2018 NBA Playoffs

43 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

A week ago there was a thought that Lebron + Simmons would be redundant and their games don't mesh and Lebron would mess up that young core and Philly would be foolish to pursue him.

The last 2 games should dispel all of that and Philly should absolutely do what it can to bring him into the fold.  Simmons is a mess right now, he's completely flummoxed, the moment is too big for him and I think Lebron would help him and Embiid's development immeasurably.

Really?  I remember a foolish Celtics fans said something like that on the Shaggy but it was obvious it was written out of fear.  I do understand in that both thrive with the ball in their hands, therefore Simmons would and probably have to easily defer.  It's not as simple as saying Simmons is struggling therefore he needs Lebron.  Whoever plays with Lebron, it's become very, very obvious the "3rd star" is going to have to seriously change and sacrifice some of their offensive game if the team is going to meet it's potential.  First it was Bosh, then it was Love.  Could Simmons handle it.... mentally?  Probably, but it took a huge toll on both Bosh and Love....

But Lebron would make Philly a better team if that's what you mean.  He'd make almost any team better as he's the best player in the league except for maybe the Warriors and Rockets and those are still up for debate....

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Really?  I remember a foolish Celtics fans said something like that on the Shaggy but it was obvious it was written out of fear.  I do understand in that both thrive with the ball in their hands, therefore Simmons would and probably have to easily defer.  It's not as simple as saying Simmons is struggling therefore he needs Lebron.  Whoever plays with Lebron, it's become very, very obvious the "3rd star" is going to have to seriously change and sacrifice some of their offensive game if the team is going to meet it's potential.  First it was Bosh, then it was Love.  Could Simmons handle it.... mentally?  Probably, but it took a huge toll on both Bosh and Love....

But Lebron would make Philly a better team if that's what you mean.  He'd make almost any team better as he's the best player in the league except for maybe the Warriors and Rockets and those are still up for debate....

And that's the crux of the concern - that Simmons, since he's such a poor shooter, needs the ball in his hands to be effective.  So thinking was Kawhi or PG 13 is a better fit alongside Simmons, as they are great shooters and defenders who don't take games/possessions off like LeBron does during the season.  And if Lebron is on the team, you're not going to have the ball in your hands as much as if your stud wing was Kawhi or PG 13.   Another (unfounded) concern was that Lebron would somehow hinder Simmons' development.

But yes, Lebron makes every team better and he could show the young kids how to take care of their body (Lebron sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber, for goodness sake) and how to be a true professional.  As much as we snicker at the Embiid vs Whiteside and Simmons vs Mitchell twitter wars, I think Lebron would put a stop to that nonsense pretty quick as that shit doesn't help the team.  I mean, he's kept JR on the straight and narrow for the most part except for bitchslapping Jae Crowder, which given what Jae turned out to be, was completely justifiable.

Edited by Message Board User

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

better yet, can Cleveland sign a good FA this summer?

No. No room. But they can at least kick the tires on potential trades for the Brooklyn pick (pre and post draft), and run the idea past LeBron in the hope that there's a player out there that would cause Bron to stay. It's a Hail Mary, but it's not nothing.

Just now, Orca of Peace said:

better yet, can Cleveland sign a good FA this summer?

They have LESS than zero cap space.     I suppose they might have the MLE available.   They will have at least a top 10 pick depending on how the lottery shakes out.

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No. No room. But they can at least kick the tires on potential trades for the Brooklyn pick (pre and post draft), and run the idea past LeBron in the hope that there's a player out there that would cause Bron to stay. It's a Hail Mary, but it's not nothing.

i think Lebron stays if they win the East + get some quality add(s) to the roster

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

After Lebron leaves and the team is blown up....... they should have the cap room, yes.

If he is the only one to leave they are only 4-5M under the cap hahahahaha.

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

If I'm Brad Stevens, LBJ can have 40-50 pts every night. But I'll be damn if Korver, Hill, Smith, and Love reach double digits. Let Lebron be LeBron stop the scrubs.

LeBron being LeBron involves LeBron setting up his teammates. You can’t really let him do his thing *and* stop everybody else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 1:57 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

LeVeon in Philly might be enough to keep Kyrie & the Celtics from topping King James next season...

Edited by kopp0e