I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

On 4/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, BradInATX said:

Third the motion for aggie to start a grandpa thread because I want to make fun of all these people with your normal seasonal common cold who are looking for attention without threadjacking a really poignant direction that this thread went over the last page 

"I'm running a fever and coughing"

Do you have a loss of taste or smell?

"no"

What about a cough? Are you coughing at all?

"No, just like a 101 fever and a runny nose"

That sounds like a cold. 

"Nope definitely Coronavirus, Imma ingest some colloidal silver"

You're mad that someone tried to bring the thread back on topic to talk about their symptoms? And you want to make fun of sick people who worry they may have a virus that's killed like 30 thousand Americans? Bizarre take, dude.

Call your doc and see if they can test you, Billy. Hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You're mad that someone tried to bring the thread back on topic to talk about their symptoms? And you want to make fun of sick people who worry they may have a virus that's killed like 30 thousand Americans? Bizarre take, dude.

Call your doc and see if they can test you, Billy. Hope you feel better soon. 

He doesn't seem to ever stop being disagreeable.

• Like 1

Still no Junior Miller sightings?

Since everybody is working from home, the wife and I have been talking 2-2.5 miles daily in the neighborhood at a pretty decent pace. I wasn't working out very much before the shelter-in-place went into effect five weeks ago and was admittedly pretty out of shape. I did lose 10+ pounds while I was sick the first two weeks. It's possible I had COVID-19 due to symptoms and direct contact with a confirmed case but I do not know for sure. One of the biggest things I had was an overall malaise/fatigue thing going on. At any rate, we've been walking every single morning for more than 2 weeks and my body hasn't acclimated itself to the walk. I'm glad to be doing them but they drain me. My legs ache and I'm sore when I wake up. More likely the BP meds I'm taking or perhaps lasting effects of potential COVID-19? I'm 47 and in the past when I've gotten back into a regular exercise routine it didn't take this long for my body to stop hating me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Still no Junior Miller sightings?

Since everybody is working from home, the wife and I have been talking 2-2.5 miles daily in the neighborhood at a pretty decent pace. I wasn't working out very much before the shelter-in-place went into effect five weeks ago and was admittedly pretty out of shape. I did lose 10+ pounds while I was sick the first two weeks. It's possible I had COVID-19 due to symptoms and direct contact with a confirmed case but I do not know for sure. One of the biggest things I had was an overall malaise/fatigue thing going on. At any rate, we've been walking every single morning for more than 2 weeks and my body hasn't acclimated itself to the walk. I'm glad to be doing them but they drain me. My legs ache and I'm sore when I wake up. More likely the BP meds I'm taking or perhaps lasting effects of potential COVID-19? I'm 47 and in the past when I've gotten back into a regular exercise routine it didn't take this long for my body to stop hating me.

My youngest one is a fitness trainer and early on in the pandemic she was telling me that lots of really fit people who complaining about soreness, etc., related to otherwise pretty easy walks. Not so much about draining you as it is working some muscles that you haven't  been, even if you are doing lots of exercise.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, Wanker Bob said:

3 days now of lethargy. Slight congestion with small amounts of phlegm in the back of the throat. Very infrequent coughing to try to clear it. This is an unusual mix for me. 

Zero fever. Zero body aches. Zero stomach issues. Appetite still there. Just feel crappy from lethargy. I wouldn't think this is it but after reading how out of the thousands on the USS Roosevelt 60 percent of the positive tests have no or very light symptoms who knows. 

No one in their right mind would waste a test on me for this so just going to pop a little CBD into my dynavap to help fight the lethargy and roll on

The bad lethargy lasted 4 days but now I'm back to approx 85 percent of normal. Sunday was bad I slept a shit load and didn't do much of anything. Now I'm able to do a 20 min 10 set weights workout. 

I don't think that was it but I'd like to get an antibodies test if they ever become available. That was very unusual for me. 

• Like 1

My fever finally broke after 7 straight days. Went to bed Sunday with it, and it broke over night. Monday I felt better than I had in a week. Temp popped back up in low 99s Monday evening and was gone in the morning. Felt pretty decent again today (Tues) and same thing, temp popped up slightly in the evening. We'll see what tomorrow brings but hopefully I'm close to shaking whatever it is.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2020 at 3:07 PM, aggie08 said:

Where can I get my some of that COVID?

Kidding. I lost 20 lbs. that I didn't have to spare with pneumonia last fall. It was the suck.

Lol, same. Sitting around the house with nothing to do has not been kind to the ol' waistline.

I went to a work conference  in Mexico the end of October last year and ate/drank myself stupid the whole week. I started feeling ill on the plane ride home and wound up with something that knocked me on my ass for about a week (high fever/headache/chest congestion). Life sucked but I wound up losing what I gained on the trip plus some.

So my ex and I are rotating my son back and forth every 7 days. Both households have been SIP for a month and we take every precaution. We are in Austin.

My son has had fever, dizziness, general aches, and lethargy and stomach aches starting Sunday. Slept all day Tuesday.
Low fever for 4th day today but mostly better.
He was supposed to return Monday.
We've postponed that.

Could be a virus the rest of my Ex's house has already gotten and are immune to. (They have a 4 year old)

From I'm seeing only high risk qualify for testing. Ie may need to go to the hospital. Or known contact with a carrier. Or multiply classic symptoms like respiratory issues even though roughly 50% of kids never have respratory issues.

Thoughts on testing options?
How long he should stay away just in case?

This sucks. And my ex is likely pushing to avoid testing so she can keep him longer and save a few bucks and not have to do shit.

Another week away and his schooling is going to go further to shit as he always falls behind over there. He is ready to GTFO of moms house asap.

6 hours ago, Digdogger said:

Possibly my final update, things are looking bad here in the basement.

The warmer weather has not been setting well with my strain of corona.  My beanbag has been sticking to my leg quite a bit due to the heat and poor ventilation.  So it sticks to my leg, usually the right, and then when I sit and prop my leg up, it will come crashing down and they clank together.  I assume this means my condition isn’t getting any better, I’ve read somewhere that it’s an early sign of pneumonia.  I’ve called the pedo a few times and recently the local law enforcement has shown up and asked me to leave him alone.  I guess he must be shutdown for being non-essential.  Any ways, I’m trying to get approved for the antibody testing, but I keep getting rejected for what they’ve only vaguely described as “gross and vulgar misconduct.”  I need to restock on some basic goods so I bought some PPE online, but apparently that has more than one meaning.  I will post pictures when I figure out how to put it on or in, however it works

You’re in my prayers. Please keep us posted. 

7 hours ago, Digdogger said:

Possibly my final update, things are looking bad here in the basement.

The warmer weather has not been setting well with my strain of corona.  My beanbag has been sticking to my leg quite a bit due to the heat and poor ventilation.  So it sticks to my leg, usually the right, and then when I sit and prop my leg up, it will come crashing down and they clank together.  I assume this means my condition isn’t getting any better, I’ve read somewhere that it’s an early sign of pneumonia.  I’ve called the pedo a few times and recently the local law enforcement has shown up and asked me to leave him alone.  I guess he must be shutdown for being non-essential.  Any ways, I’m trying to get approved for the antibody testing, but I keep getting rejected for what they’ve only vaguely described as “gross and vulgar misconduct.”  I need to restock on some basic goods so I bought some PPE online, but apparently that has more than one meaning.  I will post pictures when I figure out how to put it on or in, however it works

Quite honestly I think that praying for you will actually send me to hell, or at least warrant a couple decades in purgatory, so I'll just say good luck with that and all.

Two, maybe three weeks back I had a slightly elevated temp after dinner, 99.1. Checked it 15 minutes later and it had shot up to 99.8. Sorta freaked out internally and went to bed early. Slept most of the next day. Not long afterwards, I noticed a post- lunch fever between 99.5. It went away not long after dinner. Soon I realized that was everyday, a post-lunch fever between 99.5 and 99.9. After looking into it some more, I realized that body temp can rise by up to two degrees while digesting. 

Last night I ate way too much pizza and puked it up around 1:00 AM. Since then, I’ve had a persistent low grade fever today, never getting above 100.1, mostly in the 99.5 range. Gotta wonder, was it always like this and I never checked my temperature? Or is my temple thermometer running hot? I have another thermometer, an oral one, that shows a lower temperature. Am I just freaking myself out over nothing? My pulse oximeter shows good O2 stats, so I don’t know. 

Update. Pediatrician not recommending testing unless he gets severe respratory issues or needs urgent care.

Great.

Has dizziness and mental fog again. So bad he had to get off a zoom meeting with teammates

I don’t get this. I thought we had a bunch of tests available in Texas now. Check him for flu/strep and if negative, we need to test for COVID-19. We need the data!
  • Like 1

When did 99.1 become a fever? I thought it was anything over 100. Doc told me normal body temp can range from high 97's to mid 99's. 

I guess it has something to do with humans have actually been “cooling off” over the last 200 years. I dunno.

My ex and I have been trading off keeping our daughter for about 5-7 days at a time. She's (the ex) has had a slight fever, lethargy, upset stomach for a few days now...almost like a bad hangover. She got tested yesterday. I currently have my daughter and I'm going to get tested this morning since I was at her house a week ago. Not looking forward to shoving a q tip into my brain, but ok, let's do this....

On 4/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, Wanker Bob said:

3 days now of lethargy. Slight congestion with small amounts of phlegm in the back of the throat. Very infrequent coughing to try to clear it. This is an unusual mix for me. 

Zero fever. Zero body aches. Zero stomach issues. Appetite still there. Just feel crappy from lethargy. I wouldn't think this is it but after reading how out of the thousands on the USS Roosevelt 60 percent of the positive tests have no or very light symptoms who knows. 

No one in their right mind would waste a test on me for this so just going to pop a little CBD into my dynavap to help fight the lethargy and roll on

On 4/21/2020 at 6:10 PM, Wanker Bob said:

The bad lethargy lasted 4 days but now I'm back to approx 85 percent of normal. Sunday was bad I slept a shit load and didn't do much of anything. Now I'm able to do a 20 min 10 set weights workout. 

I don't think that was it but I'd like to get an antibodies test if they ever become available. That was very unusual for me. 

i think you’re just depressed. 

7 hours ago, Deej said:

When did 99.1 become a fever? I thought it was anything over 100. Doc told me normal body temp can range from high 97's to mid 99's. 

When my normal body temp dropped to around 97.5 a few years back. 

I don’t get this. I thought we had a bunch of tests available in Texas now. Check him for flu/strep and if negative, we need to test for COVID-19. We need the data!
His DR and multiple clinic websites said they are only issueing tests for critical cases with classic symptoms like severe respratory issue or hospitalisation need.

Can't have high case count if you don't test.

So I can not see my son indefinitely or roll the dice and spread this into my home and beyond???

His DR and multiple clinic websites said they are only issueing tests for critical cases with classic symptoms like severe respratory issue or hospitalisation need.

So I can not see my son indefinitely or roll the dice and spread this into my home and beyond???

Not sure if in Austin, but for what it's worth, I was sick a few weeks ago. Called Austin Regional Clinic and ended up going in hoping to get a flu test. They were testing at physician discretion and the doc decided to test me for covid at the appointment as well. Took a while to get the result but they've since switched labs. They may decide to test the kiddo. Hope all goes well regardless.

50 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Exactly. I'm in the same situation with my kids -- 50/50 split with my ex, one week on, one week off. I would really, really like to know if I need to do the 14-day quarantine if I had the same situation crop up that you have.

ARC doc in Austin would not test me Friday on the tele-health call. That was with an "elevated temp" that had been running for 4 days at that point. 

Basically said even if I got the test it wouldn't change their recommendation that I stay home and rest unless I developed more serious symptoms. 

I get that, but still think it's BS. Testing people even with mild symptoms gives us more data, and it would certainly change people's behavior. 

Somebody who knows they have COVID is going to be more cautious than someone who doesn't know - even if they don't require medical treatment. 

Case in point - you guys not knowing whether to trade your kids and whether you need to quarantine or not. 

• Like 2

Or in my case, I'm feeling much better now. Is it safe for me or the wife to go to the grocery store (taking precautions with prior hand-washing, masks)? 

Or do we need to take more extreme measures to not risk spreading something and try to get a friend or neighbor to deliver us groceries - or order for delivery. 

I don't have the information to make an informed decision. 

Exactly. I'm in the same situation with my kids -- 50/50 split with my ex, one week on, one week off. I would really, really like to know if I need to do the 14-day quarantine if I had the same situation crop up that you have.
Another wrinkle is that my FIl is staying with us. So he would be put at risk over one fucking test.

Just now, Born to Run said:
18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Another wrinkle is that my FIl is staying with us. So he would be put at risk over one fucking test.

I hear you. I struggled with the fact that my wife runs her dad's dental practice and is around her parents every single day. They're in their mid-70's too. Beyond frustrating at this point, but especially so when I was sick one month ago. Would love an antibody test -- but most of those are shit apparently.

3 hours ago, BillyBadAss said:

Or in my case, I'm feeling much better now. Is it safe for me or the wife to go to the grocery store (taking precautions with prior hand-washing, masks)? 

Or do we need to take more extreme measures to not risk spreading something and try to get a friend or neighbor to deliver us groceries - or order for delivery. 

I don't think anybody does. I saw a story on, I think, CBS News about a woman who got sick, then got better, but was still testing positive for the virus almost six weeks later after her symptoms were gone. The doctors didn't know if she was still able to infect anyone else so she was still stuck in quarantine. 

I dont remember if I posted this earlier because time has no meaning now, but I tested negative. Just a good ole respiratory infection most likely caused by laying on my ass all day. 

That being said, this test was the most painful thing Ive experienced in a log time. They basically jam bristled plastic wand into your brain pan and twist it around. I can still feel it. 

• Like 1

CDC guidance, FWIW, is no symptoms for 72 hours, without medication, and at least seven days since the onset of symptoms.

4 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I dont remember if I posted this earlier because time has no meaning now, but I tested negative. Just a good ole respiratory infection most likely caused by laying on my ass all day. 

That being said, this test was the most painful thing Ive experienced in a log time. They basically jam bristled plastic wand into your brain pan and twist it around. I can still feel it. 

My SIL said the same thing. Sounds nasty. 

My SIL said the same thing. Sounds nasty. 

I’ve heard similar reports, which leads me to question the validity of these mass drive through testing facilities. I have seen that most/all of them have patients swabbing themselves in their cars. I just have a difficult time believing that they are doing it while properly taking all of that length.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:01 PM, Apep said:

Two, maybe three weeks back I had a slightly elevated temp after dinner, 99.1. Checked it 15 minutes later and it had shot up to 99.8. Sorta freaked out internally and went to bed early. Slept most of the next day. Not long afterwards, I noticed a post- lunch fever between 99.5. It went away not long after dinner. Soon I realized that was everyday, a post-lunch fever between 99.5 and 99.9. After looking into it some more, I realized that body temp can rise by up to two degrees while digesting. 

Last night I ate way too much pizza and puked it up around 1:00 AM. Since then, I’ve had a persistent low grade fever today, never getting above 100.1, mostly in the 99.5 range. Gotta wonder, was it always like this and I never checked my temperature? Or is my temple thermometer running hot? I have another thermometer, an oral one, that shows a lower temperature. Am I just freaking myself out over nothing? My pulse oximeter shows good O2 stats, so I don’t know. 

Good grief.

23 hours ago, Deej said:

When I had to go see a doc for my broken finger a week ago. The place made me take a temp test where it was 99.6, but they still let me in.

4 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Yes, depending on what you were fingering when it broke.

South Austin's Mom?  

That broad has caught more fingers than a gate latch.  

I got tested yesterday, waited in the car for 3 hours to get through the entire thing. New tests, so at least I didn't have to shove the q tip all the way to the back of my nasal cavity. The test itself wasn't bad at all, just putting a q tip inside each nostril and swirling it around a few times.

3-5 days to get results....the ex has had a slightly elevated fever since Monday and feels like crap she says. She finds out tomorrow...Now we wait