NCAA Tourney canceled

Goo Punch

As I suspected, celebrations have been discussed in Lawrence - 

Bestowing National Title to Kansas "Would Be Great," Self says

"For this team to bring so much positive attention in a year where we definitely needed it and operate under pressure and operate under expectations, this team deserves more credit than any team I've ever coached," Self said.

He said he has met with school officials about finding a way to "memorialize" the 2019-20 Jayhawks.

"Nobody had a better season than we did," Self said.

I'm not sure about the "positive attention" part when reflecting on 2019-20 Kansas

As I suspected, celebrations have been discussed in Lawrence - 
Bestowing National Title to Kansas "Would Be Great," Self says

"For this team to bring so much positive attention in a year where we definitely needed it and operate under pressure and operate under expectations, this team deserves more credit than any team I've ever coached," Self said.

He said he has met with school officials about finding a way to "memorialize" the 2019-20 Jayhawks.

"Nobody had a better season than we did," Self said.

I'm not sure about the "positive attention" part when reflecting on 2019-20 Kansas
https://sports.theonion.com/kansas-basketball-devastated-they-won-t-get-opportunity-1842384226

• Like 1

I'm in actual mourning right now.  I should be pretending to work while I really think about watching basketball all day today right now.  Then later on I would be pretending to work while I actually watched basketball all day long.  It really hit me last night.  Stupid virus.

30 minutes ago, Felix said:

I'm in actual mourning right now.  I should be pretending to work while I really think about watching basketball all day today right now.  Then later on I would be pretending to work while I actually watched basketball all day long.  It really hit me last night.  Stupid virus.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I hope this is better than SB Nation's walkthrough where the higher seed won like 99% of the games. 

yeah i saw one upset in that entire thing before we got to where all the teams had the same/similar seed. enthralling.

Top-5 NCAAT Moments(Not UK Related): 

1) US Reed shot - was in the FEC when it happened, place went wild. 

2) '17 Nova buzzer beater over UNC for Title. 

3) Bird/Magic

4) '85 Nova win over GTown - At the time, hated everything about GTown but as I've gotten older, came to appreciate what a great team/coach they had. 

5) '83 UH/UL NSF - fucking athletes all up and down those teams, just a great fucking game. 

Plenty more I'm sure I'm overlooking, feel free to add yours(non-UT related). 

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

At this point, I should be looking at the surly pool standings and thinking that after my amazing first day, I have a shot at winning this whole thing. And then reality hits today when I only get 4 out of the 16 games correct and I fall to the second page of the standings.

at this point one of my championship game sleepers who i havent watched more than 5 min all year...San Diego St...is losing to 15 seeded Hofstra by 6 with 3.5 min to go

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Top-5 NCAAT Moments(Not UK Related): 

1) US Reed shot - was in the FEC when it happened, place went wild. 

2) '17 Nova buzzer beater over UNC for Title. 

3) Bird/Magic

4) '85 Nova win over GTown - At the time, hated everything about GTown but as I've gotten older, came to appreciate what a great team/coach they had. 

5) '83 UH/UL NSF - fucking athletes all up and down those teams, just a great fucking game. 

Plenty more I'm sure I'm overlooking, feel free to add yours(non-UT related). 

Not necessarily a moment, but a game, if I can add one that is UK related? Michigan State-Kentucky Elite 8 at the FEC in 2005. Sorry. But I was there for that one, and that game was fucking awesome. Plus, we were sitting next to a Kentucky couple, and I am pretty sure there was some spousal abuse that went down between those two later that night. Only catch is I'm not sure who beat up who. Whoo boy, they were intense about their basketball. They'd get mad at a player or a ref, and then get mad at each other. I seriously thought they might fight each other in the stands. Amazing. 

The whole weekend was great. The other games around the country were amazing. And during the "off day" in Austin on Saturday, we walked into an sports bar to find it packed full of Kentucky fans wearing blue. All there to root against Louisville in their Elite 8 game. Holy shit. What an afternoon of day drinking. 

• Like 1

IIRC, 3 of the 4 Regional Finals in '05 went into OT, both UL and Illinois making great comebacks from huge margins to win their games.  Was a great environment at FEC and got a kick out of the MSU fans chanting "2,2,2,2" during the review of Sparks shot, both Magic and Ashley were there. 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, Js1 said:

Not just live women's college football folks, but simulated college women's basketball.  On a day of just shitty news, this is actually the saddest thing I've read.  

I'd actually like to see the men's side though.  Would have been cool for some CBS producer to pull tape of the best 16 games of the last 16 years or something and then synch them up and play four of them at 11, four of them at 2, then 6, then 9.  And do cutaways (in that game's historical 'real time') during the games to other great moments in the other games.  Flip around just like they would do to get to more interesting possessions, etc if the games were happening in real life.  And instead of being stuck with maybe 2 exciting games and 2 shitty games in each time slot, they could just flip from one badass game to another and have 1-2 real time (our timeline) announcers calling the transitions.  Pepper it with wisecracks like "We're gonna take you from this barn-burner in Charlotte to another game in Charlotte involving Duke because the committee coddles them"   Have upset alerts brought to you by Biff Tannen (the ficticious character, not the poster), "Kansas up on VCU right now, or are they...only time will tell."  I dunno, it has to be better than no basketball and I'd sure as shit turn on CBS for the first time in 12 months to see it.  

That Duke UK 92 game with Laettner's winning shot may never be topped. It's the one game from the far  past that I can still remember fairly clearly. I was watching it by myself in my apartment because I had a first date later that night and being  a college poor with no car, my date was picking me up. 

I'm watching this awesome game by myself and she shows up late second half and wants to leave right then. Of course, the game goes to overtime, and now she's really getting pissy about being late, etc... You just knew you were watching an all-timer, and here's this chick  being all cunty on the couch. Laettner hits that miracle shot and I'm going crazy and she couldn't have given less of a shit. Bitches, man.

She also had probably the best body of any chick I ever hooked up with, so perhaps that's another reason that night stands out. Pretty, pretty good evening. 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:49 PM, Blotto said:

That Duke UK 92 game with Laettner's winning shot may never be topped. It's the one game from the far  past that I can still remember fairly clearly. I was watching it by myself in my apartment because I had a first date later that night and being  a college poor with no car, my date was picking me up. 

I'm watching this awesome game by myself and she shows up late second half and wants to leave right then. Of course, the game goes to overtime, and now she's really getting pissy about being late, etc... You just knew you were watching an all-timer, and here's this chick  being all cunty on the couch. Laettner hits that miracle shot and I'm going crazy and she couldn't have given less of a shit. Bitches, man.

She also had probably the best body of any chick I ever hooked up with, so perhaps that's another reason that night stands out. Pretty, pretty good evening. 

I lived about 30 minutes north of Durham from '86-'93. Duke's B2B NC's and Webber's time out in a span of 3 years. People around there were some rabid bball mofos.

Valpo-Ole Miss finish still gives me chills.  i can distinctly remember watching that at my dad's house and, as soon as the game ended, i called my GF to tell her i saw the most incredible ending to a gave ever.  she couldn't care less.  but i just needed to tell somebody what happened.