2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

6 hours ago, Droopy said:

I really want this one for Zach. Everyone else that's put in hard work as well, but for this guy to win it would be special. Go get it young man. 🤘

Yep. Wish Austin Todd was healthy too. Get the 2 guys left that were here when Pierce showed up a ring. All good. Kennedy, Hodo and Todd are gonna make a filthy outfield next year. Todd will get his time. Hopefully. He deserves a healthy season 

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Surely as his lifetime friend you can tell us why he didn't come to Texas.

10 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

He was just a miss - by everybody.  There were eyeballs on him when people scouted Madden, but sometimes scouts and coaches are just stupid, collectively.  It happens  He was really good in HS. 

This is accurate.  Very stupid. I wanted to see what other dumbass theories would get posted in that OB thread. Texas told him he 'wasn't their type of player'.  In 2019 , it turned out they were right because he was hitting for power and average and we were 27-27. 

In the long run everything worked out but it would have been fun watching him rake in burnt orange 

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

This is accurate.  Very stupid. I wanted to see what other dumbass theories would get posted in that OB thread. Texas told him he 'wasn't their type of player'.  In 2019 , it turned out they were right because he was hitting for power and average and we were 27-27. 

In the long run everything worked out but it would have been fun watching him rake in burnt orange 

Know nothing about this but I wonder how his grades were at the time.

It may not matter at some schools but it does here and that is good.

22 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Know nothing about this but I wonder how his grades were at the time.

It may not matter at some schools but it does here and that is good.

Not the issue. Parents are both educators and he's a bright kid. Mom is aggy and they didn't offer either, and like @ClubWhatever said lots of schools just missed. He was MVP of a strong district as a junior and a teammate of a top-flight pitching prospect, so he wasn't under the radar, just underrated I guess. He's had an amazing experience at SHSU and will be drafted very highly and be just fine. And Texas is in Omaha again 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

There's a lot of really good HS baseball players out there, particularly in Texas. A lot of them fly under the radar.  It's why you see schools like DBU put together good teams and go far in the tourney. 

That and the 11.7 scholarship limit and professional draft. It gives the smaller schools a really good chance.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

There's a lot of really good HS baseball players out there, particularly in Texas. A lot of them fly under the radar.  It's why you see schools like DBU put together good teams and go far in the tourney. 

Yep.

Not everyone can play at Texas or A&M or TCU or Baylor.  Only so many scholarships to go around and there's other HS recruits.

Spending all your time wondering why we didn't go after/offer recruit X or Y is just boring.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If he can win two more games he will be mine as well.

I'm guessing he'll be announced as our opening starter any moment now?  IF it all goes to plan, you just throw Madden-Stevens-Hansen between Sunday-Friday as a prolonged weekend series, then reboot them for another weekend series Mon-Wed of the following week?  Obviously if we have to play extra games on Thursday and Saturday, it gets dicey.  Mississippi State actually has better pitching than Tennessee, in terms of depth anyway.  They could certainly outlast the Vols in the loser's bracket and come back to make trouble for us the following weekend.  

If anybody can confirm they are still available at any central Austin locations, I'll go by and get one for my daughter and ship you one Eugene.  

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Or "The Omo" 

Goes well with velo and oppo

It was so nice not hearing a conversation like this 

Swindell: well when you’re on the mound and it’s 2-2 you wanna attack cause 3-2 you get in a….

Lowell: oh wait a minute!!! Look at hook ‘em down there high fiving the little dude who just caught that foul ball!!!!! Gotta love hook ‘em doin his thing!!!!

Keith: um….yeah it’s always a great time here at the Disch. 

Then silence until “ohhhh ball hit well down the line it’s gotta chance!!!!” As it casually drifts off into the stands as a routine foul ball

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Either team's fans dismissing the other is a fool's errand.

this is 100% accurate.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        but fuck those guys                                                                                                                                            

• Hook 'Em 2