ZeroZeroZero on amazon

Zavala

It was a very good entertaining watch overall.  The Mexico and Italy story lines were solid and well cast.  The American siblings were probably the weakest link of the series, though they weren't horrible... the actors just felt odd in their roles at times.  I never really felt any sympathy or like for the son... He was mainly annoying.  The daughter reminded me of Megan Rapinoe pretending to be Al Pacino in the Godfather series and never came across as a person who had ever spent more than a weekend in Louisiana.  I think both of the American siblings could have been cast better.

The flipping around in time got a bit irritating and ineffective for me after the first episode.

The good outweighed the nitpicks I had.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Loved it. Best cinematography and production quality of scene on a series from any of the streaming services.

the location shots were dope.

MTY made me depressed. It’s such a cool city that should be a nice, safe, touristy, fun 5hr drive from Central Texas.  

I’m glad the kid brother got some tail, too.

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroZeroZero is awesome start to end. I could not recommend it more if you are like me and are hungering for more "Narcos".  Like "Narcos" much of the dialogue is in the native language (and are therefore subtitled) in two of the three simultaneous stories. I prefer it this way bc it feels more authentic as it gives the more real feeling the you are dropped into the scene as an observer. The American brother/sister storyline of "The Brokers" is the weakest link, but this storyline is still intense and an enjoyable watch. You will have to get used to the flashback convention that is used to tie the 3 simultaneous stories of "The Buyers" (Italian Mob), "The Sellers" (Mexican Cartel), and "The Brokers" (New orleans shipping family) that continually rotate and are all interconnected.

Edited by UT Lax
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Pretty good show.  Toward the end, though, I was confused by the "repeat" scenes signaling a flashback.  I either didn't notice them earlier and/or didn't have much trouble figuring out that a flashback was a flashback without the signal.  I thought my stream was glitching.

The weird looking chick seems to be kind of the offbeat it girl.  She is getting a lot of roles and is a chameleon, but seems like she's tended toward weird looking lately.  Kind of reminds me of Tilda Swinton.  First thing I remember seeing her in was Oblivion, and she was pretty attractive in that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Watching it now. It’s very good and keeps me off my phone.  Andrea Riseborough is unrecognizable. Belongs in that other “I can’t  believe it’s the same actor” thread. 

I want to party in Dakar.  

She has more roles as a weirdo-looking chick than a normal looking chick.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

You can’t fit five tons of anything into those two little trucks, right?

I wondered about that.  I initially thought they got a lot less than all of it.

Each pallet here is supposed to be about 1.5 ton:

unnamed-2.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-800-million-worth-of-cocaine-looks-like/

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

It's a fun binge.  You have to get over a spec ops unit flipping a switch and kill a busload of grandmas and moms and not even react.  But OK.

I have zero knowledge about the Italian mafia, but it looks like it's not as glamorous anymore and sort of underground, which would seem to be right.  

I was thinking that maybe the reason that this show doesn’t have more chatter in here is that there’s not much to discuss: no big mystery or plot twist, no bad performances to bemoan, and I was gonna say no big plot holes. I don’t know how big of a plot hole the commandos-going-rogue thing is, I don’t know shit about Mexico from that perspective, but it didn’t seem terribly far-fetched within the realm of realistic fiction.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:58 PM, Buzzrock said:

I was thinking that maybe the reason that this show doesn’t have more chatter in here is that there’s not much to discuss: no big mystery or plot twist, no bad performances to bemoan, and I was gonna say no big plot holes. I don’t know how big of a plot hole the commandos-going-rogue thing is, I don’t know shit about Mexico from that perspective, but it didn’t seem terribly far-fetched within the realm of realistic fiction.

Aren’t the real Zetas run by ex-military?

• 2 months later...

Just watched this finally…had been meaning to. 

extraordinarily well done and thoroughly enjoyable. The Monterrey stuff was slightly unrealistic…particularly the non-response at all the an entire bus of innocent people being slaughtered. That would have attracted world attention and would have required a response. 

beyond that, no complaints. I know a family with Huntingtons and it is an absolute mother fucker of a disease. Nasty nasty shit. 

• 8 months later...

Just watched it. Fantastic show.

The Huntington’s disease Chris had was unreal. I also know a family with this disease and lived close by when I was a kid. Nightmare situation. Did not see that coming obviously.

The detail they get into about narcos and the Italian mafia is very good. Would love too see another season.