NCAA Tourney canceled

Goo Punch

Huge news. 

Mark Few is being interviewed on ESPN right now just as they broke the news, and he said he is, "extremely, extremely disappointed", and that there was a 100% consensus among the coaching community that they wanted to wait a few weeks-a month before outright canceling it. 

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

And with that Texas A&M has crowned itself the 2019-2020 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball National Champions.

And CWS, WCWS, Men's and Women's Tennis, Men's and Women's Indoor and Outdoor T&F.

Put all 8 on the wall! 

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Everything cancelled. The poor softball and tennis teams, they might have made some noise.

Golf Teams, Swim Teams, and T&F had chances to make some noise too...

Edited by LTtxfan

I'm not sure you can really "postpone" a college championship, especially when we have no real idea when this might pass. A month from now classes will be heading towards finals, then finals in May, then summer, and for certain players, preparations for pro leagues. It's just not really practical. You can do it with the NBA where the players are under contract and have no other obligations associated with the job. Hell, they could just freeze the standings now and start playoffs in June, assuming we're back to normal by then.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure you can really "postpone" a college championship, especially when we have no real idea when this might pass. A month from now classes will be heading towards finals, then finals in May, then summer, and for certain players, preparations for pro leagues. It's just not really practical. You can do it with the NBA where the players are under contract and have no other obligations associated with the job. Hell, they could just freeze the standings now and start playoffs in June, assuming we're back to normal by then.

Plus the logistics of venue scheduling/availability.  

It sucks but definitely the right call to do.  

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Surly bracket challenge?  Rubella is my darkhorse but don't want to make a rash decision on them yet. 

Coronavirus is the little shitty Big West team that won their conference tournament as a #10 seed to take some legitimate disease’s spot. Everyone knows when it comes to pure devastation on a consistent basis malaria is the GOAT.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I’d watch this 

Show Duke losing to Lehigh again 

I doubt there's much if any footage of some of the UCLA teams from late 60s into the early 70s, those would be fun to watch.  Big Red's dominating performance against Memphis St is worthy of another viewing, of course I can do w/out Wooden's final title.  Don't need to see that shit again.