I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

6 minutes ago, drt said:

Sorry, sarcasm meter broken.

In all fairness, it was an actual thing somebody here said happened back in the early days of the Coronas.  It's probably on Page 5 or 10 of this very thread.  I was joking a little bit and alluding to that.

I will definitely believe that a lot of people in those ZIP codes that are obviously being hit the hardest in Centex, either don't have options, or don't know they might have options, to get testing.

But I also think that pretty much anyone actually posting on this message board, has a lot of options, and likely knows how to make use of them.  The first discussion should be with your doctor.  They're paid to look out for your health.  People above the age of 22 that don't have an active relationship with a primary care physician, really need to get one.  

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Sister (60ish) and mother (90ish) of co-brother in law (husband of my sister in law) just tested positive in San Antonio.

Scary, plus I hate how old typing that makes me sound.

Tested positive due to feeling poorly - or just tested?  I'd love to hear some 60s and 90s asymptomatic stories.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Sister (60ish) and mother (90ish) of co-brother in law (husband of my sister in law) just tested positive in San Antonio.

60ish person started symptoms on June 28.  90ish on June 30.  Low grade fever, coughing, sore throat.  No fever today, symptoms of cough abating.  Both "feel fine" but waiting for for second wave of symptoms.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, DDD Dad said:

Just got this email from my brother [McCombs MBA] who lives in FL:

"Hi Guys,

Wanted you to know that [his son] and [his gf] have both tested positive for COVID-19 as of today.  Most likely they got it from [gf's] dad who recently returned from the North East and is also positive as is his wife. Since they live with [her parents], it is not surprising they are positive.  [GF's mom] is the chief ER Nurse at the local hospital which could also be the infection point, but honestly it doesn’t really matter where they got it.  [Son] and [GF's mom] are currently mostly asymptomatic, but [gf] has a loss of taste or smell that is also associated with the virus.  Unfortunately, [gf's dad] (60) is not doing well.  He was hospitalized the day before yesterday and will probably go on a ventilator today.

I have told [our mom] about the positive test results, but not about [gf's dad] being hospitalized.  I think it wise to give her information in small doses at this point not to exacerbate her already high stress level over the pandemic.  Please keep that in mind with any communications you may have with her and share that concern with any other family members that you may inform."

Gut punch.

Damn. How long did it take the 60 y/o to end up on a vent? 

17 hours ago, gmr548 said:
18 hours ago, DDD Dad said:
Daughter thought she was exposed (new beau). Quick test today was negative but positive for Flu B?!?

So... You're saying it's just the flu?

Apparently not even (or maybe both).  She tested again today and was negative for both.  Weird.

Welp the wife (no pics) and I tested positive today. We both feel really achy, sore, small cough, headache. She has a Lo grade fever and diarrhea, I don’t yet.

We’re both early 40’s, no underlying for her...I have hashimoto’s thyroidosis and type 1 diabetes. My blood sugars have been bad today, really high, which happens when I get sick.

Any ideas what we are in for from here?

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that, Horn of Gabriel. It seems like people's experiences are all over the board, but the vast, vast majority recover without anything more than over-the-counter treatments, and lots of patience. Hopefully you're already past the peak and start to feel better asap. Follow your doc's advice. Keep us posted if you can, and stay positive optimistic!

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, tantric superman said:

60ish person started symptoms on June 28.  90ish on June 30.  Low grade fever, coughing, sore throat.  No fever today, symptoms of cough abating.  Both "feel fine" but waiting for for second wave of symptoms.

As of yesterday, 60ish person feeling fine.  90ish person has taken a turn for the worse.  99.8, weak, loss of appetite.

So, I just talked to my younger brother in Seattle and after some small talk and me prying a little (because I’m his older brother and give myself license to be a dick like tha) he tells me in an “oh, by the way...” manner that he has covid and has bee battling it for the past 2 weeks. 
He said that everyday a new symptom will flare up: one day he will be so achey he can’t get out of bed, the next he will have a high fever, the next abdominal distress. Evidently because his symptoms aren’t necessarily life threatening the hospital told him to stay home and monitor his shit. If it gets too bad he should come in. He seems to be on the final leg of it fortunately, but has been told he will need an eeg and ekg in the next month or so to determine the damage that has been done to his system. I’ll update with details when I get them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

Day 2 & 3 update from Horn of Gabriel & wife?

We're still alive!  Days 1-2 I couldn't tell you much about, because I basically slept.  Seriously I slept almost 24 hrs from Monday around noon and work up Tuesday at 11am.  I was up for a few hours Tuesday but really drained.  Full body aches, headache, low-grade fever, dry cough, nausea, diarrhea.  The worst though I just feeling like you got run over by a truck.  Now today, Wednesday, my cough is less but my energy is just shit.  Just getting out of bed to sit at my desk and browse surly I can only do for an hour or two before I need to lay down again.  I'm not out of breath or have any issues there but I have low appetite, and no energy.  It's hard to sleep at night because of the aches and when you're in bed 16 hrs a day you get uncomfortable.  But...better today than day 1.

Wife is 3-4 days ahead of me in terms of symptoms - she's got some energy back, still low though.  She's also lost her taste and smell.

• Like 6

Not sure if this is the right thread but wife and I both developed dry coughs yesterday, with some mild headaches and body aches. Her much worse than me. Son was also coughing a bit. We don't have it - she was tested today and it came back negative already (it was expedited). But - WTF is it? I have never caught a cold in the summer and I don't have allergies. Is there something else going around? Is it a five day hangover from the 12 Taco Cabana margaritas I drank? 

Anyone else dealt with anything similar?

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Think you should give it more than a day to go get tested..maybe try again Saturday

She has been feeling bad most of the week, as have I, but no cough, just headache/muscle ache. So whatever it is has been around for several days. 

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

She has been feeling bad most of the week, as have I, but no cough, just headache/muscle ache. So whatever it is has been around for several days. 

You should start the grandpa thread that you mentioned earlier in this one 

Day 4/5 update...

Got worse before i got better. Day 4 took a big dip in terms of every and nausea. Was probably in bed for 16 hrs. Something as simple as getting to the bathroom and back to bed was really draining. Sleep is really fucked up because you’re so drained you HAVE to be in bed, but you’re in bed so much that you are uncomfortable no matter how you’re positioned.

Finally on Thursday night I was able to get some real sleep. Woke up today and felt a lot better. Cough is down 80%, but still there. Aches are down 60% but no pounding headache. Appetite is coming back. My energy is probably only 30-40% of normal.

Seems like these symptoms come in waves so one day you’re up and the next you’re down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

On 7/9/2020 at 5:30 PM, BradInATX said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but wife and I both developed dry coughs yesterday, with some mild headaches and body aches. Her much worse than me. Son was also coughing a bit. We don't have it - she was tested today and it came back negative already (it was expedited). But - WTF is it? I have never caught a cold in the summer and I don't have allergies. Is there something else going around? Is it a five day hangover from the 12 Taco Cabana margaritas I drank? 

Anyone else dealt with anything similar?

Which test did you do?  Our clinic said the rapid test is good at showing postives, but a negative had a good chance to be incorrect, and should be confirmed by the longer test. I wrote this somewhere else, but there are so many threads I’m not sure if i directed it at you. Our employee the was negative on the quick test Monday (with fever and having been around covid positive) came back positive today on the longer test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Which test did you do?  Our clinic said the rapid test is good at showing postives, but a negative had a good chance to be incorrect, and should be confirmed by the longer test. I wrote this somewhere else, but there are so many threads I’m not sure if i directed it at you. Our employee the was negative on the quick test Monday (with fever and having been around covid positive) came back positive today on the longer test. 

Assume she did the rapid test, since she got it back in 8 hours.

Not a bad idea. But the standard testing in Austin is an absolute donkey show, from what I hear.

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Day 4/5 update...

Got worse before i got better. Day 4 took a big dip in terms of every and nausea. Was probably in bed for 16 hrs. Something as simple as getting to the bathroom and back to bed was really draining. Sleep is really fucked up because you’re so drained you HAVE to be in bed, but you’re in bed so much that you are uncomfortable no matter how you’re positioned.

Finally on Thursday night I was able to get some real sleep. Woke up today and felt a lot better. Cough is down 80%, but still there. Aches are down 60% but no pounding headache. Appetite is coming back. My energy is probably only 30-40% of normal.

Seems like these symptoms come in waves so one day you’re up and the next you’re down.

happy to hear you are on the up and up. but yes mind the ups and downs. i had many up and down cycles and it was worse at the end of the second week. good luck. 

8 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Thanks - tell me more about your experience. I’m about to enter week 2.

I'm on page 5 or 6 of this thread. I have never been confirmed to have it as I couldn't get tested in March. Still can't get antibodies tests eithere where I live. I do still think I had it as the symptoms were all unique for both me and my wife and were pretty unpleasant. Took round about 2 months before I got from 90% breathing to 100%. i ended up with an infection in my lungs though (minor) and took anitbiotics. That was my day 13 spike and it was the worse. Saying that it was so much up and down and different symptoms almost every day for 2 weeks. One say a headache and can't get off the couch. Next day I have energy but can't stop shitting all day long. Next day breathing was very difficult. Next it felt like my head was in vice grips. Very strange experience. 

For me the closest thing that I could relate it to was altitude sickness, which is something I am sensitive too. 

Good luck man. Was just making the comment to you to ensure you maintain a level head and even if you feel good one day that can change. 

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

@Horn of Gabriel

Got an update?

Hopefully my last update...

M-Th last week was shitty.  See above updates.  Friday I started feeling better.  Energy was back up, nausea went away.  By Sunday and through to today Tuesday, I'm feeling like a million bucks relatively - my energy is 95% and the only lingering symptom I have is a light and intermittent cough.  I did work out with some light weightlifting last night and felt pretty winded, but I also have been nursing a groin pull so I've been off for several weeks and it's hard to say how much is COVID and how much is just being off.  I do feel like it's hard to take a really deep breath, if I try to force my lungs full of air, it starts a coughing fit.  When things calm down if I'm not back to 100% I'll see about getting a scan to look for damage, but just sitting around the house, playing with the kids or working on the computer, I feel fine at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

One of my colleagues got her antibodies results back, and she has them. That’s the second person I know who has antibodies who didn’t test positive, but was sick in Jan/Feb in NYC.

We have a guy at work that was sick around Feb, got pretty bad off about 2 months ago and tested negative for it twice but tested positive for the antibodies.

Wife has started to have shortness of breath and a headache.  I had a blistering headache yesterday, and I typically don't get them.  She's going in for a test this afternoon.  If she's positive, the rest of us will get tested.  I had an antibodies test about 10 days ago as part of a routine blood test I get every 14 weeks.  I won't hear until Thursday, but I'm guessing it will come back negative.