PSA: 2011 Texas v. Texas A&M game on LHN now

Bullneck

There's probably a thread that would be more appropriate for this, but how do we get LHN to show more "greatest hits"?  My DVR crashed so I don't have recordings of the national championship game, the Michigan game the year before, UGA and Utah, etc.  I find DirecTV's search function nearly unusable, too.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

There's probably a thread that would be more appropriate for this, but how do we get LHN to show more "greatest hits"?  My DVR crashed so I don't have recordings of the national championship game, the Michigan game the year before, UGA and Utah, etc.  I find DirecTV's search function nearly unusable, too.

I've watched all those via Youtube stream on my TV

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Watching now.  Not sure if I've seen it before.

Thanks for the info...

You didn't ask but I could talk about this game for hours. Context matters here. The game itself doesn't move the needle as far as a back and forth to the end classic but in the context of what that meant it is truly a classic. 

Houston had been rewriting the offensive record books and were back on TV at the end of their probation. They were throwing the ball unlike any other major school in history and being a bully,  having a scumbag head coach, and were scary as they weren't challenged. It was thought that they were better this year with klingler at QB than Ware whom won the Heisman the year before. Manny hazard had caught a stupid 140 catches (probably hyperbole there). Their RB averaged about 9 yards a carry.

The good guys had been getting their shit pushed in by cougar high for the last couple of years. Coming into this game we were finally winning again and had some serious momentum. The defense and secondary with Stanley Richard was really the best part of the team. It was the matchup everyone wanted to see. The game was on Saturday night.  The fans came with the intent to make this the loudest houston has had to deal with. 

The game starts and we bring the pain. We're stopping them. We're running the ball with Hadnot and....I wanna say adrian Smith? The cash twins are money. The crowd is berserk. 

Houston was never really in it. We demoralized them of any dreams of a MNC (it would had been shared if any because of the probation. Back then one poll didn't vote on teams on probation if I remember correctly) and it was so satisfying that it still makes me smile today. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, Butch Had Not said:

You didn't ask but I could talk about this game for hours. Context matters here. The game itself doesn't move the needle as far as a back and forth to the end classic but in the context of what that meant it is truly a classic. 

Houston had been rewriting the offensive record books and were back on TV at the end of their probation. They were throwing the ball unlike any other major school in history and being a bully,  having a scumbag head coach, and were scary as they weren't challenged. It was thought that they were better this year with klingler at QB than Ware whom won the Heisman the year before. Manny hazard had caught a stupid 140 catches (probably hyperbole there). Their RB averaged about 9 yards a carry.

The good guys had been getting their shit pushed in by cougar high for the last couple of years. Coming into this game we were finally winning again and had some serious momentum. The defense and secondary with Stanley Richard was really the best part of the team. It was the matchup everyone wanted to see. The game was on Saturday night.  The fans came with the intent to make this the loudest houston has had to deal with. 

The game starts and we bring the pain. We're stopping them. We're running the ball with Hadnot and....I wanna say adrian Smith? The cash twins are money. The crowd is berserk. 

Houston was never really in it. We demoralized them of any dreams of a MNC (it would had been shared if any because of the probation. Back then one poll didn't vote on teams on probation if I remember correctly) and it was so satisfying that it still makes me smile today. 

By my unofficial count I've been to north of 200 games at DKR, and all but 3 since 1992. The atmosphere that night was the best I've ever seen in that stadium, and I don't know anyone who was there that feels differently...

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, Butch Had Not said:

easily the drunkest I have ever been at a game...when you lived thru 85-88(worst 4 year stretch since Ed Price), the best way to describe it is "cathartic".

On 4/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, Butch Had Not said:

Excellent summary. It was truly glorious.

• Like 1

Randy Peschel caught the 4th down pass.  

He was my Sunday school teacher in 1984. I remember thinking he was this old guy who caught that pass forever ago. It had been 15 years and he was probably 35. Same amount of time from 2005 to now.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Ah the old resignation bowl. Moving that game to the end of the season didn’t exactly work out like ABC envisioned.

Look for me in the stands. I’m the drunk guy wearing an orange shirt.

Less than 50,000 in the stands.  And next year Fred takes them 11-0.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:40 AM, Ignatius said:

By my unofficial count I've been to north of 200 games at DKR, and all but 3 since 1992. The atmosphere that night was the best I've ever seen in that stadium, and I don't know anyone who was there that feels differently...

This is WHY regional rivalrys are so damned fun.  ISU, WVU, nada.

4 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

Just finished watching UT v Arkansas - 1987... Tony Jones w/ 4 seconds left to win! Man I loved beating the Hogs - In that era, this, Gardere vs. OU and the Houston beat down are among my favorite. 

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Ah the old resignation bowl. Moving that game to the end of the season didn’t exactly work out like ABC envisioned.

Look for me in the stands. I’m the drunk guy wearing an orange shirt.

In 1976 you would have been one of less than a thousand wearing orange...

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

He was my Sunday school teacher in 1984. I remember thinking he was this old guy who caught that pass forever ago. It had been 15 years and he was probably 35. Same amount of time from 2005 to now.

Hey man. Shut the hell up with this shit making me feel old

• 2 weeks later...
1999 Texas v. OU on now.  We're getting run out of the stadium 17-0.  Damn

Ya but one of those TD’s was total bullshit with the wr dropping the ball on the damn 2 YL

And that ou coaching staff was effin stacked... leach, Mangino, and venables just off the top of my head.

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Ya but one of those TD’s was total bullshit with the wr dropping the ball on the damn 2 YL

And that ou coaching staff was effin stacked... leach, Mangino, and venables just off the top of my head.

Applewhite rallied the troops and the defense got tough and we tied it 17-17 at half.  Beat them down in the 2nd half and won 38-28.