2020 NFL Free Agency

Chad

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:
1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

2013. DangeRuss will never win another title. Makes too much money.

Probably true, but i wouldnt count him out just yet....get him a stud wr and with his scrambling ability they could catch lightning in a bottle again

ermmm.... for Seattle team needs..... #1 WR is about 20th on the list.

no to derail the thread but that comment, just no lol. I love Russ, live in Seattle, love the team, and that's just not accurate, not a need, and not reflective of the style of play for the team. 

on topic, SB are won with players on rookie contracts. TB proved the exception by taking under value deals consistently, but Pats still had a squad of young players performing above expectation every year they won..... i think.... probably.... idk but I like that narrative so there. 

Pick what year(s) you are going to make a run. Sign your soon to be FA to extensions a few years before then, as cap goes up, those contracts hurt less, nail the draft and build experience with that group, and hope to hell it works out. That's what Seattle is doing, inked up Russ and Wags, aimed 2 years down the line, drafted well imo. Last year was not supposed to be what it was, injuries, possible #1 seed, Lynch coming back, nearly all games coming down to last possession... it was a chaotic roller coaster and I'm still tired thinking about it. This year, expectations are sky high.

Has there been a team that bought a SB in the past few decades? What I mean by that is a team loading up with big FA acquisitions, and turning things around and going to the ship. 

And if that worked, i'd love to look at the roster and it's composition of first contract players versus 2nd and 3rd contract guys.

SF and KC have stars on rookie deals. 

• Like 1

ermmm.... for Seattle team needs..... #1 WR is about 20th on the list.
no to derail the thread but that comment, just no lol. I love Russ, live in Seattle, love the team, and that's just not accurate, not a need, and not reflective of the style of play for the team. 

on topic, SB are won with players on rookie contracts. TB proved the exception by taking under value deals consistently, but Pats still had a squad of young players performing above expectation every year they won..... i think.... probably.... idk but I like that narrative so there. 
Pick what year(s) you are going to make a run. Sign your soon to be FA to extensions a few years before then, as cap goes up, those contracts hurt less, nail the draft and build experience with that group, and hope to hell it works out. That's what Seattle is doing, inked up Russ and Wags, aimed 2 years down the line, drafted well imo. Last year was not supposed to be what it was, injuries, possible #1 seed, Lynch coming back, nearly all games coming down to last possession... it was a chaotic roller coaster and I'm still tired thinking about it. This year, expectations are sky high.
Has there been a team that bought a SB in the past few decades? What I mean by that is a team loading up with big FA acquisitions, and turning things around and going to the ship. 
And if that worked, i'd love to look at the roster and it's composition of first contract players versus 2nd and 3rd contract guys.
SF and KC have stars on rookie deals. 

I wasnt saying thats the only need or first need...just that i dont think you can say he wont win another SB as of right now

Weren't they 1 game away from winning the division and getting a bye.....
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I wasnt saying thats the only need or first need...just that i dont think you can say he wont win another SB as of right now

Weren't they 1 game away from winning the division and getting a bye.....

Gotcha!

Seattle is absolutely a one of the teams that is literally a few inches from #1 NFC. WR just isn't really a need that makes a difference there at this moment, but i totally agree that RW is not done with SB's. If you want to add a team to follow next year for pure entertainment and heart attack moments/games, SEA is a great choice. Last year was one of the most chaotic seasons I've followed as a fan. It was great

Edited by cam4mav
things

Gotcha!

Seattle is absolutely a one of the teams that is literally a few inches from #1 NFC. WR just isn't really a need that makes a difference there at this moment, but i totally agree that RW is not done with SB's. If you want to add a team to follow next year for pure entertainment and heart attack moments/games, SEA is a great choice. Last year was one of the most chaotic seasons I've followed as a fan. It was great
Cowboys give me all the chaos i need lol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:
13 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

Gotcha!

Cowboys give me all the chaos i need lol

maybe think of it more like Shenanigans. Cheeky and Fun.

tenor.gif?itemid=5101618

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I remember but he's like 4 years removed from it now and hasn't displayed any residual issues since his surgery.  

I agree that Newton has been dinged up the past couple seasons -- he's taken a lot of shots.  But Bridgewater's knee?  There were people in the Vikings organization at the time who thought he might never play again.  It was really, really bad.

Anyway, I get your point.  Newton's injury issue have definitely been more recent.  However, none of his injuries come close in severity to TB's knee.  

I think a lot of players are going to look for those shorter 2 year deals to be able to get back in once the cap raises significantly and they are still young enough to demand top money...

Praise baby jebus Clowney stays in Seattle. Give him 17 mil a year with incentives, games played bonuses, etc.2 years. Ball out for 2 years and get dumb money. 

Siap...

14h
This guy acts & train like he been a part of the Patriot Way his whole career. Perfect fit AP.

Quote Tweet
e22Ip0dy_normal.jpeg
Charles Robinson. @CharlesRobinson
15h
A team source tells Yahoo Sports that Pro Bowl safety Adrian Phillips has agreed to a two-year deal with the #Patriots
Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Maybe this has been reported here but Colt to the Giants as Daniel Jones' backup. From the Redskins to the Giants. Oy vey. Would've loved him as Dak's backup.

I mean he gets to live in New York now versus Washington. That’s an upgrade. 
also, the broncos seem to really be trying to go for it behind....drew lock. Really glad they overpaid for gordon. Keep it up Elway. Keep helping the chiefs. 

Today on Espn they were talking about what teams should consider tanking for Trevor Lawrence. Seems so far away, it hasn’t crossed my mind. But then I thought, I could see the pats going into the season with stidham, lose a few games early, have a couple “weird” injuries and throw it in the rest of the way. I don’t see the pats being that bad this year even without Brady but I don’t think going 8-8 really helps them. And yes, the thought of giving the pats Lawrence would be a Tim Duncan-like move that would piss me off.