I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

FYI, Houston now offers free and on-demand COVID testing: http://www.houstontx.gov/health/NewsReleases/houston-health-department-expands-COVID-19-test-sites-to-anyone-wanting-to-get-tested.html

You still need to call to get on the testing list but they claim the prescreening and criteria have been removed. However that doesn't mean that you will automatically get tested today as they still have a max per day tests available.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

FYI, Houston now offers free and on-demand COVID testing: http://www.houstontx.gov/health/NewsReleases/houston-health-department-expands-COVID-19-test-sites-to-anyone-wanting-to-get-tested.html

You still need to call to get on the testing list but they claim the prescreening and criteria have been removed. However that doesn't mean that you will automatically get tested today as they still have a max per day tests available.

Those look like the standard “I am sick. Is it COVID?” tests.  Anywhere in Houston to get the “I had it awhile ago” antibody test? 

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Those look like the standard “I am sick. Is it COVID?” tests.  Anywhere in Houston to get the “I had it awhile ago” antibody test? 

Agree 100% that it will lead to massive percentages of negative tests for hypochondriacs or people that have suffered through regular allergies or colds.  However it might give us more insight into how many people have it but didn't travel, haven't knowingly been around a covid positive person, and show little to no signs.

Assuming that the city and their testing partners can keep up with the demand.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agree 100% that it will lead to massive percentages of negative tests for hypochondriacs or people that have suffered through regular allergies or colds.  However it might give us more insight into how many people have it but didn't travel, haven't knowingly been around a covid positive person, and show little to no signs.

Assuming that the city and their testing partners can keep up with the demand.

Not disagreeing- just want the other test For more selfish reasons.  No one I know has any reason to go get the “I’m sick right now” test.  Many did 2-3 weeks ago, but not now - they are over whatever mystery illness or anxiety-induced symptoms they had then.  

What they/we all want is the “I had it and I’m fine now” certificate so they can stop worrying, stop washing groceries, and go back to work.  Or the “I never had it” certificate so they can resume worrying.  It also tells you what side to pick in the “reopening” debate.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Scheduled online at Total Men's Clinic here in Austin. Doing it at all their locations. 

Thanks.  I had what we thought was a nasty cold back in March (daughter had it but not as bad, wife and son were just tired), but I just found out I had possibly been exposed back in early March (the person in question just decided to inform everybody on Facebook here in the middle of April that they may have exposed some of us over a month ago).    

If I had it, might make me the only one that should be interacting with the older relatives.  

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Not disagreeing- just want the other test For more selfish reasons.  No one I know has any reason to go get the “I’m sick right now” test.  Many did 2-3 weeks ago, but not now - they are over whatever mystery illness or anxiety-induced symptoms they had then.  

What they/we all want is the “I had it and I’m fine now” certificate so they can stop worrying, stop washing groceries, and go back to work.  Or the “I never had it” certificate so they can resume worrying.  It also tells you what side to pick in the “reopening” debate.  

^ Totals Mens Clinic is Austin is doing tests right now - 49 bucks w/ insurance or 199 w/o

4 minutes ago, krevo said:

^ Totals Mens Clinic is Austin is doing tests right now - 49 bucks w/ insurance or 199 w/o

What kind of shake down shit is this?  Most major insurance companies and Medicare are all covering with no patient out of pocket costs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digdogger said:

The gay bar?

2 hours ago, Digdogger said:

Number 2 will definitely be on it

2 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Like a ruler?  Inches or cm?

or do you mean like a No. 2 pencil?

No i don't think that's what he means...read both of his posts and see if you can figure it out   

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't think that's even legal lol.  It's gray at best. 

Mos def is not if Medicare is the covering entity.  Hope the government cracks some fucking skulls if people are essentially gouging people desperate for testing. They probably have some bullshit work around related to an assessment charge or something. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, Anastasis said:

Mos def is not if Medicare is the covering entity.  Hope the government cracks some fucking skulls if people are essentially gouging people desperate for testing. 

Yep - you have to be damn clean.  Because if you're doing anything medicare related they'll bust your balls on this.  A lot of people think they're in the clear only to find something else they're doing was billing medicare and this 'separate' entity is not seen as such in the govt's eyes.  Honestly fuck anyone who does business like this.  Like loan sharking, only in medicine.  Zero place for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Isn't total Men's clinic just a front for testosterone dealers? 

Never been there.  But if they got that antibody rona test I'm considering getting it done.  Been researching this test and apparently it was developed in China - and it doesn't have FDA approval (only EUA approval)  Its the finger poke blood test.

4 minutes ago, krevo said:

Never been there.  But if they got that antibody rona test I'm considering getting it done.  Been researching this test and apparently it was developed in China - and it doesn't have FDA approval (only EUA approval)  Its the finger poke blood test.

I finger poked your mom last night.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, Digdogger said:

Not to derail from Junior Miller’s situation but I have an update on mine.  With the warmer weather the cargo shorts are back out and I’m back in the captain’s seat.  Today I’m leaning a little left, which is unusual for me, not sure if it’s Scoliosis, spina bifida or just being overall poor posture, but it happened again, this time the left teste slipped out.  I’ve been reading about symptoms resurfacing so I think I’m going to try to get tested again.  I might have to swing by the pedo and get him to look me over in person

Use a smaller dildo, you'll be fine.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, Junior Miller said:

I meant if it gets so bad that I start having severe respiratory distress and will probably die anyway. Not if I just feel bad. I have to start not being able to breathe bad because my lungs are filling with fluid, but if that were to happen I'd rather die by bullet than drowning on my own blood and fluids

And if it gets that bad and it's her selfish stupidity that caused me to die I might put one in her head too. Words can't describe how badly I hate this bitch now for doing this. 

Is this dude dead?  Wellness check for his wife at least?

So,  my aunt died tonight.  She was a recluse, but she usually replied to texts, particularly with pics of my sisters kids, she loved to like the photos on text messages.  But no one heard from her for a few days.  There were inquiries made, and she hadn’t been at work for a few days.  Didn’t call in sick, just didn’t show up (her job was considered essential).  So my dad and uncle went over to her place, and she was dead.  Visual evidence would indicate that she was coughing up blood in her bed.  Did she die of Corona?  No idea, because the Collin County ME’s office declined to do an autopsy.  So my father and uncle, who are extremely unlikely to press the issue, just had her shipped straight to the funeral home.  Do with that information what you will.

his profile says he hasn’t logged in since his meltdown.  maybe he actually is dead.  poor bastard...

He’s back as A’dam Psycho. Go back and look at his posts in the Cowboys thread and it’s pretty obvious. He also joined the day after JM’s meltdown or close to it.

So,  my aunt died tonight.  She was a recluse, but she usually replied to texts, particularly with pics of my sisters kids, she loved to like the photos on text messages.  But no one heard from her for a few days.  There were inquiries made, and she hadn’t been at work for a few days.  Didn’t call in sick, just didn’t show up (her job was considered essential).  So my dad and uncle went over to her place, and she was dead.  Visual evidence would indicate that she was coughing up blood in her bed.  Did she die of Corona?  No idea, because the Collin County ME’s office declined to do an autopsy.  So my father and uncle, who are extremely unlikely to press the issue, just had her shipped straight to the funeral home.  Do with that information what you will.

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts for your family during this time.