I think I may have Covid-19 thread - 2 confirmed cases

Gil Bang

Just heard that my brother’s grandsons wife had a mild case of the Covid two months ago. She had to stay home for three weeks from her nurses job until she tested negative three times. Luckily her husband & daughters all tested negative. He still had to quarantine from his firefighter job for 18 days.

Edited by Armybrat

6 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

Just tested positive. It’s been super mild, less than a common cold. The loss of taste/smell has been annoying

good news.  the problem I hear is even if mild like cold or seasonal flu it takes much longer to get back to 100%

14 hours ago, Xian said:

Update on FiL.  He started physical therapy yesterday and was able walk around for a bit. Which is good because he was starting to get bed sores. 

he walked fine before covid.  Crazy what that virus can do to you. 

guessing he was probably bedridden for a while, which can atrophy the crap out of your muscles

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, strangulation! said:

guessing he was probably bedridden for a while, which can atrophy the crap out of your muscles

Yep.  This is why broken hips can be so disastrous for the elderly.  Really broken anything in the ambulatory system.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 8/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, HoustonFrog said:

Yeah I’m going to hold off on getting back to running/exercising for a while.

Despite feeling basically fine, there’s definitely a little something that’s just off.

I'm four months over it give or take and I'm just now beginning to get my wind back.

Now I'm seeing the CDC come out with news that those who recover have about 3 months immunity. That kind of sucks.

I was reading the CDC site and it says that healthcare workers can go to work 10 days after their symptoms first appear. That sounded way too soon for my liking. I would think it would be 10 days from the last day of symptoms. Anyway, now that you have had it when do you think you should go back to work?

I’m in the fire service they are doing 10 days after onset of initial symptoms we have had 5 cases out of 28 guys

Contact tracing is a pain.

My daughter has a friend named Becky. Becky went and hung out with a mutual friend of theirs, Kate, on the 12th. On the 13th Becky was at our house. Also on the 13th Kate woke up feeling sick and tested positive a few days later.

Becky got tested on the 18th and we just found all tins out. So now we quarantine and wait on Becky’s test results, which are supposed to come back sometime between now and Monday. If negative then great. If positive then we quarantine for another week.

I gotta think this isn’t the last time this happens. No symptoms in any of us btw.

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Contact tracing is a pain.

My daughter has a friend named Becky. Becky went and hung out with a mutual friend of theirs, Kate, on the 12th. On the 13th Becky was at our house. Also on the 13th Kate woke up feeling sick and tested positive a few days later.

Becky got tested on the 18th and we just found all tins out. So now we quarantine and wait on Becky’s test results, which are supposed to come back sometime between now and Monday. If negative then great. If positive then we quarantine for another week.

I gotta think this isn’t the last time this happens. No symptoms in any of us btw.

It's been 7 days since your potential exposure which is enough time to incubate and test positive.  You can go get tested if you'd like to speed things along.

It's been 7 days since your potential exposure which is enough time to incubate and test positive.  You can go get tested if you'd like to speed things along.

Thanks. I think our risk is low so we’ll wait for Becky’s test results. They could come as soon as today. If she’s negative we’re in the clear.

Man, I’m fucking infuriated.  I have a 22 year old employee that thinks this whole pandemic is a joke along with her country bumpkin family.  I have a startup business and I’ve been very clear to her that she needs to take every precaution outside of work as both my in laws and parents are in their 60s and have had medical issues.  Mother in law has had cancer before.  

This dumb bitch has been partying every weekend from talks with my other staff members.  She went to a 100 person wedding last weekend in an indoor venue.  She showed the other girl’s at my office pictures and videos of the wedding reception where not a single person was wearing a mask.  How can a venue allow this???  This is so irresponsible.

Well guess who had to be send home yesterday for running a 101.5 fever with a cough and sore throat.  Today my wife and I woke up feeling completely congested and I feel tired as fuck.  My mom is staying with us bc she had to evacuate Beaumont due to the hurricane.  Now I need to spend money to put her up in a hotel for a week until the storm passes and need to shutdown my entire office for 2 weeks and reschedule every patient.  Some probably won’t come back to our office as they will be able to figure out why we are closing and not want to risk themselves... rightfully so!

I want to fucking fire her for causing this big headache for me...

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, I’m fucking infuriated.  I have a 22 year old employee that thinks this whole pandemic is a joke along with her country bumpkin family.  I have a startup business and I’ve been very clear to her that she needs to take every precaution outside of work as both my in laws and parents are in their 60s and have had medical issues.  Mother in law has had cancer before.  

This dumb bitch has been partying every weekend from talks with my other staff members.  She went to a 100 person wedding last weekend in an indoor venue.  She showed the other girl’s at my office pictures and videos of the wedding reception where not a single person was wearing a mask.  How can a venue allow this???  This is so irresponsible.
Well guess who had to be send home yesterday for running a 101.5 fever with a cough and sore throat.  Today my wife and I woke up feeling completely congested and I feel tired as fuck.  My mom is staying with us bc she had to evacuate Beaumont due to the hurricane.  Now I need to spend money to put her up in a hotel for a week until the storm passes and need to shutdown my entire office for 2 weeks and reschedule every patient.  Some probably won’t come back to our office as they will be able to figure out why we are closing and not want to risk themselves... rightfully so!
Please don't murder her.

38 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Lemme guess... shes fat?

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

i'm not seeing pics of dumb bitch, wife or mom.

feel better though.

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

You haven’t fired her yet? Why not?

and your avatar checks out.

Best wishes for you and yourwife.

Edited by Armybrat

On 8/26/2020 at 8:10 AM, victory88 said:

Hygienist or assistant?

• 2 months later...

Checking in. Woke up with a runny nose last Tuesday. Scheduled a test for Friday and I'll have my results Wed-Fri of this week.

It's all about how the virus picks your immunity lock, and I'm lucky. Runny nose and fatigue for 4 days. Never missed a cardio workout. Can anyone who's had it donate antibodies? How does that work?

On 8/26/2020 at 8:10 AM, victory88 said:

Juice is worth the squeeze?  She must give a helluva BJ if you haven't fired her yet. 

anna kendrick juice GIF