2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

2 hours ago, PantsTent said:

LHN has been awesome for baseball this year. The 2 guys with names on the stadium is really all you need! Who could have predicted that...

One good moment in that Galindo/Madden interview was when Ty informed Doosh that he dumped social media completely.  Lowell was crestfallen that he couldn't work sm bullshit into the interview.

Ty is not only a badass pitcher, but a smart mutherfucker.

Now, if only we had some of his wisdom amongst the football program.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:16 PM, jdhorn92 said:

During tonight’s radio broadcast, Craig reviewed a regional projection.  Texas is currently not a top 8 seed nationally. Hard to believe. tcu is coming in at #2 overall seed currently. Lot of bball still to play , but crazy how we are not a top 8 at present 

I was just coming to see if this was posted. D1 put out their projections this morning and I had to double check... did they get TCU and Texas confused?

Comes down to SOS and RPI I guess...  Take care of business guys. win the conference. get a national seed. 

21 hours ago, Cajun said:

Look man, aggy sucks at just about everything, but Hydro-Mulching isn't one of those things.  You gotta get good at that to keep the sheep from runnin'.

Hey man.. that hits a little too close to home since we are some of the best in the the business with natural surfaces (golf, baseball, football) lol

• Haha 1

Dude, are you trying to put out the Bat Signal for aggy hoardes to sign up on this board?

jfc man, make those comments on Texaggy, not here.

While you're at it, tell 'em your alma mater can judge the hell outta meat.

iu-1.png

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Have a #34 game used longhorns jersey. Id like to get chance wheeless to sign it. Anybody have any info or ideas on how to make it happen

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Contact Drew Bishop,  Baseball Director of Operations,  512-471-9900. (that is the number listed in the staff directory).   Drew was a teammate with Chance.

Before, Vinny, Equipment Manager, would have been your guy.  Not sure why he left.   Let us know know if the current staff is helpful with tradition. 

https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/29/GEN_0729135557.aspx?path=general

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

Well then that fire must be damn hot by now.  I ran into him after a football game about 8-10 years ago.  We chatted for a few minutes (I think we were having a beer too, can't remember).  A few other people recognized him and he got caught up in it.  Seemed like he was okay, I dunno.  

Sometimes I picture that bus to Oklahoma State was actually booked.  And there's some guy still sitting on it waiting to head to Stillwater for the last 17 years or whatever it's been, like this:

I'd head to OSU right now if somebody had a bus for this weekend's baseball series.

Edited by Lobo

Anybody tailgate or seen any tailgate going on this year?  The football game day guide last year and for the spring game specifically says no tailgating and I know DPS was monitoring the state lots at least in the beginning.  But the baseball game day website doesn't mention tailgating at all.  I've only been to one Tuesday game and know the left field crew is out there but not sure if they go full tailgate on the weekends or not.  The group on top of the trailer past right field are out and about as well.  We plan to use one of the lots off Comal for the Tech game May 1st.  I think it will be fine but one of my buddies is paranoid.

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Any DDA sightings this year?

He’s definitely not behind home plate anymore. I’m pretty damn sure I’ve heard him out in LF though. He starts the “TEXAS”...”FIGHT” chant at least 10 times a game. Oh and that damn “ZU-BI-A” chant. Rage!

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Based on the stuff I've hear him say at political events, there's a 1 in 3 chance he got arrested storming the U.S. Capitol before the season began. 

Oh is he some kind of political activist? Well he certainly has the chanting voice for it.

2 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

He’s definitely not behind home plate anymore. I’m pretty damn sure I’ve heard him out in LF though. He starts the “TEXAS”...”FIGHT” chant at least 10 times a game. Oh and that damn “ZU-BI-A” chant. Rage!

Yep, he’s stationed in LF now. Restrictions this year keep him from snagging the empty seats in row 1

42 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Shortened games today are frustrating. Looks like their bullpen quality drops off fairly quickly and 4 innings shaved off gives us fewer ABs to work into them

What is the logic behind shortened games at this level? Seems unnecessary.

Oklahoma State can put up a lot of runs. These could be intense, high scoring games, much like the TCU/Oklahoma State series.

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Late to the baseball party.  Are we going about 45-10 and winning the conference?  Should be good enough for a top 4 seed.  Is this about right or a shade optimistic?  

It will be us vs TCU for the conference. That series is on the road, so it will be tough. If we take care of business elsewhere, that series will mean the difference between a top 4 seed vs 5-8.

Either way, yes, we are legit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Good job Horns. sweep would of been good but as stated still in great shape for the conference title and national seed.

Dawgs gave up a 4-0 lead to vandy today after sloppy play and like lost any chance of winning the SEC or even the west. But still in great shape to get a national seed.  Host the aggy's this weekend and need a sweep. 

Edited by msudawg
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, msudawg said:

Good job Horns. sweep would of been good but as stated still in great shape for the conference title and national seed.

Dawgs gave up a 4-0 lead to vandy today after sloppy play and like lost any chance of winning the SEC or even the west. But still in great shape to get a national seed.  Host the aggy's this weekend and need a sweep. 

*would have

*aggy (sans "the")