal operating temperature. Mine is always in the 97.3 to 97.8 range so a 99.6 for me probably means I'm running hot. For you it could be just your normal range. 

Well, I either have Covid already or will get it shortly. Roommate received positive test results today, took the test 3 days ago. He went out and slept with his girlfriend even though she'd been "feeling sick". "But she was on the upswing so though it was okay." Pussy is undefeated, good fucking god. 

Now I just want to get shitfaced, but that probably won't help my immune system. 

• Like 1

An article in the Washington Post yesterday discussed how doctors are seeing a surge in serious strokes among otherwise healthy 30, 40 and 50 year olds. So add signs of stroke (sudden symptoms such as slurred speech, confusion, a 'dead' feeling arm, and drooping on one side of the face) to your personal watch list of covid symptoms.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:43 PM, boknowstecmo said:

Well, I either have Covid already or will get it shortly. Roommate received positive test results today, took the test 3 days ago. He went out and slept with his girlfriend even though she'd been "feeling sick". "But she was on the upswing so though it was okay." Pussy is undefeated, good fucking god. 

Now I just want to get shitfaced, but that probably won't help my immune system. 

Jeez, have you kicked your roommate out yet or left the place?

I can't imagine the hell of living with an irresponsible twit during all this.

27 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Jeez, have you kicked your roommate out yet or left the place?

I can't imagine the hell of living with an irresponsible twit during all this.

He's also the landlord, so I can't exactly kick him out. I can't leave anywhere because the likelihood that I already have it is so high that I would not dare risk anyone else. I'm stuck here, and hopefully I don't get it. 

I'll definitely get it. 

On 4/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, boknowstecmo said:

Why wait?  You should probably just fuck her too, since that's how the whole thing got started.

Least they could both do really imo

• Like 1

I'm actually getting a COVID-19 test today.  But not because I have any symptoms.

My vasectomy is proceeding next week as scheduled.  But with the lifting of restrictions on elective procedures, CDC guidelines mandate that all patients get a COVID-19 test before the procedure, even if they experience no symptoms.  Thankfully I was able to get a test scheduled this afternoon with my primary care physician.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get the results back, and theoretically I could still get the virus anytime after the test right up to the procedure.  But at least I'll be able to go through with getting my junk snipped and not worry about getting anybody knocked up.

• Like 1

I had a severe respiratory infection back in November, right after Thanksgiving. The week before I had been at a conference in Orlando.

Horrible dry cough, low grade fever, no energy at all, difficulty breathing. After a week of that shit I went to the dr, no flu test, no strep, hadn't heard of Covid yet,  I got some cough syrup and a ZPack. Cough lasted another month, but after the ZPack, I felt way better.  

On 4/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, boknowstecmo said:

Roommate's girlfriend owes you a good time.

56 minutes ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

I had a severe respiratory infection back in November, right after Thanksgiving. The week before I had been at a conference in Orlando.

Horrible dry cough, low grade fever, no energy at all, difficulty breathing. After a week of that shit I went to the dr, no flu test, no strep, hadn't heard of Covid yet,  I got some cough syrup and a ZPack. Cough lasted another month, but after the ZPack, I felt way better.  

Lots of folks with that history, including the timing, including me and another attorney in my office.  Exact same story -- main issue was the long, lingering cough.  Unfortunately, I'm now thinking that it was different enough from COVID that it was just another seasonal cold/coronavirus.  I mean, various colds circulate each season, wouldn't be unusual.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love it if we'd already been through the fire on this one.  I"m just doubting it.

Lots of folks with that history, including the timing, including me and another attorney in my office.  Exact same story -- main issue was the long, lingering cough.  Unfortunately, I'm now thinking that it was different enough from COVID that it was just another seasonal cold/coronavirus.  I mean, various colds circulate each season, wouldn't be unusual.
Don't get me wrong - I'd love it if we'd already been through the fire on this one.  I"m just doubting it.
November seems like it'd be early to attribute to covid. It was just emerging in China then. Not impossible I suppose, but something else is far more likely. Odds of covid would be astronomical at that point.
Here's a lab that has the home collection kit for the Anti-body COVID test that my company (telemedicine) is integrated with.
You don't need a doctor's order to get the test. Use MTM345 as the coupon code during checkout to void the blood draw fee.
https://www.fairpricelabs.com/ and search home collection COVID test.
Seems legit

22 hours ago, gmr548 said:

November seems like it'd be early to attribute to covid. It was just emerging in China then. Not impossible I suppose, but something else is far more likely. Odds of covid would be astronomical at that point.
Seems legit

Right?

I just got back from my antibodies test through Quest. Called my PCP yesterday to ask about it and the PA immediately set it up and ordered the test through Quest. Went to Margo Perot building at Presby for 2:30 appointment and I was out the door five minutes later. Easy peasy. Find out in 24-48 hours. BTW, they didn't do a finger prick -- they stuck my arm and took an entire vial.

22 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Seems legit

Right? I don't think I'd waste my time on any test-at-home kits. Sounds like these are coming available. Call your doc and see about getting one that's FDA-approved.

I just got back from my antibodies test through Quest. Called my PCP yesterday to ask about it and the PA immediately set it up and ordered the test through Quest. Went to Margo Perot building at Presby for 2:30 appointment and I was out the door five minutes later. Easy peasy. Find out in 24-48 hours. BTW, they didn't do a finger prick -- they stuck my arm and took an entire vial.

Edited by C-Man

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Right?

Well, clearly they're planning on cloning you and replacing you with an improved version.  Thoughts and prayers.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Regarding body temperature -- I read an article a few weeks back that indicated the average human body temperature has dropped almost a full degree from 98.6 F over the past few decades. 

I have no idea if it was quackery or what.

No, I read something very similar. It was discussed In this thread perhaps or in the large COVID-19 thread (more likely).

Regarding body temperature -- I read an article a few weeks back that indicated the average human body temperature has dropped almost a full degree from 98.6 F over the past few decades. 
I have no idea if it was quackery or what.
Climate control, sedentary life, who knows. Could be. It definitely varies between individuals, and throughout the day. I found I only get close to that at the high end.

I am still experiencing upper lung pain when I cough that is like bronchitis pain, but without any other bronchitis symptoms anymore. It feels like my upper lungs are messed up and not getting better after a month. I am wondering if it is the damage from a covid infection given how persistent it is. My O2 levels are normal for me as I happened to bring an oximeter with me in January 2018.

Note that I had a flu-like illness in January when something swept through the bargirls and expats and I recall some girls saying they thought it came form China. My Ex-gf probably gave it to me. After the initial flu-like symptoms passed I had a dry cough for 5 or 6 weeks and about halfway through that I started experiencing bronchial pain.  One of my friends, a former HS football coach from the Dallas area had the same progression but a week or so ahead of me.  

I have not heard of any case studies that follow this progression but I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience. Unfortunately, while antibody tests are available here now the plan of action is to put anyone who tests positive into a group quarantine with a bunch of sick Filipinos. So fuck that.

Our nurse friend tested negative today, but everyone is pretty sure she is positive (she has been working COVID floors).  Her reward is a few weeks furloughed.   Don't know why they bothered testing her if the result is the same.

Edited by JBJ

Hot damn.. well that’s 3 now. Where do you send the test to?

Nvm thought you posted the link to the lab site

Had many symptoms a month ago after direct contact with positive test but no fever so couldn’t get test. Called PCP and they ordered test thru Quest yesterday. Had test this afternoon and just got notification on my phone that results were in and boom, positive.
  • Like 2

I am still experiencing upper lung pain when I cough that is like bronchitis pain, but without any other bronchitis symptoms anymore. It feels like my upper lungs are messed up and not getting better after a month. I am wondering if it is the damage from a covid infection given how persistent it is. My O2 levels are normal for me as I happened to bring an oximeter with me in January 2018.
Note that I had a flu-like illness in January when something swept through the bargirls and expats and I recall some girls saying they thought it came form China. My Ex-gf probably gave it to me. After the initial flu-like symptoms passed I had a dry cough for 5 or 6 weeks and about halfway through that I started experiencing bronchial pain.  One of my friends, a former HS football coach from the Dallas area had the same progression but a week or so ahead of me.  
I have not heard of any case studies that follow this progression but I was wondering if anyone has a similar experience. Unfortunately, while antibody tests are available here now the plan of action is to put anyone who tests positive into a group quarantine with a bunch of sick Filipinos. So fuck that.
My son had upper respiratory issue in early February that turned into bronchitis. Got over it with meds but he still needs an inhaler around 8pm each evening or after any kind of activity to help breathe like he has asthma. He's never had a hard time breathing previously and is it tip top shape.

My son had upper respiratory issue in early February that turned into bronchitis. Got over it with meds but he still needs an inhaler around 8pm each evening or after any kind of activity to help breathe like he has asthma. He's never had a hard time breathing previously and is it tip top shape.

I’ve started keeping a temperature log using my iPhone. I’ve switched to an oral thermometer that is more precise than than the forehead one I was using. Haven’t felt feverish in over a week and my temperature swings haven’t been as drastic. I’ll try to work my insurance to see if I can get an antibody test. 

Just now, Apep said:

I’ve started keeping a temperature log using my iPhone. I’ve switched to an oral thermometer that is more precise than than the forehead one I was using. Haven’t felt feverish in over a week and my temperature swings haven’t been as drastic. I’ll try to work my insurance to see if I can get an antibody test. 

try rectal.  precise and fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Had many symptoms a month ago after direct contact with positive test but no fever so couldn’t get test. Called PCP and they ordered test thru Quest yesterday. Had test this afternoon and just got notification on my phone that results were in and boom, positive.

Test was for antibodies, yes?  Not the virus itself, correct? 

Right? I don't think I'd waste my time on any test-at-home kits. Sounds like these are coming available. Call your doc and see about getting one that's FDA-approved.

You can actually go direct through ques with no referral needed. Labcorp is rolling out too, with physician referral. I am not sure how good their tests are though. It would seem, similar to the diagnostic tests having a significant false negative rate, many antibody tests are experiencing false positives, mistaking antibodies for other coronaviruses.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/health/coronavirus-antibody-tests.html

Just got my anti-body blood test back. I had it. I’ve got the anti-bodies.
Missed this. Glad to hear it? I feel like you'd rather have had it and been through it than not.

Didn’t someone mention here that the anti-body test wasn’t accurate?

Some look to be more accurate than others. I'm not sure which ones quest and labcorp are using.