Getting home from surgery

I have eye surgery (strabismus) tomorrow morning and they just told me I was not allowed to take Uber home. They put me under for the procedure and she said they would ask for the name and number of the person taking me home before they will administer anesthesia. 

I don't know anyone where I live to give me a ride, so what are my options here? Are they really going to insist on speaking to someone who says they are giving me a ride and walk me outside and put me in the car? Can I just say my ride is waiting outside and they will let me go out on my own? I'm kind of doubting they won't be covering their ass thoroughly. 

Any way to contact an Uber/Lyft directly and work something out with a driver by telling them my situation?   

8 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I have eye surgery (strabismus) tomorrow morning and they just told me I was not allowed to take Uber home. They put me under for the procedure and she said they would ask for the name and number of the person taking me home before they will administer anesthesia. 

I don't know anyone where I live to give me a ride, so what are my options here? Are they really going to insist on speaking to someone who says they are giving me a ride and walk me outside and put me in the car? Can I just say my ride is waiting outside and they will let me go out on my own? I'm kind of doubting they won't be covering their ass thoroughly. 

Any way to contact an Uber/Lyft directly and work something out with a driver by telling them my situation?   

Where do you live?

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Certainly someone on this board in the Austin area could come get you.  

(however, protect your cornhole)

Yeah, but I'm not asking for favors, especially when people are trying to stay in. I did think about putting something on Nextdoor to see if some high school kid that's out would do it for 50 bucks, but I'm not real comfortable doing that. I also won't know when I'm going to be done and ready to go, so that would mean them being around waiting for me to call. 

1 minute ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Yeah, but I'm not asking for favors, especially when people are trying to stay in. I did think about putting something on Nextdoor to see if some high school kid that's out would do it for 50 bucks, but I'm not real comfortable doing that. I also won't know when I'm going to be done and ready to go, so that would mean them being around waiting for me to call. 

Then just call uber and lie to the docs.

1 minute ago, ROFL BOX said:

What time is surgery & WHERE is the surgery?

See that's the problem, that I just posted above. It's at NW Acension on Research. I can Uber there, it's the ride after that I won't know what time I'll be needing the ride. 

Just now, BBQ2Bayou said:

See that's the problem, that I just posted above. It's at NW Acension on Research. I can Uber there, it's the ride after that I won't know what time I'll be needing the ride. 

What TIME is the surgery & where in N Austin do you live?

10 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

You should go this route.

"Looking for for high school boy who wants to earn $50. Must have reliable transportation. Reasonable trades considered."

What could go wrong?

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

He's gonna be drugged up, huh?  You gonna go Deliverance on him or have him sign a contingency contract for a roof replacment?

He needs to be reborn. So drive him to the Alamo, walk him inside so he will crash out, then awaken to his new life there.

Another big thanks to ROFL. Couldn't have gotten it done without him. Guy even offered to pick me up in the morning so I didn't have to take an Uber to the surgery. 

Good man. He had to go through 10 minutes of instructions with a nurse who wasn't in a proper short white skirt. 

Only asked me for 3 handjobs on the ride home. I thought that was very reasonable and didn't try to negotiate down.  

• Like 2