Breeders FX

WBT

Anyone watching this?  It's a 30 minute comedy starring Martin Freeman.  The mom is also really good.

"Humans have wolloped the shit out of our kids since caveman times, right up until Live Aid.  It's only in the last generation it's changed"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
22 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Damn.  Why did they age up the kids so dramatically?  The son's freakout scene about fires and burglars was one of the best parts of last season.

both the kids were stellar.  martin freeman's parents too.   very funny show.  looking forward to the new season.

• 4 weeks later...

I necrobumped this but then forgot to watch when it came back.  The season premier was pretty good.

"And no sneaky Anne Frank birthday in the attic, etiher"

"Canceling a child's birthday?  Are you in a Roald Dahl book?"

I agree that they shouldn't have aged the kids up so much but it's still strangely soothing watching Martin Freeman scream and curse at them.

Edited by WBT

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Fuck off with your fucking air fryer!  You don't fool me!  You can't fry food with air, you pricks!"

...followed by quite a fucking downer.

This show has definitely shifted to become darker and more serious since Season 1 but I really like it.  It still has really funny moments too.

And nice touch with the psa at the end. I wonder if they did that for the British viewing.

I like that it shows what once were funny but thin characters into complex and difficult situations and still retaining their sense of humor.

Spoiler

The look that Ally’s stepdad gave her mom when informing on her son-in-law was hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’re three eps in of s3 and are really having issues with it. This show was so funny in S1 and now it’s this mess of darkness interspersed with small bits of humor from the grandparents.

This situation with allowing Luke to take over the household and Paul being a miserable emotional cuck to his sons mental health issues is just stupid. Who would do that? Blow up your household over this? It’s England; they still have those workhouses for children like Oliver Twist so send that fucker there. It has screwed with the family dynamic with Eva and Ally. (Daisy Haggard was so funny on Episodes). We’ll stay with it but looking at the synopses I’m not optimistic.

Paul’s moments of rage remind me a lot of growing up with my dad. For us our family ended in divorce, and in the long term it was good for everyone. In the short term it was a constant mind fuck of emotions. These scenes are not my favorite but there is a certain logic to it and the narrative moves on. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I enjoyed most of s4. I’ve never cared for the son at any age and hated his arc, constant anxiety, his being a bigger emotional vampire than Colin Robinson. I hated his inability to deal with his child and was hoping his girlfriend would dump him. He will likely be an abuser.

I’ve always liked best the relationships of Paul and Ally and Jim and Jackie. Paul could be irritating as well.

This last episode just kind of ended , which I guess is more like life. Paul and Ally having to take care of aging parents, kids, grandchild, etc. just muddling thru like the rest of us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

This last episode just kind of ended , which I guess is more like life. Paul and Ally having to take care of aging parents, kids, grandchild, etc. just muddling thru like the rest of us.

Spoiler

They go from unilateral decisions to doing uncomfortable but necessary things together.