2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

We'll know a lot more about the team when they play OSU-TTU-TCU in three consecutive weekends. As for now, they're playing as well as any in the country.

All 3 are very good teams but I think there's a misconception that those 3 teams are great pitching teams. TCU has some really good arms but Tech and Oklahoma State have substantial pitching issues IMO. Good pitching staffs but they are far from elite. For example, Baylor and K-State both had better team ERAs than Tech and Oklahoma State coming into this weekend. 

Those teams can all hit but I think the idea those teams are going to slow down the Texas bats is misguided . Texas should be able to hit against both Tech and Oklahoma State. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Seriously. Go 6-3 in that stretch and let’s win the fucking conference 

I expect at least two sweeps, so anything less than 8-1 will be a disappointment to me, but i’m probably going to pull the trigger on some flights to Omaha this week.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

Miss St at 3 with a sweep by arky in March? pshaw

And how in the fuck is louieville at 2? that poll's trolling us.

Oh come on now. Texas at #3 when MSU beat ya earlier this year... ppsshshhhhaww 

Sorry had to.  I've been watching boys... and y'all are rolling and I love it. Should have another easy week before the final stretch that as already discussed will be a real test. 

Hope yall win them all and win the conference. 

• Hook 'Em 8

while the horns have shown a lot of improvement and are finally starting to hit the god damned ball (thank god), i am with msu on this one.  we've been feasting on shit teams and we really don't have a leg to stand on in terms of shit-talking the sec's rankings right now given that arky, msu, and ole miss all handled us without much resistance to start the season but even worse, even after we started improving, we went and completely shit the bed in college station against a pretty shit-tastic agro team.  outside of the usc series, 0-4 against four different teams in the conference puts us in no position to whine.  now, whooping south carolina's ass was very satisfying but they are nowhere near the best that conference has to offer right now.  we are the biggest benefit of the doubt in that poll imo.

i'm hoping for some sort of 2005 baylor situation in the postseason against that conference...swept in the regular season but then eliminate them one by one through the postseason.

but for now, we need to claim back a little bit of pride against fucking abeline god damned christian.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

43 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Hi Cajun. I have missed reading your SEC hatred. 

Glad I can be of service again.

But you misunderstand me a bit.  I don't hate the SEC, just the cockgobbling that surrounds it.  Seems like subtle stuff, but it ain't subtle stuff.

Hell, I fuckin' hate our own sunshine pumping, Burnt Orange colored glasses retarded parrots that just squack out the same "We are Texas" propaganda at every opportunity.  Fuck 'em all.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Glad I can be of service again.

But you misunderstand me a bit.  I don't hate the SEC, just the cockgobbling that surrounds it.  Seems like subtle stuff, but it ain't subtle stuff.

Hell, I fuckin' hate our own sunshine pumping, Burnt Orange colored glasses retarded parrots that just squack out the same "We are Texas" propaganda at every opportunity.  Fuck 'em all.

Dude, have a Snickers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Oh come on now. Texas at #3 when MSU beat ya earlier this year... ppsshshhhhaww 

Sorry had to.  I've been watching boys... and y'all are rolling and I love it. Should have another easy week before the final stretch that as already discussed will be a real test. 

Hope yall win them all and win the conference. 

C'mon, Cocks at #10 when Texas SWEPT them, shut them out a game, and only allowed 6 total runs earlier this year?

This is a fun game!

1 hour ago, sidis said:

while the horns have shown a lot of improvement and are finally starting to hit the god damned ball (thank god), i am with msu on this one.  we've been feasting on shit teams and we really don't have a leg to stand on in terms of shit-talking the sec's rankings right now given that arky, msu, and ole miss all handled us without much resistance to start the season but even worse, even after we started improving, we went and completely shit the bed in college station against a pretty shit-tastic agro team.  outside of the usc series, 0-4 against four different teams in the conference puts us in no position to whine.  now, whooping south carolina's ass was very satisfying but they are nowhere near the best that conference has to offer right now.  we are the biggest benefit of the doubt in that poll imo.

i'm hoping for some sort of 2005 baylor situation in the postseason against that conference...swept in the regular season but then eliminate them one by one through the postseason.

but for now, we need to claim back a little bit of pride against fucking abeline god damned christian.

Counting that first weekend series against Texas is just bullshit.  Same goes for Tech and TCU.  With all the other shit going on that week we were obviously going to be really bad.  Our teams couldn't practice or even really leave their residences.  Half the state was without electricity.  The 3 SEC teams were living life normally, practicing normally and not dealing with the storm of the century.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Cajun said:

C'mon, Cocks at #10 when Texas SWEPT them, shut them out a game, and only allowed 6 total runs earlier this year?

This is a fun game!

You are right... they should be higher than that***. They are 8-4 in the #1 rated RPI conference. Have a rpi of 13 and sos of 14. 

Actually they are #11 (d1 baseball) 

Rankings are still very fluid, and can change so much with so many games left. We (MSU) have a huge series against Mississippi this weekend. 

Best of luck and hopefully neither of us get screwed out of hosting over politics. 

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Counting that first weekend series against Texas is just bullshit.  Same goes for Tech and TCU.  With all the other shit going on that week we were obviously going to be really bad.  Our teams couldn't practice or even really leave their residences.  Half the state was without electricity.  The 3 SEC teams were living life normally, practicing normally and not dealing with the storm of the century.

You do know the storm of the century hit MS and Ark almost as hard also don't you. none of them got any practice in that week before... 

Sorry. stop making excuses.  Texas needed some time to get their bats going... and that has happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We will get another shot at the SEC when it matters. Some bullshit in February isn't a big deal.

All we need now is to win the conference and secure a top 8 seed. 

accurate.  as i said in my post, i am hopeful for a 2005 baylor regular season-postseason dynamic with those assholes.

but in the meantime, i am not going to whine about teams that have beaten us being ranked around us.  if we win the conference and continue on the path we have recently established, we will be a top 8 seed and super regional host.  that's all that matters.  rankings don't make a shit beyond that.

10 minutes ago, msudawg said:

You are right... they should be higher than that***. They are 8-4 in the #1 rated RPI conference. Have a rpi of 13 and sos of 14. 

Rankings are still very fluid, and can change so much with so many games left. We (MSU) have a huge series against Mississippi this weekend. 

Best of luck and hopefully neither of us get screwed out of hosting over politics

^^^^^This.

Rankings are nice throughout the year but really only matter to the latter part of the season and being a top seed (8). We'll see how the NCAA screws this up and WHO they fuck over in pairing/setting up regionals and supers. Of course, ALL in the name of protecting players and fans BS.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

To be fair, we hate our own conference much more than we hate the SEC. 

Actually I love our conference in baseball and basketball. It is good, sometimes great, but it is not usually a meatgrinder. 

The OU and the 9 dwarfs we have going on in football sure sucks though.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Best of luck and hopefully neither of us get screwed out of hosting over politics. 

And, yet, with all that badass statery (yes, I just made that word up), they got waxed, completely waxed by an (at the time) pretty mediocre Longhorn squad.  

We can go round and round brah.

And for the record, I have zero problem with MSU, Vandy, and Arky's placement in that poll.  None.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

Totally fair except *abilene.  However, in the past, we have been unable to feast on the shit teams.  I take our ability to do so this year as a huge positive.  The only recent loss that's troubling is aggy.  But baseball is a cruel game.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

For the record I agree that we're a bit overplaced in the rankings right now, but that doesn't mean the SEC isn't absurdly overrated. The teams getting ripped off are, as historically usual, the west coast squads.

It's usually the ACC that gets more run than they deserve. 

IIRC Boyd or one of the baseball writers did a whole article on how west coast teams (west of the Mississippi in general) get screwed regularly.