Katie Porter is a very bright woman

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

What rule did she break? The one where as a representative in Congress you put common sense and decency and the interests of Americans above all others.  

So, your typical turd-in-the-punchbowl nonsense.  Got it.  Carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I'm not following how Katie did anything wrong or "broke a rule." She's on record as wanting Israel to stop their attacks and let humanitarian aid into Gaza, so attempting to undermine the USA's ability to send more weapons and armaments to them makes sense. I agree it's dumb to have an exception for one specific country, as if they aren't able to commit atrocities as well as anyone else. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, your typical turd-in-the-punchbowl nonsense.  Got it.  Carry on.

It's an interesting exercise flushing out what triggers weirdos like willfully and fudge. 

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

She's on record as wanting Israel to stop their attacks and let humanitarian aid into Gaza, so attempting to undermine the USA's ability to send more weapons and armaments to them makes sense.

While it’s important to place the blame at the feet of Republicans, it is equally important to note that House Progressives and the Squad are joining forces with Mike Johnson to prevent a vote on a bill that their party supports and negotiated. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

While it’s important to place the blame at the feet of Republicans, it is equally important to note that House Progressives and the Squad are joining forces with Mike Johnson to prevent a vote on a bill that their party supports and negotiated. 

The Democrats opposing it believe Israel is actively committing genocide against the Palestinians and they don't want to fund that. 

The Republicans don't want to send more arms to Ukraine because Russia is getting its collective ass kicked and many of them are funded by it. 

I think there is a slight difference here in the reasoning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

The Democrats opposing it believe Israel is actively committing genocide against the Palestinians and they don't want to fund that. 

The Republicans don't want to send more arms to Ukraine because Russia is getting its collective ass kicked and many of them are funded by it. 

I think there is a slight difference here in the reasoning.

Fuck those people. 

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Anastasis is quoting people (including me) from another thread. It’s super clever.  Also, he very much wants to see Russia win and Ukraine lose and anything that advances Russian interests he celebrates. 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=b087ad72f3e58a4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Which ones?

Not sure.  I think that it was directed towards democrats that break the rules, and in particular progressives. 

Sorry Dutch, I was just parroting some of the absurd criticisms lobbed toward Porter in another thread. Imagine being pleased with Adam Schiff over Katie Porter as a CA Senate candidate. Real big brained stuff. Like suggesting that Porter is acting to advance Russian interests. 

Edited by Anastasis