Globe Life Field est 2020

TeddyBearStallion

On 6/24/2020 at 8:15 PM, HRSchenker said:

Last month it was explained to me by ballpark staff that the roof must be open but not all the way. That was the only way they could host high school graduations so it will end up looking like this

101651914_10216171196422677_1761622574946582528_n.jpg

It was always going to be cracked open so the Odor could vent.

• Haha 1

I think this pic was about 2 pm CT. Are we gonna have to endure that annoying sun-pattern in LF for day games? Also seems like an outfielder could easily lose a ball in those if it took a certain path. Can't wait for someone to discover a hidden jetstream to right center or whatever oversight gets exposed next

No, today was the first day of workouts, hence his comment about baseball being back. 

There are a shit-ton of things to bitch about this park, but a noon pic on July 3 from the press box ain’t one of them. We played exactly ONE home day game in July last year, against Hou at 2 on a Sunday. We’re not gonna play a shitload of day games in future seasons either just because of AC, that’s bad for attendance & TV. 

2 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

I have about 90 to 100 pics if I can figure out how to get them from my Google drive.  Having trouble importing them from my phone to my laptop.  

Some guy on MLB Network said there was a "wood thing" at one of the entrances with lines to "all the towns in Texas" except Houston at one of the entrances?

2 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Some guy on MLB Network said there was a "wood thing" at one of the entrances with lines to "all the towns in Texas" except Houston at one of the entrances?

I must have missed it.  We started the tour at the left field entrance and I bailed on my tour group to go take photos ...for surly.   

Edited by TeddyBearStallion

As promised, here are the photos I took of Globe LIfe Field on my tour.  

Taken from the east side, you can see the juxtaposition of the two stadiums both in theme and in personality.   Here are a few pictures I took of the exterior along with Texas Live   Note that much of the exterior is made of Texas limestone, which in a way contradicted my earlier opinion that this was lacking in a Texas theme.  Maybe symbolically, but combine the limestone and Texas Live it does give off a modern Texas metropolitan or urban feel to it.  But it steel lacks the personality and charm of the old ballpark.  

Old vs New.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 2

The nice part about the walkways is how they reversed where the concessions so that you can still see the field.   They even have those narrow table tops right behind the seats for people to stand up and enjoy their food and beverage (while watching the game) without having to go back to their seat.   

26.jpg

25.jpg

24.jpg

There isn't a bad seat in the house.  The views from all over make you feel like you are much closer and right on top of the field, especially in the outfield.   These pictures don't really do justice to how much closer the views are.  The infield and field itself looks closer in person then it does in the pics. Even from centerfield, you feel like you are right on top of the infield and close to the game itself.   This element is a big upgrade from the old ballpark in my opinion.  The view from centerfield when we started our tour and various views from the outfield and infield upper decks that show how much closer and on top you are to the field itself. These have to be some of the best views in baseball:

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

Edited by TeddyBearStallion
  • Like 1

Looks like they did a great job inside. I haven't looked up ticket prices but it appears they can carve the place into a bunch of different price points if they want, because the sections are so broken up. I hope it doesn't have the new Yankee Stadium effect of the lower infield sections always being empty due to high prices and no-show rich folk.

Question: what is the area at the top level between home-1st base? Kind of above and to the right of the press box in the pics? I'm not sure I've seen a stadium that keeps that area open, but maybe it's a party deck or something.

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

Looks like they did a great job inside. I haven't looked up ticket prices but it appears they can carve the place into a bunch of different price points if they want, because the sections are so broken up. I hope it doesn't have the new Yankee Stadium effect of the lower infield sections always being empty due to high prices and no-show rich folk.

Question: what is the area at the top level between home-1st base? Kind of above and to the right of the press box in the pics? I'm not sure I've seen a stadium that keeps that area open, but maybe it's a party deck or something.

It is an area for writers from the media who keep stats, etc.  I think?  

Keep in mind that these pics make it look like you are further away (and the field bigger and more spread out) then  you really are.  They don't really do the views justice.  You are so close to and on top of the field and in particular, the infield.  Moreso then any baseball stadium I've been to.  

On 7/8/2020 at 9:11 AM, TeddyBearStallion said:

It is an area for writers from the media who keep stats, etc.  I think?  

I think those guys will be inside with a/c as in the past. Looks like the glass-enclosed area above the word "Home" and down towards 1st base from there, which is how the old ballpark was set up for media. The boxes above "of the Texas Rangers" are TV/radio.

So it still looks like the new place has left blank an area where pretty much every other stadium would have four large sections of the top level infield seating. That's a bunch of revenue. It's quite possible that's a paid party area or something. I'm just intrigued because I can't think of another stadium that has a seating gap in that spot.

Edit: It's between 315-316 on the seating map. Watching the overhead video on the web site, looks like there is some type of seating, possibly a restaurant or maybe it is indeed media seating.

Edited by Bartles

12 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
12 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:
You can tell that the acoustics are set up to make GLF loud as hell.  You can really hear that ball pop and the crack of the bat is even louder.  

That's probably because there's no one there.

True.  Would probably sound more muffled with the sound waves being absorbed by love handles, boobies and fat asses.