PSA: 2011 Texas v. Texas A&M game on LHN now

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Holy shit.  They scored on the second play from scrimmage.  And looked great the rest of the first quarter. 

I thought for a moment I was watching the 2000 game.  I couldn't believe LHN would air that. 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, Butch Had Not said:

You didn't ask but I could talk about this game for hours. Context matters here. The game itself doesn't move the needle as far as a back and forth to the end classic but in the context of what that meant it is truly a classic. 

Houston had been rewriting the offensive record books and were back on TV at the end of their probation. They were throwing the ball unlike any other major school in history and being a bully,  having a scumbag head coach, and were scary as they weren't challenged. It was thought that they were better this year with klingler at QB than Ware whom won the Heisman the year before. Manny hazard had caught a stupid 140 catches (probably hyperbole there). Their RB averaged about 9 yards a carry.

The good guys had been getting their shit pushed in by cougar high for the last couple of years. Coming into this game we were finally winning again and had some serious momentum. The defense and secondary with Stanley Richard was really the best part of the team. It was the matchup everyone wanted to see. The game was on Saturday night.  The fans came with the intent to make this the loudest houston has had to deal with. 

The game starts and we bring the pain. We're stopping them. We're running the ball with Hadnot and....I wanna say adrian Smith? The cash twins are money. The crowd is berserk. 

Houston was never really in it. We demoralized them of any dreams of a MNC (it would had been shared if any because of the probation. Back then one poll didn't vote on teams on probation if I remember correctly) and it was so satisfying that it still makes me smile today. 

That crowd was so loud. I was wired up all night after that one. 

The score was 45-10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter, but the coogs scored two TD's (one with 20 something seconds left) to make the final score 45-24.

I remember the majority of the students were down on the track taunting the coogs for a lot of the fourth quarter. The players all had their helmets on and they kept looking around like they expected a riot at any second.

23 hours ago, BornOrange said:

The score was 45-10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter, but the coogs scored two TD's (one with 20 something seconds left) to make the final score 45-24.

I remember the majority of the students were down on the track taunting the coogs for a lot of the fourth quarter. The players all had their helmets on and they kept looking around like they expected a riot at any second.

That game, aggy a month later (broke a 5-game losing streak) and the NCAA tournament run 4 months later were a hell of a fun time to be living in West Campus....

55 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

That game, aggy a month later (broke a 5-game losing streak) and the NCAA tournament run 4 months later were a hell of a fun time to be living in West Campus....

You must have been having too good a time......the NCAA run happened in March of 90, not March of 91.

Today, LHN has been replaying games from 2005.  Some BFO’s:

*VY was soooo good.  One More Year!

*Charles was special .. a 3-down bolt of lightning.

*Ramonce really fucked up his potential for greatness.  Dumbass.

*Kickoff team was horrendous.  I’ll probably relive my Steve Breaston nightmares from 15 years ago.  

I've been to lots of Texas football games and I've never seen a home crowd as berserk as it was for that Houston game. I'll remember that forever. 

Super nerd alert but I remember decompressing during college by going out to my dad's house at Lake Travis, working a jigsaw puzzle, eating brisket, drinking Dr. Pepper, and watching replays of that game on our VCR for many, many weekends. Damn those were good times.