I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

5 hours ago, Nope said:

Anybody else having issues with this cold air post-covid? 

I “recovered” a couple weeks ago but after going outside with my kid for a bit today, it took me almost 3 hours to feel like I had caught my breath. Scary stuff...

I’ve been doing ok. No issues with me or my wife at all.

Best of luck to you though. It’s a weird illness and takes some time to get back to normal for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

I never had any lung/breathing issues. Nobody I've known has had a fever even, which makes me think the temp scans as the only line of defense is foolish.

The COVID headaches were a real thing though and the lethargy and brain fog was maybe even more annoying than the loss of taste and smell.

Just so weird how it affects everyone so differently.

Well, shit, my daughter's bestie has it, and my daughter says she can't taste, and I've been cooped up with her through most of the last ten days, soooo....testing tomorrow. 

I am hoping that whatever I caught back in December was enough like Covid to where I have some level of ability to cope with this. Or maybe it was covid; they keep moving the arrival date earlier and earlier. We shall see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

I never had any lung/breathing issues. Nobody I've known has had a fever even, which makes me think the temp scans as the only line of defense is foolish.

The COVID headaches were a real thing though and the lethargy and brain fog was maybe even more annoying than the loss of taste and smell.

Just so weird how it affects everyone so differently.

This was my biggest issue.  Seems like my thought process was slowed down to the point of a turtle.  I had a high fever for 3 days or so (spiked at 102 for 6 hours) but other than that, fatigue, lethargy and brain fog were the worse.  Never had a headache.  Never had a positive test either.  But I did get a positive antibody test.

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

This was my biggest issue.  Seems like my thought process was slowed down to the point of a turtle.  I had a high fever for 3 days or so (spiked at 102 for 6 hours) but other than that, fatigue, lethargy and brain fog were the worse.  Never had a headache.  Never had a positive test either.  But I did get a positive antibody test.

DA7C12FB-3353-4BC3-AEB1-8FEA4C668CF3.jpeg

My 21 yo son told me last night that he had a c19 test done and the results came back positive.  He wouldn't give me a reasonable answer as to what prompted him to get the test done, so I suspect he's been in contact with people who are c19 positive.

Anyway, he isn't symptomatic.  He is quaranteened to his room.  I've sanitized the whole house with chlorox and lysol.  I scheduled tests for the rest of the family even though no one is symptomatic.

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

My 21 yo son told me last night that he had a c19 test done and the results came back positive.  He wouldn't give me a reasonable answer as to what prompted him to get the test done, so I suspect he's been in contact with people who are c19 positive.

Anyway, he isn't symptomatic.  He is quaranteened to his room.  I've sanitized the whole house with chlorox and lysol.  I scheduled tests for the rest of the family even though no one is symptomatic.

Your 21 year old son lives with you?

So my son's girlfriend (no pics) tested negative.  They are joined at the hip, so that got us thinking he might have gotten a false positive.  We scheduled tests for ourselves yesterday morning and my son scheduled a rapid test for yesterday morning as well.  His rapid test came back negative.  Our test results were texted to us this morning and all were negative. 

Looks like my son's first test was a false positive.  He said that when they did the first test, they drew blood (with the nose swab), so maybe that messed with the testing.

Next door neighbors have it mother (82) and daughter (60).

Daughter has it pretty bad but not hospital bad.  Mother is high risk as a lifelong smoker and old. Symptoms for both arrived Sunday.  We believe the culprit was their plumber who was doing winter storm stuff on Tuesday of last week.  Plumber is a friend of their family and was just helping out, but I guess they got sloppy.

My wife and I went to their house on Saturday to pick up an inversion table and spent about 15 minutes inside and out while masked.  Daughter was masked but not mother. 

I think we are OK, but monitoring for symptoms in the next day or two and being extra careful.

• Hook 'Em 1