Katie Porter is a very bright woman

Gil Bang

she's smart, she's a hard worker, and she comes prepared, unlike most of congress.

She's a rising star in the Dem Party for sure.  It's a shame she's not better looking...she'd be a lot better know if she had a face made for TV.

• Like 2

She's a fantastic elected representative but you're unfortunately correct about her looks holding her back. Unfortunately women have to thread the needle between being too ugly for men to vote for and being too pretty for women to vote for. 

Edited by Huckleberry

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There are some great clips of her going after the Wells Fargo CEO.

yeah, i've had a non-sexual crush on her since these clips.  she's great.

younger women (under 50) are taking more and more control in legislation, and old white men (over 60) are getting scared.  that's the best part of this.  they have no idea how to handle it.

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Threw $50 her way. She rules.

I also gave that dog faced bitch some money out of pity. Sure, she’s good at the talky talky politics shit, but I don’t want to fuck her, therefore she has no value to me or future in politics. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Can someone hold my hand through this?  part (c) basically states that it's secondary to insurance.  So does this mean that it covers 100% for the uninsured and it covers the balance for people who have insurance?  Meaning, it would basically allow to the CDC director to use funds to help people w/ insurance pay toward their deductibles?

§ 71.30 Payment for care and treatment.

(a) The Director may authorize payment for the care and treatment of individuals subject to medical examination, quarantine, isolation, and conditional release, subject to paragraphs (b) through (h) of this section.

(b) Payment for care and treatment shall be in the Director's sole discretion and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) Payment shall be secondary to the obligation of the United States or any third-party (including any State or local governmental entity, private insurance carrier, or employer), under any other law or contractual agreement, to pay for such care and treatment, and shall be paid by the Director only after all third-party payers have made payment in satisfaction of their obligations.

(d) Payment may include costs for providing ambulance or other medical transportation when such services are deemed necessary by the Director for the individual's care and treatment.

(e) Payment shall be limited to those amounts the hospital, medical facility, or medical transportation service would customarily bill the Medicare system using the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM), and relevant regulations promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in existence at the time of billing.

(f) For quarantinable communicable diseases, payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for the care and treatment of the individual for the time period beginning when the Director refers the individual to the hospital or medical facility and ends when, as determined by the Director, the period of apprehension, quarantine, isolation, or conditional release expires.

(g) For diseases other than those described in paragraph (f) of this section, such payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for care and treatment of the individual for the time period that begins when the Director refers the individual to the hospital or medical facility and ends when the individual's condition is diagnosed, as determined by the Director, as an illness other than a quarantinable communicable disease.

(h) For ambulance or other medical transportation, payment shall be limited to the costs for such services and other items reasonable and necessary for the safe medical transport of the individual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Todd Gack said:

Can someone hold my hand through this?  part (c) basically states that it's secondary to insurance.  So does this mean that it covers 100% for the uninsured and it covers the balance for people who have insurance?  Meaning, it would basically allow to the CDC director to use funds to help people w/ insurance pay toward their deductibles?

Correct.

Agree with Huck. Third party (including insurance co's, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, and other medical plans) pays first and then they cover the rest. Uninsureds are paid for - which is vital to flattening the curve that feeds the spread of the virus. 

Paragraph F is how the trumpkins will push back - as it provides powers to detain/isolate and determine release dates. 

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

she's smart, she's a hard worker, and she comes prepared, unlike most of congress.

She's a rising star in the Dem Party for sure.  It's a shame she's not better looking...she'd be a lot better know if she had a face made for TV.

Shouldn't stop her, zero fucks given from some...

694940094001_5976123094001_5976122677001

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

VP (for either of the two remaining - if they survive the pandemic)?

nah, she's way too effective grilling the fuck out of political appointees on capitol hill to waste her on keeping the bucket of piss warm. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Come a little closer so I can hit you upside the head with my skillet. Her looks are just fine for her job, you just need an adjustment. I'm giving Hank a pass because he always stays in character, but I can use two skillets at once if I need to.

Besides, anyone who thinks Gym, Doug, and Louis Gohmert to have television worthy faces needs new glasses, so they don't even have that going for them. Ugly and stupid is no way to go through the halls of Congress.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Come a little closer so I can hit you upside the head with my skillet. Her looks are just fine for her job, you just need an adjustment. I'm giving Hank a pass because he always stays in character, but I can use two skillets at once if I need to.

Besides, anyone who thinks Gym, Doug, and Louis Gohmert to have television worthy faces needs new glasses, so they don't even have that going for them. Ugly and stupid is no way to go through the halls of Congress.

He's not saying it's right (neither is Hank, obviously) just that it's the way it is. Men don't judge other men by looks at the ballot box and women don't do it either, relative to other women. It's weird but seems like it's been that way forever.

I mean Porter isn't necessarily ugly but she looks like your strict 5th grade teacher who slapped a ruler against her palm all day long. It's ridiculous but women politicians get judged for that and men don't.

It's time for a cultural shift then. I appreciate the differences between men and women how they view life, think about things, and unique perspectives, but I would take Daisy 'Granny' Moses from the Beverly Hillbillies over who is currently in the White House right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well sure, I think most people, especially on this thread, will agree with that. We should care about right and wrong. I don't care if Candidate A looks exactly like me if he's wrong, and I don't care if Candidate B is a 4'8" homely black Muslim woman if she's right.

3 hours ago, Todd Gack said:

§ 71.30 Payment for care and treatment.

(a) The Director may authorize payment for the care and treatment of individuals subject to medical examination, quarantine, isolation, and conditional release, subject to paragraphs (b) through (h) of this section.

(b) Payment for care and treatment shall be in the Director's sole discretion and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) Payment shall be secondary to the obligation of the United States or any third-party (including any State or local governmental entity, private insurance carrier, or employer), under any other law or contractual agreement, to pay for such care and treatment, and shall be paid by the Director only after all third-party payers have made payment in satisfaction of their obligations.

(d) Payment may include costs for providing ambulance or other medical transportation when such services are deemed necessary by the Director for the individual's care and treatment.

(e) Payment shall be limited to those amounts the hospital, medical facility, or medical transportation service would customarily bill the Medicare system using the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM), and relevant regulations promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in existence at the time of billing.

(f) For quarantinable communicable diseases, payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for the care and treatment of the individual for the time period beginning when the Director refers the individual to the hospital or medical facility and ends when, as determined by the Director, the period of apprehension, quarantine, isolation, or conditional release expires.

(g) For diseases other than those described in paragraph (f) of this section, such payment shall be limited to costs for services and items reasonable and necessary for care and treatment of the individual for the time period that begins when the Director refers the individual to the hospital or medical facility and ends when the individual's condition is diagnosed, as determined by the Director, as an illness other than a quarantinable communicable disease.

(h) For ambulance or other medical transportation, payment shall be limited to the costs for such services and other items reasonable and necessary for the safe medical transport of the individual.

Technically, that is not an authorization for the Director of the CDC to pay testing costs for any or all persons tested, examined, or treated for communicable disease.

It only applies to people "arriving" in the US from abroad and suspected of having a communicable disease.  See, e.g. 42 CFR ss. 71.30 and 71.31.  And Part 71, Title 42, generally and entitled:  Foreign Quarantine.

So points for having heart in right place.  Points deducted for legal analysis.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well sure, I think most people, especially on this thread, will agree with that. We should care about right and wrong. I don't care if Candidate A looks exactly like me if he's wrong, and I don't care if Candidate B is a 4'8" homely black Muslim woman if she's right.

I apologize if I'm touchy today. Lot of cancellations going on. I knew they were coming, but it's a little un-nerving.

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Technically, that is not an authorization for the Director of the CDC to pay testing costs for any or all persons tested, examined, or treated for communicable disease.

It only applies to people "arriving" in the US from abroad and suspected of having a communicable disease.  See, e.g. 42 CFR ss. 71.30 and 71.31.  And Part 71, Title 42, generally and entitled:  Foreign Quarantine.

So points for having heart in right place.  Points deducted for legal analysis.

Looks like an oopsie. 42 CFR § 70.13 says the same thing and covers interstate spread.

• Like 1

sigh

The baked in misogyny and sexism in this country is so depressing and rage inducing at the same time.

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders look like Statler and Waldorf from “The Muppet Show” and no one gives a fuck.

I don’t disagree.

yeah, i've had a non-sexual crush on her since these clips.  she's great.
younger women (under 50) are taking more and more control in legislation, and old white men (over 60) are getting scared.  that's the best part of this.  they have no idea how to handle it.

It has less to do with age, race, and gender and more to do with taking her job seriously IMO.

23 hours ago, horn4life said:

Look at Mitch McConnell, or former Whitehouse televisions spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders and tell me again about "it's a shame she's not better looking." She's a fucking Goddess next to either of those two.

Still, though, men generally get a pass on attractiveness, but you only have to look at JFK and Beto to know that attractiveness is a huge plus.  Huckabeef isn't, wasn't, and probably never will be elected.

• 2 weeks later...