2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

4 hours ago, torre said:

As @texasstrong12 earlier mentioned,  Schlossnagle was very close to taking the Miss St job (see below) and some reports say he turned down the job.   

I think Schloss likely knows he's going to lose Saarloos sooner than later. 

TCU is a decent job but reality is it's still a tier 2 job at best. 

If you're going to lose the formula that made TCU work why not start over somewhere else with better facilities, more money, etc. From what I've heard, Miss State was far from the first time Schloss has looked around. 

Guest Lobo
42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm just happy we're getting the game in after lotsa doubt.  What can I say, I get my weather reports like every other orangeblooded Austinite...from PhDhorn. So what am I doing with the extra 15 minutes?  Cracking open another beer and figuring out what our RPI will be after this game.  If we even get 7 innings completed.  

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm just happy we're getting the game in after lotsa doubt.  What can I say, I get my weather reports like every other orangeblooded Austinite...from PhDhorn. So what am I doing with the extra 15 minutes?  Cracking open another beer and figuring out what our RPI will be after this game.  If we even get 7 innings completed.  

I was gonna go hang out in IPIHB and then head to my bunk. Thought that was implied. 

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Email for Ticket REQUESTS for Regionals and Supers went out yesterday.....you have til Next Wednesday @ 5pm to put in your order/request for tickets.....got mine put in a little earlier today. $75 each for All session ticket for Regionals and $45 each for Supers. Good Luck!

Edited by BillyGoatHill

In the past they have always given the season ticket holders first shot at them.  I'm not a season ticket holder and have never had a problem getting good tickets for the Regional/Super Regional after they opened it up.  in 2018 some aggy paid for the whole cost of my regional package for the privilege of watching his team get knocked out.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

In the past they have always given the season ticket holders first shot at them.  I'm not a season ticket holder and have never had a problem getting good tickets for the Regional/Super Regional after they opened it up.  in 2018 some aggy paid for the whole cost of my regional package for the privilege of watching his team get knocked out.

That is glorious!

6 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Not sure. I'm sure it went out to those first ( I am a season ticket holder) but I have been able to buy (request with success) in the past when I wasn't. 

I'm not a baseball season ticket holder, but received the email.  However, when I click the link, it does not provide me with an opportunity to buy any baseball postseason tickets.  There just is no option showing on the site for me.

Edited by ATXHorn94

I'm not a baseball season ticket holder, but received the email.  However, when I click the link, it does not provide me with an opportunity to buy any baseball postseason tickets.  There just is no option showing on the site for me.

I just tried it and looks like the server is down (surprise surprise) . I’d try again later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are doing maintenance on the site.
Just call or email the ticket office during business hrs M-F 9-5
tickets@athletics.utexas.edu

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They are doing maintenance on the site.
Just call emoji338.png or email the ticket office during business hrs M-F 9-5
tickets@athletics.utexas.edu
emoji869.png

Yes, the site went down after I tried to get tickets.  

Update:  I emailed the ticket office and they said the option to buy baseball postseason tickets would show up in my account by the end of the week.  Not sure why they sent me the email on Tuesday if it wasn't available for me yet, but I'll take it.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, PantsTent said:

I've never had season tickets but have always gotten emails to buy regional and super regional tickets and usually did and got good to great seats.  Did not receive any email yesterday or today though, so maybe it is a phased roll out for the link.

I emailed the ticket office and they said tickets can only be requested by 2021 season ticket holders.  That's what?...maybe 10% capacity.  They better expand that out after next week to others and not fuck up our home field advantage.  

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

This is so awesome in so many ways. Love seeing team chemistry like that. These dudes seem destined to make some noise this postseason. And we return like our entire infield along with Hodo and Todd and Kennedy. We gotta reconstruct his swing or get him a sports psychologist or something. Was expecting him to be more like Ben Johnson at the plate. Not a faster Jake McKenzie 

Edited by Fletch

Guest Lobo

For Texas Baseball purposes, who we cheering for this bye weekend?

We need Kansas State to sweep Kansas.  Won't really change our RPI much but if KSU can sweep the Jayhawks, they'll have a lot more to play for when they host TCU in the season finale.  KSU, if they upset and take 1 or even 2, from TCU...and make some noise in OKC...can still make the NCAA tournament as an at-large bid.  That's good for the Big XII, and really good for Texas since it would help us take the title outright from TCU.  

Baylor and OSU square off this weekend, both teams needing to add to their tournament resumes.  Not really sure who to pull for here.  I like OSU and their fans light years more than Baylor.  We beat both 2-1 on the road.  Any you maths guys wanna clue us in...who needs to win this series to benefit us more?  

We need Tech to sweep Oklahoma if possible.  It's in Norman and that'll be tough to do, but Tech winning the series is crucial.  If our only series loss of the season is to a team that finished 5-1 in league play and secured a very preferable regional host position...that's huge for our resume.  Plus it's Oklahoma, so pull for the sweep and expect the 2-1 Tech series win.  

TCU hosts non-conf. action with LA-Monroe.  Don't sleep on the Warhawks.  With TCU's starting rotation still having 1 or 2 question marks, these guys could steal one game.  They've upset Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, and Alabama this year.  Won't effect league standings, but I want to make damn sure we have some separation when it comes to national seeds with TCU in case things don't go our way in OKC and they're looking for excuses to give seeding preference to them over us.  

It's fun to be giving a shit about all this in mid-May again for the first time in three years.  The baseball program with the most academic all-conference selections in the Big XII is hard at work for finals this weekend.  What time are the regional selections announced today?  Curious how the last 4-8 shake out. 

23 hours ago, PantsTent said:

I emailed the ticket office and they said tickets can only be requested by 2021 season ticket holders.  That's what?...maybe 10% capacity.  They better expand that out after next week to others and not fuck up our home field advantage.  

FYI, I do not have season tickets and was able to request post season tickets this morning.  Try again, and good luck!

31 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Online or by calling?

Online.  I clicked the link in the email.  It took me to the season ticket renewal applications page of TexasSports.com, and there was an option to request baseball postseason tickets there.

Haha, me and NMAS are trying.  Here's what I got from Katie.  Current season ticket holders can't be 50%.  I hope UT isn't fucking this up...team deserves a great post-season crowd.

Katie: Right now, we're only taking baseball post-season tickets from groups at a certain priority level, they aren't on sale to the general public.
We will have a smaller than usual allotment this year, with capacity restrictions, and do not anticipate being able to fill beyond current season ticket holder requests. No guarantees even for season ticket holders this year.

PantsTent: Is it season ticket holders or loyalty point ranking? Can you say what the loyalty point ranking cutoff is at the moment?

Katie: It's season ticket holders first, and then within that group, by loyalty point ranking.

I was told that they were basing it off of a 25% limitation right now.  The NCAA has said that the maximum capacity will be 50%, subject to state and local restrictions which may lower that.  They better not keep the 25% limitation in place.

As an out of shape, too heavy, fully vaccinated, middle aged fatass, this is too restrictive. Let em play, let us watch.

Signed,

Fall football, opening Day Texas Ranger attendee, all sorts of kids shit participant, and various other semi-controlled events without issue guy.

We are to that point for such an event where everyone should know the risks and choose appropriately.

Guest Lobo
41 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

"The final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time Sunday, May 30."

Unless you're UNC-Charlotte, So. Mississippi, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, LA Tech, or Ole Miss---there isn't much to sweat for the bulk of that list.  

Longhorn fans will want to make a note to watch ESPN/2 on Monday (31 May) at 11:00a when they reveal the Top 8 National Seeds and the rest of the bracket.  Gametimes and TV will be revealed that evening around 10:00p.  

3 hours ago, PantsTent said:
Haha, me and NMAS are trying.  Here's what I got from Katie.  Current season ticket holders can't be 50%.  I hope UT isn't fucking this up...team deserves a great post-season crowd.

Katie: Right now, we're only taking baseball post-season tickets from groups at a certain priority level, they aren't on sale to the general public.
We will have a smaller than usual allotment this year, with capacity restrictions, and do not anticipate being able to fill beyond current season ticket holder requests. No guarantees even for season ticket holders this year.

PantsTent: Is it season ticket holders or loyalty point ranking? Can you say what the loyalty point ranking cutoff is at the moment?

Katie: It's season ticket holders first, and then within that group, by loyalty point ranking.

That's weird, because I'm not a baseball season ticket holder, and I was able to request tickets.

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They must think you are a season ticket holder then.  I just got off the phone with them and they said it was only open to season ticket holders right now and maybe next week it would be opened up to others.

Not sure why they would think that.  However, I have bought post-season baseball tickets in the past, so maybe that lumps you in the same bucket?  Dunno.

1 hour ago, ATXHorn94 said:

That's weird, because I'm not a baseball season ticket holder, and I was able to request tickets.

I told Katie that well this is bullshit and ATXhorn94 could order tickets and I demand to speak to the manager and she ended the chat.  Something is fishy. :) 

• Haha 1